It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO feed turns pig stomachs to mush! Shocking photos reveal severe damage caused by GM soy and corn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
More proof if proof is needed of the dangerous nature of GMO crops.

This research shows what happens when you feed pigs GMO foods.

Remember GMO foods are also designed to produce various weedkiller or weed resistant which go into YOU when you eat them.

If GMO foods are mixed with non GMO foods the effects will be less and will need more time to show up and cause various non specific illnesses as everyone is different and everyone's body reacts differently.

This of course suits the evil companies making GMO foods as nobody can point fingers at them because the whole effect is gradual and occurs over time.Look at the pictures:-

" If you have stomach problems or gastrointestinal problems, a new study led by Dr. Judy Carman may help explain why: pigs fed a diet of genetically engineered soy and corn showed a 267% increase in severe stomach inflammation compared to those fed non-GMO diets. In males, the difference was even more pronounced: a 400% increase. (For the record, most autistic children are males, and nearly all of them have severe intestinal inflammation.)

www.naturalnews.com...

The study was conducted on 168 young pigs on an authentic farm environment and was carried out over a 23-week period by eight researchers across Australia and the USA. The lead researcher, Dr. Judy Carman, is from the Institute of Health and Environmental Research in Kensington Park, Australia. The study has now been published in the Journal of Organic Systems, a peer-reviewed science journal.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

[call to action removed]
edit on 29-10-2013 by beckybecky because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Oct 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post. use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

I suggest you read the " results " more carefully

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

That's hardly news.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too bad that study is so deeply flawed.
Animals fed different diets showed different characteristics. Not too surprising really. Were the differences due to the GMO component? No way to tell from the way the experiment was conducted. Apparently there was no actual analysis of the diets. Just an assumption on the part of the experimenters:

there should be no phenotypical variation between the GM and non-GM varieties used in this study that could influence the outcomes measured in this study.

An odd statement since there are a number of factors other than genetics involved in phenotypical characteristics in crops. For example, it is known that hormone levels in soybean crops can vary (unrelated to the GMO factor).

Soy research is complicated because there’s considerable variation in isoflavone exposure among people classified as soy consumers. Agronomic factors (such as the soybean cultivar and the environmental conditions under which the crop grew) affect a food’s isoflavone profile, as does the way a soy food is processed.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Interesting too:
5.4% of the the non-GM fed animals had no stomach inflammation vs. 11.1% for the GM fed animals

15.1% of the non-GM animals had heart abnormalities vs 6.9% for the GM fed animals.
gmojudycarman.org...

Maybe the GM feed is healthier. No way to tell though because it was a really bad experiment.

Remember GMO foods are also designed to produce various weedkiller or weed resistant which go into YOU when you eat them.
No. GMO foods do not produce weedkiller nor are they "weed resistant".

edit on 10/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

beckybecky
GMO crops.
GMO foods.
GMO foods
Remember GMO foods are also designed to produce various weedkiller

Given how many years that GMO technology has been around, and given that it is a topic that is often discussed, its a real puzzle that the anti-GMO crowd seem to know absolutely NOTHING about the topic.

Lumping them all into the one basket.
Because they're all the same, right? All GMO technology behaves in the exactly the same way? All GMO technology has the same level of harm? All GMO technology is damned based on a study of a single one of them? All GMO technology is exactly the same as ever other part of GMO technology??

And the "weedkiller" claim??!?!?
Seriously, where does this pig ignorance come from?

www.naturalnews.com...
Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Naturalnews.
Of course.

edit on 29-10-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

I suggest you read the " results " more carefully

so YOU know more then the people who did the study.

GMO crops produce insecticide.In fact that is one the selling points of GMO crops.

That insecticide goes inside you.

Do you want to ingest insecticide?

Please you feel free to ingest insecticide.

but WE don't want to. OK?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You know you've hit a point when they all just glob on calling this "rubish".

Just let them go on - when they think they've "won the argument" they'll go away - until enough people post and it looks like they're losing.

The hog industry has taken a beating in Iowa due to GMO feed -

Let's see what else they will say......

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Concerning the GMO crops produce weedkiller.
No.
Monsanto produces round-up ready crops. This means they are designed to be unaffected by the weedkiller that the farmer needs to apply.

Monsanto's business practices aside, non of the products produce weedkiller on their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Happy1

You know you've hit a point when they all just glob on calling this "rubish".

Just let them go on - when they think they've "won the argument" they'll go away - until enough people post and it looks like they're losing.

The hog industry has taken a beating in Iowa due to GMO feed -

Let's see what else they will say......

Yes they are supporters of big companies and actually believe the PR they are brainwashed with.

What's different about GM corn?

It produces a deadly insecticide grown right into every kernel.That is what they proudly advertise.
They claim it will reduce the use of insecticides.

The insecticide, of course, is what kills insects that try to eat the crop. And how does it kill those insects? It fatally damages their digestive systems. That same insecticide stays inside the corn even as the crop is turned into animal feed... or corn chip snacks... or flaked corn breakfast cereal.

The stomach inflammation study suddenly provides yet more credible evidence that GMOs are unfit for human consumption and may be causing severe damage to the digestive systems of both humans and mammals.

The GMO industry and all its paid online trolls, on-the-take "scientists" and multi-million dollar P.R. machine will try to viciously attack these studies from every angle.

They absolutely hate real science when that science calls into question their poisonous, deadly seeds and genetic pollution.

Remember if Big Pharma can spent $2 674 746 491 on Lobbying from 1998 to 2013.
That is enough money to give 6 million dollars to each congress member of which there are 435.

Now with that kind of money they can buy anybody and anything.They already have the mainstream media in their pocket controlled through the simple threat of withdrawing multimillion dollar advertising revenue.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What if this is all an inception type conspiracy where the GMO crops will
actually save the world but they have us all so convinced it isnt true that
we will fight it tooth and nail without ever realizing our mistake?

What if GMO crops are safe and produce more for far less money and
are simply being demonized for that reason, they will lower global
food costs.

While i have no clue myself if any of either sides arguments are true
yet, i do wonder what exactly is going on with GMO food stuffs.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It took me around 5 seconds to find this rebuttal to the study cited.
www.biotech-now.org...#

The fact that Judy has answered some of these rebuttals on her own personal webpage rather than via the normal routes sets off alarm bells to me.
The fact her website is call GMOJudycarman also sets off alarm bells.
The fact she actually calls herself GMO Judy has the alarm bells falling off the walls!

She has declared no conflict of interest but the study was funded by Verity Farms which promotes organic farming.....
"Acknowledgments
This research was funded by the Institute of Health and Environmental Research (IHER) and Verity
Farms. Funding for IHER's involvement came from the Government of Western Australia (WA) and
George Kailis. Funding for Verity Farm's involvement came from Verity Farms."

She has also cited the "Institute of Health and Environmental Research (IHER)" in Australia as being a contributor to the study. She's a director of it (although it seems quite shady as there is no mention of this institute in any of the Australian universities nor any American universites. In fact other than the odd Youtube vid it's quite hard to actually find out anything about it at all).
So if she's being funded by an institute which she is a director of, how on earth can she declare no conflict of interests?

The last line from the snippet above mentions George Kailis.
He founded Kailis Organic which is a huge Australian organic olive producer (which coincidentally went into administration last year www.mcgrathnicol.com...).
My alarms bells have destroyed themselves now.

The whole set-up is biased in the extreme and this GMO Judy seems very odd indeed.
Reminiscent of a quack if you will.

Don't get me wrong, I think what Monsanto are doing from a corporate perspective borders on the illegal and anything which knocks them down a peg or two is welcome in my book.
However, studies like this where the conclusion is already reached prior to commencement of them really isn't the way to do it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

bloodreviara
What if this is all an inception type conspiracy where the GMO crops will
actually save the world but they have us all so convinced it isnt true that
we will fight it tooth and nail without ever realizing our mistake?

What if GMO crops are safe and produce more for far less money and
are simply being demonized for that reason, they will lower global
food costs.

While i have no clue myself if any of either sides arguments are true
yet, i do wonder what exactly is going on with GMO food stuffs.

No its not. And now in Italy, they have brought back bees by planting Non GMO crops. Isn't that swell!!! Bees bounced back in one year with real crops.

As for the pesticide. These folk are LYING OUTRIGHT. They are putting agent organge deriviative or related pesticide directly into the seeds DNA and its very very toxic.

According to Canadian scientist, the nutritional value of the food, the stuff that the evil asshat darth vader group destroyign the world for profit, KNOWS human bodies need, so they've reduced the real building blocks of our life. LOGAN'S RUN.

The PRO group can move to somehwere they can spoon feed their entire families this, but force down our throats. I wish I had weapons to ensure NOT because they're evil and need to be stopped and imprisoned, which is where there souls will go.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You have 2 types of people who support GMO: MONSTERS who hate humans being alive and living to retirement age. And those who think its A OK to use humans and all of nature in giant experiments.

Both kinds are a danger to my life and my childrens life and we need to stop them.

I've read study after study. And between GMO and Fukushima, a collapsed system and requiring major surgery and mesh, and a swollen liver, a lot of asshat evil darth vaders are going to be judged by me in the end. I'll be seeing the counseling they need for their many lifetimes.

This has to be STOPPED ASAP, some countries are doing something about. They have bees coming back too, nature bounced back! Imagine that!
edit on 29-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No its not. And now in Italy, they have brought back bees by planting Non GMO crops. Isn't that swell!!! Bees bounced back in one year with real crops.
Italy never allowed the planting of GM crops.

They are putting agent organge deriviative or related pesticide directly into the seeds DNA
No.

You have 2 types of people who support GMO: MONSTERS who hate humans being alive and living to retirement age. And those who think its A OK to use humans and all of nature in giant experiments.
There is at least one other "type". Those who have no reason to think there is something inherently wrong with GM crops and wonders why the anti-GM crowd has to perpetrate so many lies in order to try to make their point.

This has to be STOPPED ASAP, some countries are doing something about. They have bees coming back too, nature bounced back! Imagine that!
Italy never allowed the planting of GM crops so apparently it wasn't GM crops which was killing their bees.

edit on 10/29/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Pardon?

www.biotech-now.org...#

The fact that Judy has answered some of these rebuttals on her own personal webpage rather than via the normal routes sets off alarm bells to me.
The fact she actually calls herself GMO Judy has the alarm bells falling off the walls!

She has declared no conflict of interest but the study was funded by Verity Farms which promotes organic farming.....

She has also cited the "Institute of Health and Environmental Research (IHER)" in Australia as being a

Excuse me but big pharma and the biotech industry routinely produce "research" saying how wonderful their products are.Right?

With conflict of interest.Right?

So whats wrong if someone produces research that does not agree?

And who funds that website bio tech website and who funds those doctors who rubbished everything.

who they working for?which lab?

which organization.where does there funding come from?

AND GET THIS EVERYONE ON THAT WEBSITE www.biotech-now.org...#

"Jim Greenwood, BIO President and CEO, is a leader in shaping public policy critical to the success of the biotechnology industry. More ..."

THIS WEBSITE IS ACTUALLY A PROMOTION TOOL FOR THE BIO TECH INDUSTRY.NO DOUBT THEY ALL HAVE VESTED INTERESTS IN DISMISSING THE STUDY.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

beckybecky

Pardon?

www.biotech-now.org...#

She has also cited the "Institute of Health and Environmental Research (IHER)" in Australia as being a

Excuse me but big pharma and the biotech industry routinely produce "research" saying how wonderful their products are.Right?

With conflict of interest.Right?

So whats wrong if someone produces research that does not agree?

And who funds that website bio tech website and who funds those doctors who rubbished everything.

who they working for?which lab?

which organization.where does there funding come from?

AND GET THIS EVERYONE ON THAT WEBSITE www.biotech-now.org...#

"Jim Greenwood, BIO President and CEO, is a leader in shaping public policy critical to the success of the biotechnology industry. More ..."

THIS WEBSITE IS ACTUALLY A PROMOTION TOOL FOR THE BIO TECH INDUSTRY.NO DOUBT THEY ALL HAVE VESTED INTERESTS IN DISMISSING THE STUDY.

Ah right, I get you.
Since this study isn't backed by the evil biotech companies then regardless that it's completely dishonest and loaded then it has to be right?
Is that correct?
The website is just collating various rebuttals from around the internet, it's not actually doing the debunking at all.

You can fudge any study you want but you can't fudge the actual science and judging by the science alone I'd say it's wrong.
Doesn't matter who's on the payroll, if the science is bad, the science is bad (and vice versa).
Given that she's incredibly biased and more than likely had her conclusion written prior to even commencing the study only cements it.

If they wish to be taken seriously then they need to produce a robust scientific study which can be verified and reproduced. Not some amateurish attempt at mud-slinging to try to prove a point.
Wouldn't you agree Profound, sorry, beckybecky?

Here's some more rebuttals of it, there's lots of them around as it's so easy to take apart.

www.forbes.com...
randomrationality.com...#/
scienceblogs.com...
gmopundit.blogspot.co.uk...
edit on 29/10/13 by Pardon? because: Added links

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Pardon?

beckybecky

Pardon?

www.biotech-now.org...#

www.forbes.com...
randomrationality.com...#/
scienceblogs.com...
gmopundit.blogspot.co.uk...
edit on 29/10/13 by Pardon? because: Added links

But these sites are sponsored by the biotech industry of course thy are pro biotech.i could make you anti biotech by slipping you a few dollars.

in any case genetically engineered organisms are created by taking one or more genes from one species and forcing it into the DNA of another species. Such genetic cross-breeding between incompatible species can never occur in nature
gmo foods trigger immune attack because your body recognizes them as foreign invaders rather than food; this immune response can lead to chronic inflammation, raising your risk for multiple additional health problems
The two main types of GE foods are herbicide-tolerant crops and pesticide-producing crops; both are imprecise processes that are riddled with unexpected consequences and this explains the inflammation in the pig stomachs.

Inflammation is a major cause of disease as recent research proves but of course your head is far up big pharma and bio techs b............. that you have......

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

beckybecky

new topics

top topics

join