It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright! Now It's My Turn!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In my profession, I have the "pleasure" of dealing with companies and corporations over the phone at times. Not only do I have to sit on hold often, and sometimes get passed around like a...er...nevermind. I also have to listen to blaring, distorted, music. If I turn the volume down, then I can't hear the damn customer service rep, and if I keep the volume up, it's annoying as hell, whether it's against my ear, or on speakerphone.

Does anybody check the frickin volume levels on these automated piles of digital junk!? Or is there a conspiracy here? Are they hoping you'll get so annoyed you'll hang up before they get to you? Or is it a secret plan to give you a headache, and deafen you in one ear after enough exposure!?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Depends. When I worked at Musician's Friend we just recorded one of the owners playing guitar. We checked the levels specifically, to make sure it wasn't blaring loud.
When I worked for Sam's Club, the hold music was turned up, and generally made as annoying as possible so as to drive people away from the phone system, and therefore increase foot traffic to local clubs.

It all depends on the company.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I know the feeling lol and when you do get through to someone they your so free kin mad and you usually get someone that speaks with a foreign accent n they cant understand a word you say

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

lol... I hear you on that. All the companies we do business with are generally good about the hold volume but your right, some companies must just want to annoy you! Where I work I am the one who checks all the messages in the morning so once a week I check our hold volume as well to make sure nothing went wonky, and I keep our hold volume low, just loud enough so you know you are on hold and not hung up on...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

When I worked for Sam's Club, the hold music was turned up, and generally made as annoying as possible so as to drive people away from the phone system, and therefore increase foot traffic to local clubs.

This is the kind of thing I figured. Thank you. At least I'm not totally crazy.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

lol... I hear you on that. All the companies we do business with are generally good about the hold volume but your right, some companies must just want to annoy you! Where I work I am the one who checks all the messages in the morning so once a week I check our hold volume as well to make sure nothing went wonky, and I keep our hold volume low, just loud enough so you know you are on hold and not hung up on...

Nice. Why can't every company have someone like you?

And my condolences on your loss.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ha.. it would be nice but alas, I do wonder about today's workforce! lazy has replaced a good work ethic I fear!

And thank you so much, your kindness is touching ..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm betting that it runs the gamut of the reasons suggested here: From being intentionally annoying to showing the lack of respect the corpo-giants have for the consumer/customer to sheer apathy from some mistreated underpaid Joe in charge of the system.

Best rant in a LONG time. It's always nice when someone utters our thoughts out loud.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I think you hit the nail on the head there Gut. Thanks for chiming in.

top topics

join