It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of predictions to the end of the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

—Jesus of Nazareth

“”I saw one, one time, that said, "The next week, the world is ending." And in the next week's paper, they said, "We were miraculously saved at the zero hour by a koala-fish mutant bird." Crazy #.

—Tabloid-reading customer in Clerks

There's always been good business predicting the end of the world. The "end" of the "world" is pretty badly defined by most supernatural predictions. The rapture, for instance, is really just the beginning of the end, and signals civilisation being sent back to the Stone Age for a bit while The Chosen are whisked up to heaven. Meanwhile, predictions of the end of the world in 2012 were wide-ranging, from a comet just tearing Earth in half (the rest of the universe spinning on as usual) to the complete and total end of everything ever. The latter is less scary because it's not like anything will be around afterwards to care.

In the case of some of the science-based predictions for how the universe will go on according to our knowledge of physics, there's no "end" as such. Matter and energy still exist, but in their lowest energy and most uniform state: the rub being that this state precludes the interactions needed to produce emergent structures. This includes stars, planets, and intelligent entities capable of experiencing the universe.

...This is from Rational Wiki and there is a list of past and future predictions which I think it`s of interesting Reading.

Predictions for the following years are as follows:

2014: World War III, resurrected Nostradamus prophecy of a fire in the North for the reference of the end of the age of the fifth sun,[38] believed to be a specific Northern region of a country, current speculation is North Korea, as relative to the resolution of a Pope prediction.[39]
Unspecified time during the reign of Pope Francis, the pope succeeding Benedict XVI. Mediaeval Saint Malachy supposedly predicted Peter the Roman (Petrus Romanus) would be the last pope, Rome would be destroyed and a terrible judge would judge his people, The end.[40] Doomsayers have already started shoehorning the new pope into the prediction.[41]
2018: Hal Lindsey: Second Coming.
2028: Fred Clark: A tongue-in-cheek offer guaranteeing 15 years of Bible-prophecy hucksterism for four easy payments of $39.99.[42]
2030: Approximate date of a mass extinction event predicted by Bob Geldof. Myles Allen, of Oxford University claims "Competing hyperbole" are unhelpful in understanding real climate change. [43]
2035: Asteroid.[44]
2036: More asteroids.[45]
2037: Hal Lindsey: Third Coming.
2038: Deteteoration of the fundamental older technology that still underlies the most crucial systems today.[46]
2040: Even more asteroids.[47]
2039: End of life, the universe and everything. Also known as the Ascension.

Ok, 2039 is the end of life, the universe and everything, but then comes more asteroids in 2040 and much more coming, lol

This prediction "business" sure is funny

You can read it all here: rationalwiki.org...

edit on 28-10-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Ahhh sweet doom. Wait.. there's no Nov 2013 event on the list? Can you maybe just edit another event in there? After the holiday if possible?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
When I first started lurking this site several years ago, I was scared out of my mind and ready to run for the hills. I thought for sure it was going to hit the fan any day, any week. If it wasn’t false flag terrorist attack, North Korea threats, or mega natural catastrophe, then surely it would be the global market meltdown. Does all this sound familiar? Yes, because it’s the same breaking news that’s surely to happen right now, right? Fact is, most of these have been “on the brink” for decades now. Just type in the word “imminent” or “inevitable” in the search for this site and you'll come across all kinds of conspiracies from several years past that never played out. Fear mongering is big dollars, and has been for a long time.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here's an even BIGGER list:

en.wikipedia.org...

And an even bigger list yet .. this one split into several pages grouped by period of time, going all the way back to 2800 BC

www.abhota.info...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I'm kind of wondering why Hal Lindsey didn't list the 2nd Departure if there is a 3rd Coming. Will there two Messiahs? Or is the 2nd the Devil and the 3rd Jesus? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It would seem that way, yet knowing if God Was to happen to come by and see what we are up too, or alien life just happened to do the same. We would be in trouble!

Basicly, inside each and everyone of us knows what we are doing, have been doing is wrong for the Whole. Some do try out there so I have to say Thank You. How much Life has to be lost until we see what we are doing to this Planet and the life on it?

Thats where the DOOM comes from. How I see it anyway.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The Predictions & Prophecies forum is one I struggle with here on ATS. Everything from the wide variety of what different people consider a prediction or prophecy to be (ranging from mundane things that only impact the poster to grand visions for all mankind), through the bible/religious P&P sub-genre, new age sub-genre, sci-fi sub-genre, etc.

However, I also believe that there are some people who at time(s) in their lives are able to accurately foresee certain events - hence my attraction/repulsion dilemma.

With that said, I was curious if anyone here ever put together a list of the P&P's posted on ATS over the years that were later found to have some degree of validity/accuracy - hopefully a high degree of validity.

I've scanned the forum thread list but didn't see anything like this. You can call it an ATS P&P scorecard of sorts...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Anyone who's interested in the eschatological side of life, if you haven't, you should visit exit mundi. Pretty much every scenario presented fairly entertainingly. It looks like it may be falling into disrepair but the site is still functional. Also it's not peer edited so you don't get hoax entries like "Hal Lindsey's Third Coming"

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
[1] the Hopi prophecies

[2] Terence McKenna's time wave zero graph

[3] The Remote Viewers kill shot

[4] Edgar Cayce

All of the above might be off a few months or a year or two....But what about Fukushima killing the Pacific ocean ?

People who think some serious doom is not coming are in denial IMHO.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Tucket

Ahhh sweet doom. Wait.. there's no Nov 2013 event on the list? Can you maybe just edit another event in there? After the holiday if possible?

Shall we book the 26th ?

edit on 29-10-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by saintsfan

I know What you mean

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

miniatus
Here's an even BIGGER list:

en.wikipedia.org...

And an even bigger list yet .. this one split into several pages grouped by period of time, going all the way back to 2800 BC

www.abhota.info...

Yeah those lists are even bigger and cooler. Thx for sharing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

TDawgRex

I'm kind of wondering why Hal Lindsey didn't list the 2nd Departure if there is a 3rd Coming. Will there two Messiahs? Or is the 2nd the Devil and the 3rd Jesus? Inquiring minds want to know.

... Yeah, me too

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Riffrafter

The Predictions & Prophecies forum is one I struggle with here on ATS. Everything from the wide variety of what different people consider a prediction or prophecy to be (ranging from mundane things that only impact the poster to grand visions for all mankind), through the bible/religious P&P sub-genre, new age sub-genre, sci-fi sub-genre, etc.

However, I also believe that there are some people who at time(s) in their lives are able to accurately foresee certain events - hence my attraction/repulsion dilemma.

With that said, I was curious if anyone here ever put together a list of the P&P's posted on ATS over the years that were later found to have some degree of validity/accuracy - hopefully a high degree of validity.

I've scanned the forum thread list but didn't see anything like this. You can call it an ATS P&P scorecard of sorts...

I have a similar feeling to yours. Yeah, it would be cool to have a past and failed ATS P&P list

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cathar

we never know, de never know!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The end of the world has always been happening. Imagine if you were living during the early part of last century when the entire world was warring and killing each other. You probably would have thought the world was about to end. Or the "Red Scare" right after that where everyone thought the world was about to be nuked at any moment. Before that 1666 was a popular year for the end of the world with its Satanic symbolism. Before that the year 1000 was the supposed second coming of Christ.

I tend to dismiss any Religious text that talks about the end of the world. Religion holds an agenda I believe and fulfilling this "endtimes" prophecy fits in with it all. Also, there is no real mention of the rapture in any of revelations. It was added as a translators footnote in one version of the bible and then later taken to be true verse. They have to know that over 75 percent of Americans actually believe that the events of revelations will happen. So maybe they want to make them happen so they can fool people into thinking revelations is coming true and they can install their "false messiah" as a figurehead.

Okay, I'm getting off track..... (takes off tin foil hat)

I've always read the P and P forums. Mostly for entertainment value, but sometimes you will get some actual prophecies in here that ring true.

Most people will dismiss P and P because they want dates, facts, places, names, anything thats really concrete. But i think life is sort of like what Forrest Gump says, its fate and choice mixed in the equation. Everything is set in stone but also is balanced with choice. It took a while for me to really understand that but if you do then you can see why its so hard to have a vision for a future with an exact date since time does not really exist except to the person perceiving it. So I tend to dismiss most predictions that have dates attached to them. Even though most people are the exact opposite way.

This prediction "business" sure is funny

That's because people have taken off and run with completely bogus information and expanded on it. None of the Mayans ever said the world was somehow going to blow up at the end of last year. They said it was going to be the end of an age. The end of a cycle. And all one has to do is look around to see the rapid changes the world has undergone in just the last few years to realize that we are indeed approaching a new paradigm. The old one is not working anymore. People are changing, the world is changing. The way I see it, the Mayans could not be more right.

Yet if you asked anyone last year at this time who was freaking out about the Mayan calender they would have told you that the world is doomed becasue the history channel said so.

Read up on Edgar Cayce if you haven't. I think that man was the real deal. People who are quick to dismiss his work as bogus soothsaying usually do a 180 on their opinion of him as soon as they actually read about the mans life. He said there would be massive earth changes that happen very quickly and you will know that you're on the cusp of these changes when the volcanoes in Iceland and South America start erupting. Most of his predictions were written in this manner instead of just giving a time/date which will likely be false anyway.

As for the end of the world, that's a total oxymoron. Mankind will end long before the world does.

edit on 29-10-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I believe in rational predictions if we may call it this way, that is when we evaluate several facts and tendences and then come to a conclusion of What might come in the future based on that. Then we have the cases of people who are "lucky" to be right on 1 or 2 predictions they make and become prophets to other people. Then we have cases like Edgar Cayce which indeed are dificult to understand.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I believe in rational predictions if we may call it this way, that is when we evaluate several facts and tendences and then come to a conclusion of What might come in the future based on that.

Trends forecasting is indeed growing in popularity. Alot of folks on here like Gerald Celente but there are others who are getting into it.

Personally I like Celente but I think lately he is starting to get a little bit full of himself. He does have a pretty good track record predicting things though.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

cathar
[1] the Hopi prophecies

[2] Terence McKenna's time wave zero graph

[3] The Remote Viewers kill shot

[4] Edgar Cayce

All of the above might be off a few months or a year or two....But what about Fukushima killing the Pacific ocean ?

People who think some serious doom is not coming are in denial IMHO.

Let's hope they all converge at one point and this all ends quickly, and painlessly.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Although I am not a fan of end-of-the-world predictions I do have to unfortunately acknowledge that we are definitely living in a world that is in a global crisis. I'll list my reasons as to why based on my observations.

1.) The Holocene Mass Extinction Event - We are living in it right now. Can't be good, and we are accellerating it.

2.) Over-Population - This is a crisis, the planet cannot keep giving up limited resources to manage this huge population and deforestation, pollution, plastic ocean islands et al comes as a price and helps accellerate #1.

3.) Fukushima and cumulative nuclear events and disasters - Nuclear energy accumulates and from above ground testing, three-mile island, Chernobyl and Fukushima background radiation is on the rise, lots of signs that oceanic life is being affected, mutations occurring and inevitably will lead to mass cancer and death potentially millions if not more and could be ongoing for generations. It's a bit doomy.

4.) Global Financial Crisis - Just look side by side at the US Monetary Base Graph and the Debt Ceiling Graph

US Monetary Base Graph 2013

US Debt Ceiling Graph

Now tell me that the writing isn't on the wall... crash coming soon to a theater near you. Add to that the 600 trillion dollar derivative debt and we are sitting on a financial ticking time-bomb of epic proportions which leads to the final outcome.

5.) War - Humanity apparently likes to blow itself up and now we are seeing tensions between Russia, China and the United States some linked to debt others linked to US imperialism. If we learned anything through history any aggressive nation over time get's smacked back down by the rest of the world and who is the #1 country in the last 20 years who has invaded and occupied more nations? They are likely the target of a backlash.

6.) A New Plague - We are seeing super-bugs and the end of anti-biotic which itself could explode into a plague of epic proportions once enough deadly bacteria spread that resist treatment. This may be another 10-20 years but it is a real issue that could get out of control and become pretty doomy for some.

So what will our doomy future be? Slow death from leaking radiation plants, an ecological collapse, the greatest depression in history, plagues, nuclear war... all of those are on the table.

The only question isn't will it happen, but when will it happen. When will all of this self-destructive human behavior collectively finally do us in?

We are living in this time, and the world is in crisis. Could be 5-10-50 more years for all I know. I think the debt issue is going to reach a climax in the next few years if not sooner it seems pretty bleak and set to fail hard when it does. That might kick start WWIII.

Those are my warning signs and no predictions really just looking at the reality we are in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join