It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Report: Obama knew millions would lose their current insurance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

June 15, 2009: "We will keep this promise to the American people. If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period.” - Barack Obama

Oops.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Realtruth

How many lies does it take for people to actually wake up?

So long as the government continues its "everything is free" routine, people are going to look the other way. However, they choose to remain woefully ignorant of the fact that nothing is ever truly free. Someone, somewhere, is picking up the tab.

If you are the recipient of free phones, free health care, free education, free food etc would you have an overwhelming desire to call those very same politicians out for being corrupt?

In my opinion entitlement programs are nothing more than politicians buying votes and nothing more. What incentive do people have to work hard to improves ones self and community when one doesn't have to work for the basics to begin with?

We have a Government that ha no idea what the Constitution states while at the same time we have citizens who have no clue as to the purpose of government.

The American people have 2 options -
Take back the Government or resign themselves to the fact we are on the express train to being a 3rd world country with a stone age economy.

redoubt

June 15, 2009: "We will keep this promise to the American people. If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period.” - Barack Obama

Oops.

I will wager that when push comes to shove on Obamas quotes, they are going to spin it by stating they did not lie and that its the Doctors fault, not theirs, when it comes to who loses their doctor.

Obama and his band of merry morons have ethics that would raise eyebrows in the Court of Caligula.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Xcathdra

In my opinion entitlement programs are nothing more than politicians buying votes and nothing more. What incentive do people have to work hard to improves ones self and community when one doesn't have to work for the basics to begin with?

That is a huge problem here in Michigan, but also targets for people that want to scam the system too.

I have heard people bragging how they scam the system by getting all the entitlement program, and also working a cash business.

Some of these people make enough to buy a new car every year, yet they fleece as many government entitlements as they can.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

nugget1
I just read this on Natural News.
Who is obuba REALLY working for?
It sure isn't the good ol' USA!

Obamacare is named the "Affordable Care Act," after all, and the President promised the rates would be "as low as a phone bill." But I just received a confirmed letter from a friend in Texas showing a 539% rate increase on an existing policy that's been in good standing for years.
As the letter reveals (see below), the cost for this couple's policy under Humana is increasing from $212.10 per month to $1,356.60 per month. This is for a couple in good health whose combined income is less than $70K -- a middle-class family, in other words.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

No way I find that hard to believe. You mean in the new exchange their rate goes up by that much, no something's wrong it can't be..

ah, checked the article and indeed it's misleading

To clarify: this increased rate policy is not "under" Healthcare.gov, but the 539% rate increase is being caused because of Obamacare's new rules and requirements. If Obamacare hadn't become law, this couple could have continued spending $212 per month. Instead, they're now going to have to spend $1,356 per month or sign up for Obamacare and hope to get a better rate there (if the website even functions long enough to enroll).

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...##ixzz2j9blJ2me

Still so glad I'm Canadian!

Here's it's free or next to free, but our taxes are a little higher.

edit on 29-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

edit on 29-10-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join