It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forwarded to the wrong page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I figured you guys were working on this, but maybe not. Whenever you submit a post, you're forwarded to the wrong page. For instance, I just replied to an 8 page thread, and it then forwarded me to page 6. This seems to happen in all multipage threads.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've seen this too, but not always...weird...and just started yesterday....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yep same as, lol

Thought it was just me

Sure its just a glitch,

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Same here. I think Damned is refering to my thread. It does the same thing to me as well

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I've seen this too, but not always...weird...and just started yesterday....

I noticed too except that it started when the new software to switch between low and relgular bandwidth modes was installed.

When the board switches from one mode to the other thats when this seems to happen. I think it has something to do with wether or not signatures are included.

i.e. when signatures are included the page count is longer and when there are no signatures the page lenght is shorter? Does that make any sense?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's been doing it awhile for me, on several different threads. I assumed it had something to do with the bandwidth mode too, but not so sure now.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Low bandwidth pages pull up less information including less posts. When we're in the low mode a thread might be 8 pages, and when we go back to high the same thread will drop to only 6 pages (for example) though all the posts will be there.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Isn't there a way to make it forwared you to the last post? That would solve that problem, wouldn't it? That's how most boards work, I think.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damned
Isn't there a way to make it forwared you to the last post? That would solve that problem, wouldn't it? That's how most boards work, I think.

use myats. the threads under the various heading as well as your subscribed threads have a double arrow (�) that, when clicked, takes you to the final page.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Subscribed threads don't have the last page option.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Those little red symbols. Just click on them and it takes you to the last post of the thread.

[edit on 11-17-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I don't know what that picture is from, but my subscriptions page looks nothing like that. There's nothing that will take you to the thread except clicking the thread title, and that takes you to page 1.

[edit] Oh, I see. It's on the MyATS page. I've never used that one.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Damned]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i have the same problem...

i posted the problem in this forum and SO moved it to the complaints forum where only mods can access it...

my guess is he is working on it now ( problably not though
)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was just about to complain about this . .

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's still doing it, on every thread with multiple pages.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Damned]

new topics

top topics

join