It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one just now noticing this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Maybe I have been lapsing in my powers of observation, but I've finally just noticed the gold and silver borders are back- but instead of then surrounding the entire posts the gold and silver borders are around the member's stats on their mini- profiles. How long has this been going on, and am I the only one just now snapping to it? Please somebody tell me I don't have "Sometimer's"!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

If you adjust your specs, you'll notice that there are two different green borders too.

And some folk have been magic'd a few hundred thousand stars out of (presumably) thin air too.

ETA: holy shmoly, it may be three green border types in fact....

edit on 28-10-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I noticed that some of the green borders are different as well, but I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me as I really do need some new glasses very soon. The crazy stat numbers on some older members I know is because of some estimation calculation that went awry, but I have no idea what is up with the differing green borders.

Hey Mods...... what do you know?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

The borders around the mini-profiles have been around since the transition. One of the different green borders seems to indicate the OP's posts in the thread, then your own border will look different to you, then everyone else.

At least that's what I think is going on.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
if you look at my border, it's paler/thinner than youse two's, who both have made lots more post than i... I've also seen a green one that has curved edges iirc - this is beside the green border around the OP's posts.
edit on 28-10-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

I agree with Skalla, our two borders are different from his, and also I notice that as OP my posts do have some sort of pale olive green border sort of thing at the top.

After checking some other threads that I haven't even posted in Im noticing the same thing with other people. Maybe we will get a more definite explanation soon, if not I'm calling Inspector Gadget!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I won't name names because we aren't supposed to gossip about members but there is a member who has like 700,000 + stars but no flags. He / she does create threads.

Not sure how the member recieved so many stars but I did the math once and it was equal to something like 500 + stars per post / comment.

Seems to me that it's some kinda conspiracy.

edit on 28-10-2013 by justreleased because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hmmm

Just noticed it now you mention it.

That might just force me to change my avatar colour scheme....

Ugleeeeeeee!

Seriously, I am big on colour schemes.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

selfharmonise
Hmmm

Just noticed it now you mention it.

That might just force me to change my avatar colour scheme....

Ugleeeeeeee!

Seriously, I am big on colour schemes.

Just add some more green and you'll be all ready for the Christmas season. Apparently to judge by what the shops are stocking now Christmas begins in October these days...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Don't know about this but we have 2 new super mods that no one has noticed.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

intrepid

Does the "Super" title embue you with special X-Men powers or anything?
Do you get to meet the Reptilian overlords?
Do you get 50% off at Burger King?

These are important things that we must know!!!

By the way- What's up with the different green borders?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

edit on 10/28/13 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

intrepid

Lol Congrats intrepid!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Not me, I've been a super for years. I'm a little disappointed in the members. Usually can't get a comma passed the board without a notice. Anyone notice who's new?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well I know Tenth is one, but I have no idea about the second one. Guess we don't pay as much attention as you think we do.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Iamschist

Well I know Tenth is one, but I have no idea about the second one. Guess we don't pay as much attention as you think we do.

Argentus.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Do supermod(el)s collect a paycheck? Who all collects a paycheck here? Just the owner/admins? I thought I heard mods are all volunteer positions. But what about supermods? Can you disclose this? I might actually clean up my act (would require a new account from a new IP address of course hehe...) one of these days if I thought it would be worth the extra effort to remain civil XD

Also, I thought I read once in the About ATS somewhere that regular members can make money by attracting advertising dollars through their blogs or something like that. Can you explain briefly how this would work? Only if you don't mind of course!

Also, littled16 asked a question about the green borders. What exactly do they mean? If we keep it on topic enough, maybe you can squeeze in my other questions... But these borders provide us with a mystery that simply must be solved! I'm already peeved enough that I just realized ats has been so messed up for le because I was automatically put to some new mobile view after the new layout came about. I thought that WAS the new layout! I was like, what the heck is going on here?? Turns out it was the mobile view, like a Lite version of ATS. I thought it was pretty crummy and it makes me wonder how many others may be out there on mobile view and not realize it.

Most websites have a mobile/desktop link at the very bottom of each page. I actually looked, thinking that might be it. But nope, the option for switching between desktop and mobile was buried deep within the account settings. I never would have found it if it weren't for another member's thread.

top topics

join