It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire from water

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I almost never post here, let alone start threads, but I found this to be so incredible and ingenious that I had to share it...

A portable device that makes fire from water has been developed within a European research project. It doesn’t use flammable gases, it produces its own fuel as needed.

"...The water is split into hydrogen and oxygen gases and fed into a torch where a flame is produced, which can then be used for brazing or any other industrial application where flame is used. So it’s just using water to make a flame, basically.”

source

Researchers have developed a new means of producing flame using only water and a standard power supply. This new method produces a flame strong enough for welding and other industrial applications, soft enough to look at with the naked eye, and the torch tip stays cold to the touch...All with fuel that's readily-available and without any of the health effect or dangers associated with propane or acetylene...

The technology is being called Safeflame, and the official website can be found here, though the site is currently down due to exceeding its' bandwidth.

Also, I can't find a way to embed it, so be sure to check out the video at the source link. I can imagine near endless applications for this technology...

Links:
www.euronews.com...
front.kinja.com...
www.safeflameproject.eu...
edit on 10/29/2013 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/29/2013 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
And it's environmentally safe! I sure wish more products like that would be developed.
Wouldn't it be great to get ride of all the nuclear and coal power plants?
I'd better stop now, before I get on my soap box.
Good post! S&F
Ms.nugget

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

AdmireTheDistance
I almost never post here, let alone start threads, but I found this to be so incredible and ingenious

The technology is being called Safeflame
applications for this technology...

"This technology" is called electrolysis, commonly seen in high school science experiments, and has been known since the year 1800 for splitting water.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

nugget1
Wouldn't it be great to get ride of all the nuclear and coal power plants?

If you get rid of all the power plants, what will you then use for the "standard power supply" that they use for splitting the hydrogen and oxygen from water in the first place?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AdmireTheDistance

Brown's gas! It's been around for quite a while now, and has some very interesting and unusual properties. I was at the Detroit Maker Faire, and there was a company selling out of the box machines. Also known as HHO, you can buy kits to improve gas mileage on cars and trucks as well. This stuff is finally being let out of the box! Check out EBay if you want to see more about it, or do some youtubing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

This is Really Old. Yes, you can split water into hydrogen and oxygen and make a flame..... but it uses electricity to do so, and this is only as ecologically safe and sound as the source the electricity comes from! A coal plant? A nuke plant? Splitting water into its two constituents is hardly news, nor is the use of it in producing a flame, capable of welding or other uses.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

your title caught my attention, I had thought it might be related to a story I read about years ago, heres a link to the closest article I could find published by nat geo...

Salt water can "burn" scientists confirm

it seems thatseven years ago the base mindset was

"That doesn't say much for its applicability or any possibility for the marketplace, though, at this point."

so questions come to mind, is the same scientific process? if so why are we only hearing about this seven years later...good find though!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The Book of Wisdom of Solomon
st-takla.org/pub_Deuterocanon/Deuterocanon-Apocrypha_El-Asfar_El-Kanoneya_El-Tanya__4-Wisdon-of-Solomon.html
st-takla.org...

Chapter 19 Verse 19
The fire had power in water above its own virtue, and the water forgot its quenching nature.

run your car on water. This guy does just that!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjeM2IBhtlc
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added verse and chapter to green text

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

alfa1

AdmireTheDistance
I almost never post here, let alone start threads, but I found this to be so incredible and ingenious

The technology is being called Safeflame
applications for this technology...

"This technology" is called electrolysis, commonly seen in high school science experiments, and has been known since the year 1800 for splitting water.

Just a quick note for anyone who wants to run right out and do this... DO NOT USE WATER WITH CHLORINE, THAT MEANS ANY TAP WATER FROM A CITY OR TOWN WHERE A MUNICIPAL SUPPLY IS USED !!! It will create chlorine gas and in a confined space, it will probably kill you.

Also, don't use spring water, the water under voltage will probably turn brown or some other nasty colour and it will foul your electrodes, electrolyte and your electrolysis cell.

If you want to try this, use distilled water and add an alkaline like sodium hydroxide. I found a tablespoon per liter of distilled water was plenty good to produce H2 + O (commonly known as Brown's Gas) using as little as 3vdc. It does depend however on your plate distance (cathode to anode separation).

Don't use different metals between the conductors and the electrodes if you can help it. I used stainless steel electrodes first and then plain copper electrodes, eventually I moved to acid etched copper electrodes (and then I tried one more type that I ain't talkin' bout ;-) . All your conductors should be the same metal otherwise the differences in resistance will create heating.

There are a lot of good youboob videos and instructions on the internet !

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
William Nicholson and Anthony Carlisle are laughing at you right now. Laughing their asses off. Either that or rolling in their graves at the ignorance of it all.
edit on 29-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

st-takla.org/pub_Deuterocanon/Deuterocanon-Apocrypha_El-Asfar_El-Kanoneya_El-Tanya__4-Wisdon-of-Solomon.html
st-takla.org...

Chapter 19 Verse 19
The fire had power in water above its own virtue, and the water forgot its quenching nature.

He should apply to NASA, I wonder if he is creating more than 10,000 litres of gas/hour? Since they tried it with bottled h2 and a methanol reformer, and it was bunk, he must have figured out something they dinn right?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho

AbleEndangered

st-takla.org...

Chapter 19 Verse 19

He should apply to NASA, I wonder if he is creating more than 10,000 litres of gas/hour? Since they tried it with bottled h2 and a methanol reformer, and it was bunk, he must have figured out something they dinn right?

Boncho, do you know who the guy in the video is??

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by boncho

boncho

AbleEndangered

st-takla.org...

Chapter 19 Verse 19

Boncho, do you know who the guy in the video is??

Did you read the paper by NASA? I just gave you proof that hydrogen enrichment works. For those that are illiterate, I also gave you proof that it wouldn't work at any level some backyard "HHO" tinkerer is doing.

There have been many to perpetuate this scam, and before that it was a pill you put in your gas tank.

www.aardvark.co.nz...

If you are simply looking for someone to pat you on the back and tell you your YouTube heroes are right, it ain't me.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

bobs_uruncle

Just a quick note for anyone who wants to run right out and do this... DO NOT USE WATER WITH CHLORINE, THAT MEANS ANY TAP WATER FROM A CITY OR TOWN WHERE A MUNICIPAL SUPPLY IS USED !!! It will create chlorine gas and in a confined space, it will probably kill you.

Also, don't use spring water, the water under voltage will probably turn brown or some other nasty colour and it will foul your electrodes, electrolyte and your electrolysis cell.

That is very good advice. But let me add just one more little part to that as well. Also, do not use Sodium Chloride (Table Salt) as your catalyst either. When mixed with the water and with the current running, it too will create Chlorine Gas!! I actually found this out myself years ago when I first experimented with this, then later found out why my reaction looked so toxic compared to the others I had seen which used the correct method. But hey, live and learn right?!?!

edit on 29-10-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

About the first words out of Lazar's mouth are:

"You can't run a car on water".

Somebody has some kind of serious cognitive dysfunction to interpret that as meaning "run your car on water", don't you think?

edit on 29-10-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Hydrogen production always requires more energy than can be retrieved from the gas as a fuel later on.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is it more efficient to power a vehicle directly with the electricity?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There is problem using water as fuel for car. Water freezes at 0 Celsius, half of world gets minus degrees at some point. You know what happens when your tank is full and it freezes? Ice needs more space than water, that tank will explode. And you need high amounts of water, and heating system for it. Surely it works in warm countries, but never in -20 Celsius temperatures.

And how about traffic accidents? Hydrogen is highly reactive in presence of oxygen and extreme heat. Even small amount of hydrogen causes violent explosions. Not to mention what hydrogen and pure oxygen will do together.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This information has been buried for some time. Water is the perfect fuel. Its clean, can combust using simple techniques, and it produces oxygen as a byproduct. All cars on the roan could have been using this technology long ago. But big oil had other plans.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Water is the perfect fuel.

Not really as water is not even a fuel. The hydrogen is the fuel after it's separated from the oxygen. This requires electricity. If it's more efficient to use that electricity to directly power a vehicle why go to the additional cost of the hydrogen production and required components to WASTE electricity?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The op is talking about a new application of electrolysis called Safe flame. Lets not be off topic and talk down to the op as if he were a child about electrolysis. It's no wonder the op doesn't like to post here.

Op thanks for sharing, very interesting technology and could make welding safer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join