It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a boy thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hi guys

Mrs C is at fat club

So I have time to write a thread, a short one at least.

I was in the library (the room a guy can sit and read in peace) with the door wide open without fear of reprisal, a weekly pleasure.

When I looked around whilst contemplating something I had just read. When it struck me.

Just how many products we have in our bathroom

I need to explain something at this point, before my ever loving, long suffering wife moved in, my bathroom had 1 toothbrush, 1 toothpaste, 1 bottle of all purpose soap, a bottle of after shave, one razor and George my rubber duck (it's a long story).

As I made my way through the maze I counted the products in our bathroom, we are the proud owners of. 48, count them, 48 separate products.

Just a second the current Mrs C just got home...........................Oh apparently we need them, one body scrub is not enough and neither is one shampoo.

Too quote "They are all important to me, I need them"

So I just counted all the important things I have, you guys will understand, remote controls, toy helicopters, rubber ducks,

In total 16, that includes my guitars, my cell phone and to try to be fair to my wife I'll add my avatars, 4 so far and working on one for Christmas .

That's it guys even including my avatars I can't make it to half the amount of the products in our bathroom

As my school reports used to say "Must try harder"

Cody

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You only visit the porcelain man-cave once a week ?
Roughage, my friend...roughage.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Heres an example, when I moved with my wife to Portland.

My box count: 4, this included all my electronics, video games, clothing, everything I needed to move 1200 miles.

Wifes box count: Filled up half a damn moving van with her stuff, including 4 boxes labeled "bathroom".

Ive told her next time we are going for equality and she will get the same number of boxes as me, her response.

"Wouldn't all those extra empty boxes be wasteful for you?"

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
LOL wow, it really must be a guy thing. Because I have more than 48 Rubber ducks in my bathroom. Couldn't even fathom the number of other "important" woman items I have in there.
Actually, the rubber ducks are the only important woman items I have. I could live without the other junk.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

chiefsmom
LOL wow, it really must be a guy thing. Because I have more than 48 Rubber ducks in my bathroom. Couldn't even fathom the number of other "important" woman items I have in there.
Actually, the rubber ducks are the only important woman items I have. I could live without the other junk.

I need 5 things total,

Razer, Ivory soup, Toothpaste, Tooth Brush, Deodorant.

Nothing more nothing less, fits in a small fist sized bag.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yes, but those 5 items are used by both sexes. I could live with those as well, except I make my own soap. I just meant the woman items, you know, 10 different hair curlers, 14 different mascara's, 100 lipsticks. LOL I prefer the rubber duckies over those items.
Thank god I'm a tomboy, for the most part.
edit on 29-10-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My ex and I had a similar discussion once. (just once)

She complained that I drank to much beer on the weekends and that it costs to much money.

So I pulled out the weeks receipts and started to tally everything up.

60 dollars for her makeup vs. 20 dollars for my beer.

"But I need that to make myself look good for you!" was her defense.

"What do you think the beer is for?" was my reply.

And now you know why she is my ex.

edit on 29-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
every chick's shower i have used over the years, contains at least 5 different conditioners, 2 different face washes, 1 body wash, and no shampoo that i can find at all for some reason.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

benrl
Heres an example, when I moved with my wife to Portland.

My box count: 4, this included all my electronics, video games, clothing, everything I needed to move 1200 miles.

Wifes box count: Filled up half a damn moving van with her stuff, including 4 boxes labeled "bathroom".

Ive told her next time we are going for equality and she will get the same number of boxes as me, her response.

"Wouldn't all those extra empty boxes be wasteful for you?"

Indeed

When Mrs C moved over from South Africa we had agreed she would be ruthless about what she brings.

When the truck turned up at work (I'd arranged a small amount of space to store it), I jumped on the forklift and asked which crate was hers, I was all smiles and happy that she could finally start to make my apartment our home.

Then I heard the words that chill the very soul

They're all mine babes.

Oh how we laughed

Cody

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

cody599

Indeed

When Mrs C moved over from South Africa we had agreed she would be ruthless about what she brings.

When the truck turned up at work (I'd arranged a small amount of space to store it), I jumped on the forklift and asked which crate was hers, I was all smiles and happy that she could finally start to make my apartment our home.

Then I heard the words that chill the very soul

They're all mine babes.

Oh how we laughed

Cody

Lol,

Same here, We agreed we would be ruthless with our packing, only absolutely needed items as moving that far cost...

Filled up the van, only to find still more boxes that hadn't been packed, had to load up my truck as well, and the car we where towing with her crap.

1 month into the new home I hear this.

"I don't have enough space, maybe I should minimize my stuff?"

ETA: The best part of all this my wife claims to be a "Minimalist" She reads blogs about it, and wants to live in a tiny house... Every time shes says that I respond with. ..

edit on 29-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Being someone of the female persuasion...
this jumped out at me big time!!!

the current Mrs C

Whaaaat???
Be nice to me or I'll tell....
Bwahahahaha......
JK

And what do guys say?
"Hon, I'm all out of ____!
Do we have any more?"
And of course WE do!!!

Because women are 'nesters' & like to be prepared for anything!
Ha, ha, ha!!!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hiya Cody ,

I must be the rare exception then , because right now in our bathroom you would find:

2 toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner.

But I guess I have to admit that our bathroom sink is too small ,so nothing else would really fit.

I keep all my other 50+ important things on the night dresser, where my husband has a tiny corner for his deodorant and cologne.

Ok, I think it is a boy thing after all.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I just burst out laughing, thank you.

In fairness to my adoring wife that obviously read this whilst I bathed away a hard day's work, I missed a few items.

I forgot my speakers so +7

My scale model F1 car +1

My music festival hat +1

Sunglasses +3

A present from another member on ATS +1

and these, my cuddly toys that sit on my pillow

and the ATS coffee table base I made

I fear I may be in losing battle

Cody

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That is one of my favourite films

Cody

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Oh, i may surpass that.. it's a "Lady-Boy" thing

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

wasobservingquietly
Being someone of the female persuasion...
this jumped out at me big time!!!

the current Mrs C

Whaaaat???
Be nice to me or I'll tell....
Bwahahahaha......
JK

And what do guys say?
"Hon, I'm all out of ____!
Do we have any more?"
And of course WE do!!!

Because women are 'nesters' & like to be prepared for anything!
Ha, ha, ha!!!
WOQ

It's a joke we share

Mrs C tamed a wild kind of guy, she knows that.

Cody is a sweetheart that I wouldn't swap for all the riches in the world, and he's going to be so annoyed with me for jumping in here.

But the smile he tries to hide on his face when he reads it is priceless.

Mrs C

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
Oh, i may surpass that.. it's a "Lady-Boy" thing

Darth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you gurl ?

Cody

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Mmmm....well I have toothpaste, mouthwash, shower gel & sponge, shampoo, conditioner, body lotions and cherry body butter, make-up, deoderant, soaps that smell fruity, moisturisers, candles, cuddly frog, and hand creams !!

But I'm worth it....lol

Oh forgot perfumes, though only a few in the bathroom.
Need a patchouli smelling one next....santa get on the case

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
All I need is my off-brand Preparation H and I be good.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Maybe you should offer to trade her one of her bathroom goodies for one of your tools, and then pitch them both out.

Hey, just trying to help. No, don't thank me.

top topics

join