It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5000 jack o' lanterns displayed at Zoo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here in Rhode Island we have a yearly Jack o' lantern spectacular at a local zoo. They have some of the most intricately carved pumpkins that will blow your mind. Some may be of famous people, monsters, dragons, etc.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone like lit pumpkins? These are extraordinary and so finely detailed. The workmanship is superb. I saw these at the Zoo one year and it was just amazing. The lines to get in were so long they snaked around and around. They even had costumed characters come around the lines to keep us entertained while we waited.

Imagine thousands of jack o'lanterns all lit up. Even lights strung through trees. Spooky and enchanting at the same time!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Any members ever been to see this at the Roger Williams Zoo??? I know we have members from Rhode Island and surrounding States.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wow, some awesome designs there. I love Halloween. It's probably my favorite time of year now.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yay a reply! LOL I love Halloween too. I usually like to take in some kind of paranormal lecture or something. One year I got to do a dinner/investigation at a historical restaurant/Inn. We had a lovely dinner with wine, a lecture about the history of the place and also about it's ghosts. Then we could use one of the investigation tools like temp reading or whatever and tour the place with a real investigator. Fun!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Wow! I absolutely love the Cheshire Cat and the dragon, but those portraits are incredible! I wonder how high the pile of pumpkins that got messed up is, and how many man hours all of those took? Thank you for sharing Night Star!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Wow around 1200 hours I believe it was said in this vid!!!!

They get around one hundred thousand visitors! Quite the thing to experience!
edit on 30-10-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Wow

They are amazing,

we don't do Halloween in a big way over here like you guys do.

But I wish we did, any excuse for a party

Thanks for posting Night Star

S&F

Cody

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks for stopping by my friend. Halloween is huge here in the States

Night clubs will have costume parties, some people even do up their own spooky houses for the public and donate money to food pantries. Lot of haunted houses and fields that people can tour, lots of fun for all.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I've seen on TV and you tube

It looks amazing, but here we just get mangy brats with expectations of Rothschild proportions and an evil look in their eyes.

I just turn off the lights and keep the TV on low volume

Cody

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

cody599

I've seen on TV and you tube

It looks amazing, but here we just get mangy brats with expectations of Rothschild proportions and an evil look in their eyes.

I just turn off the lights and keep the TV on low volume

Cody

LOL We don't bother giving out candy here because on the first floor is my neice and her son Cody (yes, his name is Cody) And her boyfriend who take Cody out and arn't home for some time. On the second floor is my 90 year old Mom who can't be jumping up and down everytime someone knocks on the door. And on the third floor me and hubby just sit around in the dark watching spooky movies all night. LOL We don't get many kids around here anywhere so hardly worth the effort.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It is amazing what folks can do!! I remember when you just put some eyes and a mouth on a pumpkin.

Watch at your own peril... eek!

And here's one that I did. Not nearly as awesome as the others, but it was still fun!

edit on 10/31/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/31/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

So let me get this straight

Tonight your niece is going to knock on my door, not ask for candy, and take me out.

We won't be home for long time

I'm starting to like Halloween

Cody

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Oh I love your deer pumpkin!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thank you!
My husband loves anything and everything John Deere, so I figured I would give him a pumpkin one since I couldn't afford the real thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

cody599

So let me get this straight

Tonight your niece is going to knock on my door, not ask for candy, and take me out.

We won't be home for long time

I'm starting to like Halloween

Cody

Hahahaha! No, I'm afraid her Cody is only 5 years old. You could always come over to my house with the Mrs. and watch spooky movies. We can order out and get some wine or something.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Bugger and I was getting all excited

I act like I'm 5 years old if that counts

Cody

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

So do I, maybe that's why he loves his great Auntie so much.

Always good to nurture the child within.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join