It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Abortion Restrictions Declared Unconstitutional By Federal Judge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

that goes both ways.

don't want a child, don't do the dirty.

nobody said woman were slaves either.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

What about the life in a woman do they have those same rights?

Nope. That would be impossible. One has to trump the other.

reply to post by Nephalim

Not my fault people cant read.

What is that supposed to mean?

reply to post by bjax9er

well it's not a buick in there.

It's also not a person.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

bjax9er

You know that could be argued.

A state law in Illinois mandates that all bachelors should be called master, not mister, when addressed by their female counterparts.

That law is still on the books.

stupid laws

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by thesaneone

What about the life in a woman do they have those same rights?

Nope. That would be impossible. One has to trump the other.

Not my fault people cant read.

What is that supposed to mean?

reply to post by bjax9er

well it's not a buick in there.

It's also not a person.

It means exactly what I said.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Oh! So, you think the states should regulate sexuality and sexual expression now too!

In 1965 The Supreme Court, in a landmark case, Griswold v. Connecticut, ruled that the Connecticut law outlawing the use of contrapction was unconstitution, and for the first time in America a married woman could legally use birth control.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

yeah, thats what i said.

stop trying to put words in my mouth.

and the supreme court dismissed the two cases before that one, proving my point again that the supreme court makes mistakes, a lot.
your better off leaving the issue in the states.

man is not perfect, therefor mans institutions, are not perfect.

edit on 29-10-2013 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Good luck with that!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Make it so women can't get an abortion in a clinic, and they'll get an abortion elsewhere. We have really evolved as a species when a sixteen year old dies in a Wal-Mart bathroom from a coat hanger and her panic, all to save a small clump of cells someone else thinks is more important than her life... boy that'll teach her.

Definitely every woman should be forced to be the same religion against their will, and to obey those religious laws in ways that women and men (sex is not always voluntary for women) have been failing to do since, oh, the dawn of time or so. No matter! No excuse! Who needs hell when we can make them suffer or die horribly here?

As for religion, Jesus ate dinner with prostitutes who, just a guess, were clearly not obeying the laws of his religion, but apparently allegedly decent people of today would rather see the gruesome death of women if they're not going to obey the laws of some religion that in many (not all) cases is not even their own.

It is all reduced to the genuine evil of the doctrine of original sin that has polluted every religion and major philosophy on our planet, and rendered the body and its beauty and its natural inclinations into something vile to be ashamed of and denied and repressed and, should that not happen, to result in the worst of consequences.

There are a lot of laws related to childbirth that are quite injust to men as well. Just not quite so personally when it comes to the body as some things are with women.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

bjax9er don't want a child, don't do the dirty.

Why? This is like saying, if you don't want to be in a car accident, or if you don't want to visit the city to the east of you, don't get in a car on the highway. And worse, it's like supporting that we just avoid decent traffic structures and emergency services to make sure people suffer and die because they got in that damn car so they deserve their fate so there.

Just because someone chooses to drive doesn't necessarily mean they should be forced into a specific destination or event because of it. I see it the same way with sex. I suspect seeing it differently means that religion is involved, since it usually takes something like that to result in such mercenary lack of empathy for other people. I separate this from spirituality, which is an entirely different thing.

Personally, I believe generally in monogamy, in love first not sex, and I am in favor of doing anything that would reduce *the need for and call for* abortions, for several reasons. But "entrapment based on biology" is not at all the same as wanting there to be a considerate, sane effort made to improve elements in our culture that would reduce the quantity of that outcome.

Women HAVE been 'enslaved by unwanted pregnancy' since the dawn of time.

I don't care if buddha-whatever was running for governor or president, I would never, never, vote for anybody who campaigned against abortion or against the 2nd amendment. Period. Those are totally non-negotiable for me. Restricting freedoms in both areas have been used to enslave various sectors of humanity for eons. The latter, I believe should have few rulings besides the constitution and bill of rights. The former, I believe should have no rulings at all because as was pointed out earlier, our existing foundation has no place for rulings about that in either direction.

As a general fyi to readers, there is some research indicating that castor bean oil (which will give you miserable cramps for awhile with a tablespoon or two of it) has effectively worked for months as birth control (and is rumored to have purging effects) in some third world countries. I saw this long ago so I no longer have the reference, and of course you should never ingest anything because someone on the internet suggested it, but those with an interest may choose to search for research or folk medicine on the subject. Sometimes, even getting birth control, let alone abortion, is damn difficult for young teens who can't get out of the house without oversight.

Which reminds me that the number of women I've known well enough to talk with about it, who were molested before the age of 18 in various ways, is out of this world, and percentage wise is the majority. In my daughter's school, literally every school friend she had except one had been and often to the point of rape. Our culture is horribly degenerate it appears (not novel, but it does seem to be getting worse), and the last thing we need to add to that is young women having no options except panic and coat hangers. That's just horrid.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You men and women who support abortion should be ashamed of yourselves, but you have lost any sincere and thoughtful heart to revere and protect innocence with, by extension, our society. You are the spiritual reasons that our world is crumbling. Abortion will most likely continue slaughtering our children, only because those women whom prefer death over life, are week, fearful, and selfish people. I don't know what power you think that you claim over your tiny self when you abort a human, but you are in fact shattering yourself. Prolife ideals are not the reason that you loose your hair and grind your teeth in anger. It is your complete and perfect lack of empathy and compassion and peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Hallelujah bless the lord, is really a God in heaven and is protecting the pro choice people in the nation and women.

I am so happy that it was rule unconstitutional.

But I knew that it was going to happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

apydomis
You men and women who support abortion should be ashamed of yourselves, but you have lost any sincere and thoughtful heart to revere and protect innocence with, by extension, our society. You are the spiritual reasons that our world is crumbling. Abortion will most likely continue slaughtering our children, only because those women whom prefer death over life, are week, fearful, and selfish people. I don't know what power you think that you claim over your tiny self when you abort a human, but you are in fact shattering yourself. Prolife ideals are not the reason that you loose your hair and grind your teeth in anger. It is your complete and perfect lack of empathy and compassion and peace.

So... empathy and compassion for a person is irrelevant, but empathy and compassion for a clump of cells is paramount.

I actually am rabidly in favor of reducing abortions to only genuine emergency situations with rape, the mother's life, and so on, but I would not legally do so; the only feasible way to bring this about is by cultural support of making them generally considered unnecessary even by the people who truly don't care. That's never going to happen when the same sources that are anti-abortion are also anti-birth control and anti-education about it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

bjax9er
reply to post by OrphanApology

the "current constitution" is the same as the original constitutional.
and it IS "the law of the land"

my point is, under the constitution, the federal government has no power to decide anything having to do with abortion.
nor do they have the power to legislate anything to do with abortion, or healthcare in general.

Where are you seeing the federal government legislating on anything in the article? All I see is the Supreme Court striking down an unconstitutional law which they have the authority to do so.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

bjax9er

that goes both ways.

Ah rarely do we see so clearly the TRUE objection of the right to a woman's right to choose. The true reason? Enjoying SEX! If you have sex you must be punished either with a baby you have to raise or by law if you avoid it. I say get your god out of my body and mind your own damn business.

Btw I am totally against abortion but totally pro-choice
edit on Tue October 29th, 2013 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

I disagree. Contraception and birth control are civil rights that are protected by the US Constitution. States need to butt out of women's reproductive choices.

edit on 29-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by bjax9er

I disagree. Contraception and birth control are civil rights that are protected by the US Constitution. States need to butt out of women's reproductive choices.

edit on 29-10-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Where does it say in the constitution that the federal or state has to provide you with contraception or birth control?
edit on 29-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Now if we can just get a federal judge to rule that all gun control laws are unconstitutional. Also rule that citizens should that the "right to choose" when it comes to buying insurance.

Maybe if Texas wants to restrict abortions, framing it as a tax would be the way to go. It worked for Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The Constitution doesn't provide rights, it's identifies them and provides their protection. People tend to want to take away rights, and try to create laws that do so.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

windword

The Constitution doesn't provide rights, it's identifies them and provides their protection. People tend to want to take away rights, and try to create laws that do so.

Oh I agree, protect rights. I have the right to bare arms, it doesnt mean the federal government or state has to fed-ex me a 9. lol

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

VictorVonDoom
Now if we can just get a federal judge to rule that all gun control laws are unconstitutional. Also rule that citizens should that the "right to choose" when it comes to buying insurance.

Maybe if Texas wants to restrict abortions, framing it as a tax would be the way to go. It worked for Obamacare.

and I agree, they dont have to provide me with health insurance either. Might as well get that billion dollars back and repeal the tax penalty.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join