It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: CARE Worker Margaret Hassan Executed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just when you thought this human excrement couldn't stoop any lower
than they already have

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You're wrong.

Wrong about what? US forces molesting and murdering Iraqi people, and raping small children?

When we catch our own committing such acts, they are no better than the terrorists.

The difference is, we actually PROSECUTE them, and make them accountable for their actions when this occurs.

They CELEBRATE their actions to the world.

THAT is the difference here. Evil humans can be on both sides of a conflict. It's how that side reacts to such evil, that determines which has the moral high ground. I would fully expect that any such US personnel guilty of the acts you cited, to be fully prosecuted to the extent of the law for such actions.

A bit naive, don't you think? So, the US publically condemns it's soliders ugly acts and "prosecutes" some of them(geez, I wonder where they are now, last time I heard they were recieved as heros at home) after being exposed by a third party, and that somehow nullifies US roles in the acts?

How can you even possibly suggest the US has a the high moral ground, after reading about US soliders raping small Iraqi children? Or knowing that this entire war is an illegal occupation of a sovereign nation? On the contrary, the greater evil is with the coalition forces.

The US's administration in the abuses has been exposed, and it has been revealed that it was state-sponsored. The troops were following orders. Gazrok, I thought you would have been the last person to buy into the government propaganda. Have you forgotten the last gulf war, and how the government later admitted to feeding people false propaganda. Have you forgotten, or did you not even know?

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Indigo, did you post links to the "US forces raping small Iraqi children" story? Please post them again if you did, I don't feel like going through the last 5 pages of "EVIL DISPICABLE OMG HORRIBLE INHUMAN" and "ITS BUSH'S FAULT" posts that I've missed since yesterday.

Zip

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Indigo, did you post links to the "US forces raping small Iraqi children" story?

Zip

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Indigo child...you make it sound like all soldiers are doing this... When in fact those who have done this have been prosecuted.... You can't deny that in any of the armed forces in the world you can find some soldiers like those American soldiers who did that, because it does happen....

Not all of our soldiers act like this...this is the exception to the rule.

The difference is that whoever does this in our armed forces are dealt with and given sentences according to the crimes they commit... You have to be inhuman to do something like that, even to terrorists/insurgents.

But insurgents do this and worse, and they are praised by all radicals...even their own governments seldom, if they do anything at all, prosecute these people knowing what they have done.....

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Indigo Child, these abuses are reprehensible and horrific, of that there can be no doubt. To quote the article:

"So far, seven MPs have been charged with brutalizing detainees at the prison, and one pleaded guilty Wednesday".

These people are being held accountable for their actions. I can tell you that most of the soldiers over there would never, never condone such atrocities. And it sickens me to think that one of those soldiers used the name "Jesus" in connection with these actions. It is certainly not an example of "What would Jesus do". Do you think that al zarqawi will capture and hold the scum that murdered that poor woman responsible? I don't think so.

The U.S. doesn't want to occupy Iraq indefinitely. They want to restore calm in peace in the region so that elections can be held, and then get F*#! out of there!!

[edit on 17-11-2004 by magickalworld]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I mostly agree, and would like to add that you shouldn't say the the army is "RAPING CHILDREN," you should use a phrase like, "one individual is accused as having been involved in the alleged sexual abuse of a possible teenager."

Zip

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
I mostly agree, and would like to add that you shouldn't say the the army is "RAPING CHILDREN," you should use a phrase like, "one individual is accused as having been involved in the alleged sexual abuse of a possible teenager."

Zip

They cant do thatr because "One man accused of rape and being held accountable" doesnt carry NEARLY the power of "Army raping babies all over Iraq". The same people crying "dont blame all Muslims" want to blame EVERY solider for the acts of a few

Can you tell me of a city of 100,000+ that doesnt have ONE rapist or child molester in it? We have over that amount of soliders in Iraq what would be the odds that NONE were "bad people"? Should you hold the ENTIRE city responsable for the acts of one or two people? In other words if the guy working a Pizza Hut in your town rapes or kills someone should the ENTIRE city go on trial? Were you all guilty?

As for the man in the Mosque being killed, if my brothers were being blown up by "surrendering" Insurgents I would not hesitate to shoot at ANY movement I thought threating.

Its easy to sit in the safety and comfort of your home and pass Judgement on the acts of scared children (most are under 24, which is still a child to me)

If you thought that the man on the floor was armed or carring bombs you would shoot first too. This isnt the movies where you shoot the gun out of peoples hands, you take out ANYTHING you see as a threat.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
UPDATE: Australian Prime Minister John Howard has confirmed that the body of Hassan has been found.

CANBERRA, Australia (Reuters) - A body found in the Iraqi city of Falluja appears to be that of kidnapped British aid worker Margaret Hassan, Australian Prime Minister John Howard said on Thursday. "The body found in Falluja appears to have been Margaret's and the video of the execution of a Western woman appears on all the available information to have been genuine," Howard told parliament Thursday.
Murder Confirmed

IBM

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
OK. This calls for a full force invasion of iraq now. No little occupation. Send the whole military in this time. These cowards are only making our resolve stronger and more willing. The world will forget these bastards soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well this is just the same old, same old it�s a CIA-DIA-Mossad hit, Task Force 121 Perfect timing or what.

Some punk caps an Iraqi prisoner and the world gets in an uproar over the another American War Crime

so what better way to defuse the heat, simple kill another innocent Margaret Hassan and blame it on the people who are fighting for there country.

Margaret Hassan execution: Anatomy of a CIA-DIA-Mossad Counterinsurgency operation?

[edit on 18/11/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
To interject some objectivity in this:

When a US troop or a number of troops commits an atrocity, it's the fault of the troop or those number of troops. When an Iraqi troop/Insurgent/Terrorist commits an atrocity, it's the fault of the organization or race to which they belong? Double standards? Yes, I think they are.

It's actually been exposed by several human rights groups, that kind of abuse is common in US prisons. It's also been exposed the the abuse campaign was systematically done from others from the state itself. When a dozens(hundreds?) of troops are involved in abusing, molesting and murdering people? Then it's suffice to say that it is institutional

You should also not forget more than 15,000 civilians have been killed by US forces in this campaign. That is defined as genocide. Yet, I am sure others, will define it as "collateral damage" As I noted in another thread a while ago, most people would rather condemn the government or certain individuals, than condemn their army, whom are equally as accountable, as they are carrying out their orders - they're an instrument of the government.

I talk to many people who do not support this war, but are only supporting it for their "heroes" in Iraq. You know what that is? Brainwashing; because either way, they are still supporting it.

Anyway I've had enough of this talking, I feel like I am sounding like an activist now, and I prefer not be labeled. I am also getting deeply sick at the things im reading here. It appears people do not want to find out the truth, or listen to the truth, which is easy for them, because for now, they have a comfortable life. Yet, as long as they sheepishly support this government in it's mass-murders and draconian policies, both domestically and internationally, in the end it will take it's toll on them. It will also be fully deserved.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
To interject some objectivity in this:

When a US troop or a number of troops commits an atrocity, it's the fault of the troop or those number of troops. When an Iraqi troop/Insurgent/Terrorist commits an atrocity, it's the fault of the organization or race to which they belong? Double standards? Yes, I think they are.

It's actually been exposed by several human rights groups, that kind of abuse is common in US prisons. It's also been exposed the the abuse campaign was systematically done from others from the state itself. When a dozens(hundreds?) of troops are involved in abusing, molesting and murdering people? Then it's suffice to say that it is institutional

You should also not forget more than 15,000 civilians have been killed by US forces in this campaign. That is defined as genocide. Yet, I am sure others, will define it as "collateral damage" As I noted in another thread a while ago, most people would rather condemn the government or certain individuals, than condemn their army, whom are equally as accountable, as they are carrying out their orders - they're an instrument of the government.

I talk to many people who do not support this war, but are only supporting it for their "heroes" in Iraq. You know what that is? Brainwashing; because either way, they are still supporting it.

Anyway I've had enough of this talking, I feel like I am sounding like an activist now, and I prefer not be labeled. I am also getting deeply sick at the things im reading here. It appears people do not want to find out the truth, or listen to the truth, which is easy for them, because for now, they have a comfortable life. Yet, as long as they sheepishly support this government in it's mass-murders and draconian policies, both domestically and internationally, in the end it will take it's toll on them. It will also be fully deserved.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

No, you are wrong.....The U.S. would not be trying to liberate the Iraqi people if we blamed them all for the acts of a few radicals....

And 15,000 civilians? Come on, where are all the bodies?? The U.S. isn't the only media in Iraq...If there were that many civilians killed, I'm sure every country in the world that is against the war would be showing it 24-7...

And you're also wrong about people supporting the war; I do NOT support the war in Iraq; I think it was a stupid idea to go there because of the mess it would become and all diplomacy options were not exhausted. I voted for John Kerry because I wanted someone in office that would have the sense to go into Iraq and stablize the situation more quickly so that there is less bloodshed on both sides. I think the way the entire situation has been handled from the beginning has been atrocious. But the fact is, the troops are there and I hope and pray that they and all innocent civilians all come home alive and safe and that they can stabilize the country so that it's people can live in peace.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

No, you are wrong.....The U.S. would not be trying to liberate the Iraqi people if we blamed them all for the acts of a few radicals....

You've actually shown I was right:

Whose words are you quoting when you say "US" is "liberating" the Iraqi people?

And 15,000 civilians? Come on, where are all the bodies?? The U.S. isn't the only media in Iraq...If there were that many civilians killed, I'm sure every country in the world that is against the war would be showing it 24-7...

Whose media are you relying upon, when you say it would be shown 24-7? And correction, western media is the only media reporting the Iraq war, the other media is AL-Jazeera, whom's Iraqs broadcasting station was bombed by the US.

And yes, 10,000 people have been reported to be killed, with many of others thousands still unofficial - this is from western sources.

In this report by health experts, considered "reliable" 100,000 Iraqi have died since the invasion:

www.guardian.co.uk...
www.iht.com...
www.cnn.com...

What did I say above? I said that the people who are not supporting the war, are supporting "our" troops, and therefore still supporting the war. Is that not what you just said:

think the way the entire situation has been handled from the beginning has been atrocious. But the fact is, the troops are there and I hope and pray that they and all innocent civilians all come home alive and safe and that they can stabilize the country so that it's people can live in peace.

Yes, some peace is being bought to Iraq, more than 100,000 Iraqi dead, 10-30,000 directly from war, and others are being molested, beaten in prisons.

And the only reason you support this war, because of your "troops" Whose word are you trusting, when you say they are "yours"

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join