It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Whey Protein

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Does anyone here have info on whey isolate compared to milk? Is there less of the hormones, bad stuff etc, in Whey isolate? I generally try to avoid all dairy products, but for me, whey is a necessary evil. So I was just wondering if its healthier than milk. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Tucket
Does anyone here have info on whey isolate compared to milk? Is there less of the hormones, bad stuff etc, in Whey isolate? I generally try to avoid all dairy products, but for me, whey is a necessary evil. So I was just wondering if its healthier than milk. Thanks.

Some whey proteins are healthier than milk Tucket. It all depends on the quality of the protein.

May I ask why whey protein?

Personally, I use Optimum Nutrition protein(Gold Standard).

Whey is a fast absorbing protein. Casein protein is a slow release protein good to take before bed.

There's also egg protein's if you are lactose intolerant.

My friend is a bodybuilder and he uses a meat protein powder, in combination with a casein. Meat protein powders tend to be more expensive if money is an issue.

I would recommend using a protein mix that has a combination of the different types of protein, in conjuction with a low-fat high protein diet. Make sure you get a protein that doesn't have a lot of "filler" agents in them. I can PM the name of the company I use to order online if you like. It will beat any price you can find by 5%.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Could try something like RAWMEAL powders or RAW protein. All made with high protein vegetables, beans.etc. Not tried RAW protein myself but I use RAWMEAL vanilla chai when I can't get a healthy high protein meal in and it does the job. Definitely worth looking into though if you are looking for an alternative

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

If you're looking for high protein substitute for milk, buy a blender on Amazon and some almonds. Almond milk is a great tasting alternative to whole milk.

If you're drinking whey simply because of it's protein/bodybuilding properties you'd do much better by eating egg whites health wise. Drinking calories is the easiest way to gain fat.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

freedom12

Tucket

Some whey proteins are healthier than milk Tucket. It all depends on the quality of the protein.

Ok so are you implying that the process in which they derive whey isolate from milk doesn't actually remove any of the bad stuff (ie hormones) found in milk?

"May I ask why whey protein?"

I see it as a easy and cheap way to get protein/energy in my body, as I don't eat much meat these days.
I use Nitrotech whey isolate..
edit on 28-10-2013 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2013 by Tucket because: quotes not working proper

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by Tucket

eating egg whites.

Yuck!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

freedom12

Tucket

There's also egg protein's

Egg protein powder? I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

constant_thought
Could try something like RAWMEAL powders or RAW protein. All made with high protein vegetables, beans.etc. Not tried RAW protein myself but I use RAWMEAL vanilla chai when I can't get a healthy high protein meal in and it does the job. Definitely worth looking into though if you are looking for an alternative

I will check that out too. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I use a protein powder brand called Sunwarrior. The protein is all raw vegetable based, the chocolate is really good with vanilla almond milk. I rate the taste up there with muscle milk.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I use gnc whey protein . Love it. If you are lactose intolerant then try carnivore meat based protein with almond milk. Super delicious.
edit on 28-10-2013 by truttseeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join