It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the actual cost of Obamacare?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I decided to put a little time into this before I got some sleep for school tomorrow so the data might be a little more useful. As it happens, I seemed to have found among the cheaper examples to use by choosing the Missouri one.

New Jersey is going to hurt and...umm.. Wyoming? Who did you guys really piss off in Washington? I mean, eeeek! It's not just a LITTLE higher. Wyoming scores #1 highest by A LOT for rates in the entire nation. (Among the states Healthcare.gov is allowing the public to download data on) It's not THAT dangerous a state. I drove across it enough years. A really nice state, actually. Real conservative though, Cheney lives there, doesn't he?
edit on 30-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor edits

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the info, don't know much on this subject.

Here's my problem, I don't need or want health insurance.

* Healthy 30
*No dependants.
*Ive been to the Dr 4 times in the last 10yrs. Excluding annual STD check up s.
*I can pay 150$ cash every couple years and save my money.
*Even if it was free for me, why would I want anyone else to pay for something I don't need...
*Isn't 900$ a month in taxes enough from me???

I don't need your food stamps, obamacare, vaccines, and I don't need anyone telling me what I can or can't Dow with my own body.
I busted my butt since I was 16 working two jobs sometimes just so I wouldn't ever depend on anyone including the government.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You've put together some great information OP, Thank you. But I haven't seen anyone mention the deductibles for the plans you've shown. I'm pretty sure that most of them have them, and from what I've seen they can be very high, like up to 10,000.00 and the subsidy doesn't cover that. Even if you can get a plan with a 3,000 dollar deductible, how the hell is anyone going to be able to afford it, on top of what they are paying for the medical insurance itself?

It just boggles my mind, how utterly ridiculous this Healthcare law is.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I'm glad this has been helpful. I was hoping it could be useful to give some an idea of what this is about by their own numbers, anyway.

The deductible does seem to be a major issue and for some reason, is one of the only bits of data NOT included with everything at Healthcare.gov for the data sets. Perhaps those vary enough to be calculated on a per-person basis? That almost sounds stupid to say..but then, look at what happened with the site for everyone? Perhaps that was part of the bad planning?

Anyway, if someone knows where I can get that last bit to add to everything else, please do share! I'll update the data as needed.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Sadly you are in the group that Obamacrap needs in order to cover the poor and needy, so get ready to be gouged to pay for somebody else care.

I am very surprise that people are finding out what obamacrap is all about now, and what are they are doing about it? just complaining, Sorry Sasquatchhunter but people need to get up their seat and march into Washington and demand the arrest of Obama For been a liar to the nation.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

I feel you spooky! What you stated is the prime example of what the ACA is doing.

Since our average middle class doesn't qualify for subsidies, find a lower paying job to get a "lower cost" all the while your standard of living decreases because now, there's less income and WAAMMO! Now your signing up for govt' aid! We are all heading this way, it's scary and daunting.

My company rolled out with there offers for the ACA well before it was ever implented to this point and at that time, I responded to a thread regarding the costs, I was well aware that the costs were "the same" if not more.

The insurance agent looked at me with "wide eyes" because I was the only "young gun" that new a "good deal" about the ACA/Obamascare, I owe that knowledge to ATS

I just hope nothing happens where the company I work for drops coverage in the future... I guess worrying isn't going to do anything though, I'll just "deal" as the SHTF...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Here's the rub: If you don't have two nickels to rub together, how can you pay more than 10 cents for your insurance? We had what ... 40-50 million uninsured? The ACA has forced 20 million out of their existing policies? Did things get better or worse? Are "the uninsured" insured yet?
edit on 30102013 by Snarl because: Wording

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Like is been said, people, just remember the payments to insurance companies by mandate AKA taxes is for life or the life of your working years, this means you are giving your hard earned dollars to the insurance companies corporations by force because the government that is supposed to be looking for you best interest is forcing you, to pay out.

Now what you are going to do about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

The uninsured debacle and the affordable mantra along with insurance to the poor and needy was nothing but a lie to push into the public without any voice of the actual working class (the most affected) the biggest take over by corporate insurance in America.

It was a lie that most Americans were not insured, The working productive class had insurance either by their employers or by personal choice, the ones that didn't have insurance was after all the needy and poor that depend on Welfare, did they got free insurance? hell no, they got expanded Medicaid but only if the state they live in expands

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

signalfire
So it would appear that they want us all to quit our jobs, earn money in an underground, unreported economy**, and apply for full subsidies.

LOL You just described the lifestyle of an illegal immigrant.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
New Jersey is going to hurt and...umm.. Wyoming? Who did you guys really piss off in Washington? I mean, eeeek! It's not just a LITTLE higher. Wyoming scores #1 highest by A LOT for rates in the entire nation. (Among the states Healthcare.gov is allowing the public to download data on) It's not THAT dangerous a state. I drove across it enough years. A really nice state, actually. Real conservative though, Cheney lives there, doesn't he?

Wrabbit, maybe you or somebody else can help me out here. Why are there different rates at all? This is a federal law, but they're treating people as more equal/less equal than others. I honestly don't get it. Help!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well our system costs less per person than the US, without private insurance nightmare, covers MORE, and costs under 100 per adult person (65 dollars on average, just over 100 for a family) , and many subsidized to no cost. And we don't pay 4000 out of our pockets before the coverage kicks in, even after 2 allotted visits.

Just saying.

Don't undertand what kind of system you guys living under.

But then, in our country if the PM's party doesnt get the majority vote for a bill or law, the government folds, for it didn't have mandate, and a new election is called.

He doesn't stay in, bully people, evict elderly from their homes, close national parks, cut off pensions and food stamps and make threats to get his way.

Really don't get that.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Awesome, sad, depressing. They need to change the definition of "Affordable".

It won't matter in the long run we will all see it is the plan of Obamacare to bankrupt America and thus allow the takeover by America's Pharmacy - MEXICO.

Michelle Obama to kids, " Listen pumpkins, I have to tell you something important - You're half Mexican on your daddy's side. They will never figure out Kenya.

Actually, Mexico influences all of America much more than anyone is willing to admit. I was researching rescue inhalers for breathing disorders and found that tons of folks get them from border towns for dirt cheap. These are life saving devices that hell should be as dirt cheap to get in someones hands as possible.

No government or private industry should so greatly profit on such items that it causes people great harm. Just think if Mexico's Pharmacy could compete with Obama care. This might cause people who never sought crime to seek out the seedier ways to get their meds - and in Mexico, take the wrong turn and you may never come back. Cartels control the racket.

They took the CFC's out and really screwed up these inhalers for tons of people because the current delivery system simply does not work well enough to get the medicine deep down and it's not as effective anyway.

So CFC's they say cause holes in the Ozone Layer which now we KNOW is false but they wont change policy back to allow them.

I just had a bout with bronchitis and had to use one of these for a while. There are tons of children with asthma that rely on these things to work. I have an idea what these people go through - when you cannot breathe no matter what it can be the most frightening thing you'll ever experience in your life.

Hey.. er.. didn't I read someplace illegal immigrants will get care for free? Talk about elephants in the room, they are all over the place.
edit on 30-10-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

...Sorry Sasquatchhunter but people need to get up their seat and march into Washington and demand the arrest of Obama For been a liar to the nation.

Unfortunately that is no longer an option.
Anti-Occupy" law ends American's right to protest

...What stunned me was that this protest, in China, against the government’s upcoming policy, at the government headquarters, would not now be tolerated here in the United States of America.

Thanks to almost zero media coverage, few of us know about a law passed this past March, severely limiting our right to protest. The silence may have been due to the lack of controversy in bringing the bill to law: Only three of our federal elected officials voted against the bill’s passage. Yes, Republicans and Democrats agreed on something almost 100%....

Last year’s “occupy movement” scared the government. On March 8, President Obama signed a law that makes protesting more difficult and more criminal. The law is titled the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act, and it passed unanimously in the Senate and with only three “no” votes in the House. It was called the “Trepass Bill” by Congress and the “anti-Occupy law” by everyone else who commented.

The law “improves” public grounds by forcing people - protestors - elsewhere. It amends an older law that made it a federal crime to “willfully and knowingly” enter a restricted space. Now you will be found guilty of this offense if you simply “knowingly” enter a restricted area, even if you did not know it was illegal to do so. The Department of Homeland Security can designate an event as one of “national significance,” making protests or demonstrations near the event illegal.

The law makes it punishable by up to ten years in jail to protest anywhere the Secret Service “is or will be temporarily visiting,” or anywhere they might be guarding someone. Does the name Secret tell you anything about your chances of knowing where they are? The law allows for conviction if you are “disorderly or disruptive,” or if you “impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions.” You can no longer heckle or “boo” at a political candidate’s speech, as that would be disruptive.

After you swallow all of this and correctly conclude that it is now very easy to be prosecuted for virtually any public protest, you should brace yourself and appreciate that it is even worse. Today, any event that is officially defined as a National Special Security Event has Secret Service protection. This can include sporting events and concerts....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I doubt they read anything. They saw the 3,000 pages, and said, "The hell with that. It says affordable. Just pass the stupid thing."
edit on 30-10-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Re, My post above.

Hey Obama.. you want open borders and tons of immigrants fine.. give me mail order meds direct from Mexico. I think that's only fair.

I'll get off my soap box now.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by dashen

Yes, those are monthly premium rates. Now, I wouldn't be fair in this if I didn't point out, those are rates before any tax credits or subsidizing by the US Government.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Also...What made you choose this specific County/State from the list?

Wrabbit2000
There is a challenge at the moment though, as to whether the Government legally CAN extend credits or subsidy to state residents who are not among the states running their own exchange. The ACA, apparently, says they can't.

Most uninsured Americans live in states that won’t run their own Obamacare exchanges

Yes. We will see how it shakes out in court. I find it unusually troublesome that some groups dislike the law so much that they would fight to deny the subsidies/credits from people that need them.

Court could block Obamacare subsidies in 34 states
Commentary: Legal challenge could knock out the federal exchanges

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

jhn7537
Can someone please explain to me how this was passed in Congress?

Nancy Pelosi .... "you have to pass it to find out what is in it".
Pretty dang stupid .... that's exactly what they did.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

edit on 30-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor edits

Wyoming has always ranked very high in Health Insurance cost...

See here:
Average per person health Insurance cost in 2010 $267
kff.org...

Also see here:

Exchanges in states with few insurers participating tend to be the most expensive. For example, Wyoming, the most expensive, and Alaska, the second-most expensive, each have just two insurance carriers competing for customers. New Jersey, which has four competing carriers, has prices slightly lower, followed by Delaware and South Dakota, where three insurance companies are participating in each state.

In general, states where more insurers are competing have lower rates, says Gary Cohen, deputy administrator and director of the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. States with average premiums in the lowest quartile had an average of eight insurance companies participating, while states with average premiums in the highest quartile only had three, according to the HHS report.

Exchanges in states with few insurers participating tend to be the most expensive. For example, Wyoming, the most expensive, and Alaska, the second-most expensive, each have just two insurance carriers competing for customers. New Jersey, which has four competing carriers, has prices slightly lower, followed by Delaware and South Dakota, where three insurance companies are participating in each state.

www.marketwatch.com...

Wyoming has few doctors per capita and a dispersed population of only 500,000.

So insurance companies aren't scrambling to compete in the state allowing high prices.

I can find data farther back than 2010, but I suspect Wyoming has always been over-priced.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

And with these new lawsuits, what happens to those who sign up?
Those who "qualify" for subsidies?
Those who got thrown under the bus because they are retirees, spouses or part-time workers no longer covered?
Those who had individual policies that no longer exist in 2014?

SNAFU is all I can think.
I'd say what were they thinking, but it seems thought processes were few and far between when this law was written

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join