It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women Pepper Sprayed, Monkey Stolen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Alright folks whatever you do don't take your monkey to Colorado. The results could be disasterous as this women found out.

Police seek monkey thief

Police are looking for a man who reportedly pepper-sprayed a woman this morning at a local motel, before fleeing with her pet monkey.

A Missouri woman apparently traveled to Grand Junction to sell her pet monkey and agreed to meet the buyer, a man, in the parking lot of La Quinta Inn, 2761 Crossroads Blvd., today, according to Grand Junction police.

During the meeting, however, the man sprayed her in the face with pepper spray, grabbed the pet carrier holding the monkey and ran away. The encounter happened in La Quinta parking lot around 6 a.m.

Have You Seen This Monkey?

The black cap Capuchin monkey.

Anyone with information on the incident or the suspect is asked to call 970-242-6707, or Crime Stoppers, 970-241-STOP.

OK Colorado ATSers, find that monkey!
edit on 162pm2626pm92013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Awww

Is s/he a spider?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well, I was going to ask why this woman met him in the parking lot of a restaurant by herself, but I think we know why...

The monkey at issue, a black cap Capuchin monkey, is illegal to possess in Colorado, police said.

Still. That doesn't excuse the guy who assaulted her. I won't be surprised though, if they fine her for being in possession of this monkey to start with.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Oh yeah as far as Colorado is concerned she was in possession of a hot monkey.

Guess they're not going to prosecute though.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Sorry, didnt read-

Tis a CAPUCHIN!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
She's peddling a primate?? Oh, I'm real sorry Colorado has become SO free thinking a state, they don't prosecute law breakers. It wouldn't bother me to see that woman never return to Missouri. Colorado has some fine Institutions I'm sure could make room for her.

I have a real soft spot for primates of all kinds...and a real hard spot for people that exploit or peddle them. They ARE NOT pets. grrr.... Get the guy, but she should be answering for a crime as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I own one but they are legal here and sold at the mall

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yeah, the Capuchin monkeys, they have been up to that racket for centuries. First, they conned humans in to playing the organ for them so that they could play on our emotions to part us from our loose change.

Now the scheme is, they get themselves sold on the black market at a high price to some wealthy socialite. Once they are in they enjoy the amenities for a week or two and then start acting like complete a**holes. Then when the socialite is fed up and ready to unload Mr. Happy Pants, another of the monkey's network of human cronies comes in with the pepper-spray and Bam! It's payday for monkey boy and his feeble minded servitors.

I find it hard to feel sorry for the victim, but one of these days we are going to have to put a stop to this monkey business.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

We'll agree to disagree here and I'll back off the thread. This is a very personal, very passionate issue to me about those not being pets of any form, in any way. So.. Probably best I just move on to other topics.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Best thread title I've seen.

Hopefully, that monkey rips off some faces and eats some hands.

Poor little monkey.

Oh yeah, too bad for the lady I guess.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Police are looking for a man who reportedly pepper-sprayed a woman this morning at a local motel, before fleeing with her pet monkey.

Damn,

...tough in the streets. (o_O' )

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This is almost like calling the police when someone took your $20 crack rock and ran before they gave you the $20. (Saw it on COPS. True story
) I feel bad the woman was assaulted, but participating in illegal activities kind of lends itself to that sort of thing one would think...
edit on 10/28/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I suspect this to be one of those animal rights crusader type actions.

It'd've been interesting were she selling a Puma, or a Tiger and man tried to make off with that.

crusader: Pssshhhtt! *pepper spraaaayyy!!!
crusader: "Come on tiger, I will make you freeeeee!"
Tiger: "mmm, lunch"
crusader: "wait! i'ma yer friennnnd *ouch!* *eeek* *splat* *crunch*
Tiger: "mmm, yummy. mmm, crunchy. Mommy can we go home now?"

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
We will not be caged FREEDOM!!!!!
Iam just glad it is illegal to have monkeys as pets in the UK, it isn't right. (even though I would love one)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

boymonkey74
We will not be caged FREEDOM!!!!!
Iam just glad it is illegal to have monkeys as pets in the UK, it isn't right. (even though I would love one)

You just want a free cat scrubber.. I know it !

new topics

top topics

join