It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn State: 26 People Get $59.7M over Sandusky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well finally Penn State is signing over millions to victims of Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky was convicted of multiple sex crimes and is in prison.

Sandusky is filing appeals on his case. Personally, I hope he lives a long time in prison. Hell is too good for his kind.

Penn State said Monday it is paying $59.7 million to 26 young men over claims of child sexual abuse at the hands of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.

The school said 23 deals are fully signed and three are agreements in principle, but it did not disclose the names of the recipients. The school faces six other claims, and the university says it believes some of those do not have merit while others may produce settlements.

University president Rodney Erickson issued a statement calling the announcement a step forward for victims and the school.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So the institution pays yet the people who allowed it to happen are held harmless. Sounds normal. I wonder if they will have to raise tuition to pay for future higher premiums.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

rickymouse
So the institution pays yet the people who allowed it to happen are held harmless. Sounds normal. I wonder if they will have to raise tuition to pay for future higher premiums.

Kind of like how Chase just settled 14B with the government...

Guess who won't be getting any of that money?

The victims.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

OrphanApology

rickymouse

Kind of like how Chase just settled 14B with the government...

Guess who won't be getting any of that money?

The victims.

Yup, the stockholders who had nothing to do with the event will foot the bill for the fine. What a great financial system we have developed....for the Execs of corporations.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Considering how much therapy costs...and after the lawyers take their cut...these men aren't really cashing in. Each person will probably get little more than $500, 000. Especially since they have to live with what happened every day and be expected to be normal functioning members of society.

new topics

top topics

join