It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally a law that I actually like!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

Too true. They've got to justify all the money the state police just spent on new SUV's to make it easier to see down into peoples cars.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

SovereignEve
reply to post by boncho

If you are swerving continuously then I'm afraid, yes, they will in fact pull you over because why would someone be driving like that IF sober? (if they are looking at their phone, then that is also dangerous)

I have not seen such a check point where I reside. I live in one of the most populated cities in the world as well.

~Sovereign

Do you live in one of these eleven states? (Because they are the only ones prohibiting sobriety checkpoints…)

Eleven states currently prohibit suspicionless checkpoints within their boundaries. These states appear in green to the right & include:

Alaska
Idaho
Iowa
Michigan
Minnesota
Oregon
Rhode Island
Texas
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming
It's well past time Arizona was added to the list of state's recognizing the individual right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures.

www.checkpointusa.org...

In any case, if someone is swerving then it is absolutely for sure, without a doubt, reasonable to stop the car and investigate. And whether it's a phone or drunkeness then sure, action stands as logical step.

On the other hand, handing out fines & tickets, and searching people at checkpoints is an entirely different story, innit?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I am always amazed at how, if the politicians claim "It is for your own good" the lemmings nod their heads.

No one ever sees it as creeping totalitarianism.

What next, you get fined if you are over weight and are caught trying to buy "junk food" ?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

I'm sure the person in that car felt pretty bad about texting while driving. Of all things this one is for sure a bad idea (texting while actively driving). At a stop light - if all had the ability to use those moments to change a song or send a quick, "on way" without holding up traffic or getting carried away this probably wouldn't need to be a law. I had a friend who would put on eyeliner, mascara, - basically all of her makeup on the interstate. I'm able to do quite a bit but not that.

I've heard bluetooths are dangerous as well. Not sure why. I think of truckers who use CB's when I think of those. How many truckers have caused wrecks due to talking on these? Maybe a few but not enough to outlaw them. Does anyone remember those big bulky maps - glancing at it while driving? Multitasking isn't a negative - can even keep you awake and break up the monotony if driving long distances. If only everyone could use good judgement.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by boncho

I am always amazed at how, if the politicians claim "It is for your own good" the lemmings nod their heads.

What next, you get fined if you are over weight and are caught trying to buy "junk food" ?

Rubbish.

If your obese and buy moee junk food all your hurting is yourself and thats ur right.

If you drink and drive or text and drive you could very well hurt someone else,

Indivial freedom should stop when it endangers the life of severly infringes the freedom of another otherwise you may as well have no laws and be done with it,

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

crazyewok

crimvelvet
reply to post by boncho

Rubbish.

If your obese and buy moee junk food all your hurting is yourself and thats ur right.

If you drink and drive or text and drive you could very well hurt someone else,

Indivial freedom should stop when it endangers the life of severly infringes the freedom of another otherwise you may as well have no laws and be done with it,

Believe it, I know some people who would argue that letting drug addicts kill themselves off with side effects in a drug-legal state is worst and more cruel than letting drug cartels cull innocents by the thousands on municipal borders.

Sad state of affairs when people don't know what choice is any longer.
edit on 29-10-2013 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join