It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typhoon “Disappears” Off Japan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Araqiel

Can you find anything that backs up that figure of -123 degrees Celsius off the typhoon's eye?

If it was at that temp you wouldn't have a cyclone you would have a blizzard as that would put the temp at around -189 degrees FH.

The formation of tropical cyclones is the topic of extensive ongoing research and is still not fully understood.[47] While six factors appear to be generally necessary, tropical cyclones may occasionally form without meeting all of the following conditions. In most situations, water temperatures of at least 26.5 °C (79.7 °F) are needed down to a depth of at least 50 m (160 ft);[48] waters of this temperature cause the overlying atmosphere to be unstable enough to sustain convection and thunderstorms.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Araqiel

No. A typhoon doesn't cause temperatures nearly that cold, it can't and survive. A typhoon is extremely sensitive to temperature, and a 5 degree difference in water temperature could be the difference between a typhoon, and a strong rain system.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Makes you wonder why they put that in the article at all really - unless they're going for the 'super-cold beam made the storm disappear' angle without explicitly stating it. Which is silly however you look at it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Araqiel

With that site there's no telling if it's that, or they just didn't understand what they were reading. I've seen some really good articles on there, and some that had me wanting to beat my head against the nearest hard object over the stupidity.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by th3dudeabides

NEWSFLASH:

Storm changes course and peters out- never been seen to happen before.....CHEMTRAILS TO BLAME??

I wonder what the story will be about this one??
edit on 28-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Look at all that green and red, clearly boron and lithium burning high in the atmosphere.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join