It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Timeline of CIA Atrocities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Greetings,

I have been trying to convince some friends that the CIA is a LOT worse than they believe.
Most of them have adopted the mindset that they are a "nesessary evil" while others have romantisized the notion of espionage because of the James Bond series or other spy movies that have tainted their notion of the true nature of the Central Unintelligence Agency.
They have been toppling governments, murdering innocents, expiramenting on the citizens of many nations, curtailing freedoms, coercing leaders, running the drug trade, dabbling in child kidnapping rings, intimidating the activists...the laundry list of their crimes just goes on...and on...and on.
This post is to shine a light onto their nefarious activities.
They do not just do any one thing...they are into it all.
Their grubby little pudgy fingers are in everybodies pies.
They are behind the scenes when law enforcement runs amok.
They are always present when something goes wrong in the world and not because "they are trying to stop it" but because they have a vested interest in it.
They put world leaders in place or when necessary remove them.
They use "contractors" to permit them the luxury of "plausible deniability".
They are liars, thieves, killers, drug dealers, kidnappers, child molesters, extortionists...as a matter of fact there's hardly a crime anyone could name that the CIA are not guilty of.
Kennedy tried to reign in the CIA and it cost him his life.
They use propaganda against their own people and are so compartmentalized not even THEY know what the person beside them is doing.

"Know thine Enemy"

This is how the old saying goes and guess what America?
Here is your moment of zen...

A Timeline of CIA Atrocities:

www.globalresearch.ca...

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Another common apologetic is that “the world is filled with unsavory characters, and we must deal with them if we are to protect American interests at all.” There are two things wrong with this. First, it ignores the fact that the CIA has regularly spurned alliances with defenders of democracy, free speech and human rights, preferring the company of military dictators and tyrants. The CIA had moral options available to them, but did not take them.

Second, this argument begs several questions. The first is: “Which American interests?” The CIA has courted right-wing dictators because they allow wealthy Americans to exploit the country’s cheap labor and resources. But poor and middle-class Americans pay the price whenever they fight the wars that stem from CIA actions, from Vietnam to the Gulf War to Panama. The second begged question is: “Why should American interests come at the expense of other peoples’ human rights?”

From the article in your link @ www.globalresearch.ca...

It really has been amazing when one considerers the backing and money we as a Nation have given to some of the biggest despots the world has known.. While giving lip service to the idea of democracy, freedom, and human rights. Kinda like Affordable health Care or the Patriot Act; whatever the title says think the exact opposite is true, No?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Are you suggesting we get rid of the CIA?

They do perform a necessary function and at times must do illegal things. Its the game they play and they do not have the benefit of making the rules.

Certainly they may cross the line in many instances but are you sure that is not necessary? Without you being privy to all their planning how do you know?

And I highly doubt that the CIA has an ongoing policy of child molestation, its stuff like that which ruins threads and robs them of any legitimacy.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Salut,

You display a "clarity of vision" that few seem to pocess and I commend you for it sir.
(That's and your's is still the best avatar I have seen at ATS!)

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Spookybelle
And I highly doubt that the CIA has an ongoing policy of child molestation, its stuff like that which ruins threads and robs them of any legitimacy.

Since the CIA have connections to Dyncorp and Halliburton, it is my duty to point out that you are incorrect:

en.wikipedia.org...

Dyncorp exposed for the trafficking of Women and Children

www.youtube.com...

DynCorp Disgrace - Middle-Aged Men Having Sex With 12-15 Year-Olds:

www.rense.com...

US: DynCorp Disgrace

www.corpwatch.org...

I could post articles like this all day long and STILL not run a risk of running out of links such as these.
As for them being necessary?
How could any organization guilty of the scope and magnitude of their crimes EVER be considered integral to the safety of world affairs?
This is the same as saying the "Stasi" were just misunderstood.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Spookybelle

Are you suggesting we get rid of the CIA?

They do perform a necessary function and at times must do illegal things. Its the game they play and they do not have the benefit of making the rules.

Certainly they may cross the line in many instances but are you sure that is not necessary? Without you being privy to all their planning how do you know?

Either we are a society of laws or we are not.

Agencies like the CIA and NSA, are not "necessary evils", they are simply further examples of how little the US disregards its own internal laws and external laws.

Add to the fact that the CIA has a long history of creating these enemies we face (blow back through bad policies) and they become agencies that are self-fulfilling the threats they are supposed to guard against.

Its a sad day when americans justify gross violations of international and domestic laws.
edit on 28-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Ok, please explain to me what benefit the CIA derives from molesting children then.

If you contend that it is an ongoing policy of theirs, the molestation of children, why do they do that?

Are they trying to pry information out of the kids?

Are they trying to brainwash them?

Please enlighten us as to why the CIA wishes to molest children.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Spookybelle

Ok, please explain to me what benefit the CIA derives from molesting children then.

If you contend that it is an ongoing policy of theirs, the molestation of children, why do they do that?

Lets just take one example, probably the most out there, and use that to discredit the arguments against the CIA.

How bout we use a proven one, You know why IRAN hates us so much? Because he CIA overthrow their DEMOCRATICALLY elected government, to try and install a US favorable dictator...

A tactic the CIA has used over and over again.

I do not believe US interest out weight the Right of free people to self govern.

The actions of the CIA in our history are the Antithesis of everything the US supposedly stands for.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Actually how about you address the question I asked and not attempt to dodge it?

After that, I will be more than happy to address your second point.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Actually how about you address the question I asked and not attempt to dodge it?

Fine, the same reasons the CIA smuggled drugs in Vietnam through Air America.

There was profit to be had.

Frankly drug smuggling is as bad as human trafficking, but I am sure you will come up with a justification for it.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

benrl

Spookybelle
reply to post by benrl

Fine, the same reasons the CIA smuggled drugs in Vietnam through Air America.

There was profit to be had.

Frankly drug smuggling is as bad as human trafficking, but I am sure you will come up with a justification for it.

Not at all and i'm actually interested because I had never heard of this before.

How exactly does the CIA profit from molesting children?

You obviously know how since you are accusing them of this.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Morning,

You answers lie in the fact that human trafficking is a multi-billion dollar industry.
The victems are usually female and a typical sex slave can make their "pimp" $250K USD a year.
(Children command a much higher price to those depraved enough to engage in such activities.)
You think they need more of an excuse than that?
Would you not define that as "profit"?

-Amitaba-
edit on 28-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 28-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You should have a look at the book 'Legacy of Ashes'. It describes the activities of the CIA and outlines the amount of blood and treasure they have wasted.

Interesting read.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

EA006

You should have a look at the book 'Legacy of Ashes'. It describes the activities of the CIA and outlines the amount of blood and treasure they have wasted.

Interesting read.

Hey there,

Thank you very much for the tip.
While I never accept tips on "good" television, I am ALWAYS on the lookout for a good book.
I am searching for it right now.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Eryiedes
reply to post by Spookybelle

Morning,

You answers lie in the fact that human trafficking is a multi-billion dollar industry.
The victems are usually female and a typical sex slave can make their "pimp" $250K USD a year.
You think they need more of an excuse than that?
Would you not define that as "profit"?

-Amitaba-

While human trafficking can entail child molestation they are usually not associated in the same context. However, if that is how you are using this relationship then I will ask you if you believe the CIA should not operate that way.

The CIA is not a law enforcement agency and they operate with the worst of the bad, oftentimes to reach a larger goal. Does this mean they must break the law and do things inhumane?

Yes it does, it is the world in which they operate. You cannot play with the bad guys by being a good guy so I'm asking if you think this is necessary or not.

If not then why even bother having a CIA, why not just expand the FBI to apply their lawful methods to deal with the underworld?

Does the CIA allow many horrible things to happen, even partake in it?

Probably, but is it necessary to accomplish their larger goal?

I think so. Its what they were designed to do.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Spookybelle

Remember the Secret service scandal a few years ago... Gear up wedding rings off and the hooker who blew the story because the agent refused to pay what she asked? Boys will be boys even though they are supposed to be men of responsibility; maybe a good excuse for some?

Sex can be used to bribe and say thank you for a job well done.... or as something to hang over one's head if they are threatened with exposure as a front page news article in their home country.

Remember the Russian girl who spied and was caught in Washington? All spy agencies use whoever or whatever to advance their goals..... and sex seems to work... Nothing new there.

Is Knowing something that is morally wrong or illegal and overlooked in other countries wrong?... of course it is...Does the end justifies the means....? They are trying to work with individuals in a country to push an agenda; or end game.. If a sacrifice of little boys or girls will help them arrive at their goal maybe they don't care..... use all means necessary would appear to be more wide spread than one would like to think. Either that or the old blind eye is alive and well. I seem to remember the CIA and Mafia involvement with the program to assassinate Castro a few years back. Talk about strange bed fellows, No?
From the OPS POSTED LINK:

Dolan says, "It's not just Americans who are participating in these illegal acts.
But what makes this more egregious for the U.S. is that our purpose in those
regions is to restore some sense of civility. Now you've got employees of U.S.
contractors in bed with the local mafia and buying kids for sex! That these
guys have some kind of immunity from prosecution is morally outrageous. How can men be allowed to get away with rape simply because of location? Rape is a crime no matter where it occurs and it's important to remember that even prostitution is against the law in Bosnia. The message we're sending to kids is that it's okay for America's representatives to rape children. We talk about the future of the children, helping to build economies, democracy, the rule of law, and at the same time we fail to prosecute cases like this. That is immoral and hypocritical, and if DynCorp is involved in this in any way it should forfeit its contract and pay restitution in the form of training about trafficking."
www.corpwatch.org...
search.yahoo.com...=A0oG7lt8o25S5HoAlYBXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'EzNHVpc3FhBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDOQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkA1ZJUDMyOV8x/SIG=13kcfvif6/EXP=1383 011324/**http%3a//www.gailallen.com/theo/Secrets-of-the-CIA-Global-Sex-Slave-Industry-by-Dr-Sue-Arrigo.html

Part I

This is the story of how the CIA uses "war zones" to garner kids for the sex slave business. You may have heard how the two companies, DynCorp and Halliburton, were caught trafficking in women during the war in Yugoslavia.

Some background on this topic can be found at Dyncorp and Halliburton Sex Slave Scandal Won't Go Away

Please see the Rep. Cynthia McKinney Grills Rumsfeld On Dyncorp Sex Rings video.

Plenty of articles can be found to support the idea that it is just part and parcel of doing business by either companies or certain elements in agencies which is hidden because of little or no congressional oversight . Or maybe like a few other countries the most powerful and incharge seem to be in on the game or are threatened themselves? Naw not in America, home of the brave, land of the free corporations, who are to big to fail ... Some need to keep saying that...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Spookybelle
However, if that is how you are using this relationship then I will ask you if you believe the CIA should not operate that way.

They are a criminal organization at its core and should NOT be "operating" at ALL.

The CIA is not a law enforcement agency and they operate with the worst of the bad, oftentimes to reach a larger goal. Does this mean they must break the law and do things inhumane?

A larger goal?
Like controlling the drug trade?
Like installing puppet governements to steal the resources of other nations for it's own ends?
Like murdering those who would shine a light on just how evil and devoid of morality the organization is?
You are trying to excuse the most morally reprehensible behavior being currently perpatrated in the world just because you feel "frightened".
This does not make you objective...it makes you a victem.

Yes it does, it is the world in which they operate. You cannot play with the bad guys by being a good guy so I'm asking if you think this is necessary or not.

Violence is not, never has been nor will EVER be the solution to complexe social problems.

If not then why even bother having a CIA

This is the only part of your post which makes any sence to me.

Does the CIA allow many horrible things to happen, even partake in it?
Probably, but is it necessary to accomplish their larger goal?
I think so. Its what they were designed to do.

They were designed to operate outside the law.
Therefore they are lawless.
Therefore they are immoral.
Therefore they MUST be disbanded.
If you truely feel the CIA serves a purpose, then I imagine you'd also approve the Stasi, Soviet-era KGB, Hitler's Brown Shirts and the plethora of other organizations established to subjugate mankind to the fear and domination of despotic rule.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

They were designed to operate outside the law.

Exactly the point you seem to not be grasping.

Their job is to partake in the evil underbelly of society and not to operate with morals. If you were in charge you would not have agents involved in anything illegal because you feel its wrong yet I would have agents deeply involved in all types of criminal activity because when the need arose, I would have people in place to strike or get information first hand.

It is not a pretty job but it is a necessary tool and you do not know what exacta benefits we have achieved by doing this.

Perhaps having people in the drug trade or mixed up with human trafficking allows us to accomplish bigger goals, or receive better intel about something else of greater importance.

The CIA does not get to operate in a black and white world and sometimes they have to play the numbers game. Is this benefit worth this cost?

Should we allow 10 people to die in order to save 15?

As you said, they were designed to operate outside of the law and how you expect them to do this without doing anything "bad" is kind of missing the point.

Do they always make the perfect choice?

Hardly, but their job does not come with a playbook of what is allowed and what isn't such as the FBI has. In many cases they are tasked with accomplishing something and no guidance whatsoever. If the President says he wants some information about this or that it may be the only instruction the CIA has to operate with.

They are asked to do things for the simple reason that they do operate outside the law and have access to information that other, lawful agencies cannot get. And the reason they can do this is because they are involved in all sorts of shady things.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

727Sky
Sex can be used to bribe and say thank you for a job well done.... or as something to hang over one's head if they are threatened with exposure as a front page news article in their home country.

Yes, sir.
I believe the term they use is called "The Honey Pot" named after the childrens story of Winnie the Pooh.
While it is true that human trafficking can be profitable, the CIA is involved in enough illegal clandestined operations that money is fine but it's not the bottom line.
The leverage supplied by such "favors" are of incalculable value to an organization whose hallmark is clandestined manipulation. Many in the halls of power are only there because they have partaken in this activity and would not have been allowed to ascend to their position unless a foolproof method of control was in place to ensure their loyalty.
The spectre of child molestation accusations in just of one the means by which they establish infalable control over those the organization seeks to use.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Like it or not, most nations operate with agencies that partake in crime and in order for the US to battle them, they to must operate in that world.

It would be great if nothing like MI6, Mossad, or former KGB existed but they do and we have to address that. This means going where they go and a daily competition to get a "leg up" on the others.

You would really disband the CIA and just let these other groups operate with impunity?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join