It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you feel about the state of the society ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

S+f and appreciation for the beautiful way you expressed yourself.
I guess I am feeling pretty hopeless most of the time,to be honest.I will join this discussion again at a later stage,when I feel less negative.One cannot offer a proper opinion on days when one feels too hopeless,as there are still a lot of good,and good people in this world too.I just feel most of the time these days,that we are all on a speeding train rushing headlong to our own destruction.That humanity is losing it's human-ness and that there are too many demons in humanform walking among us-and then I am not even counting the ignorant dumbass kind of evil,perpetrated by those too ignorant to realise what they're doing,and the empty shells that seem to want nothing out of life except more stuff+time to worship celebrities.

I hope that enough decent people remain alive,so that my children can have a shot at a reasonable quallity of life-but were I young now,I would think very long+hard about bringing a child into this world-which is also maybe not wise.Because if the ones who Will instill decent values in their children stop having children..the idiots who can instill nothing because they themselves are witless+empty,will not stop,that is for sure.
Just woolgathering really,like I said these days I pretty much feel like I am watching a global collective trainwreck in the making every time I go on a site like this,where one can find a variety of different topics+opinions.And I more+more get the perception that we have gone over a tipping point for the planet and the human race.That we are headed for some dreadful crash or implosion.That the way the world is going,all that is good will either be buried alive under all the evil+hatred+greed+stupidity-or that indeed,to even survive,the good will have to become a lot more militant+combative.
Either way,the picture seems bleak and hopeless.But perhaps that is just My perception,and not really truely accurate.I have never hoped to be wrong this badly.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Em2013

Tucket

Spookybelle
reply to post by Luuke123

Yes every generation faces their own unique problems and ours is no different.

This time around though, we have our environment being rapidly destroyed on a global scale. I think that makes it a lot different than previous generations.

As compared to WW1, WW2 and any other war for conquest?

I understand that there is always war. My comparison was to the physical environments of previous generations. They haven't had to deal with the destruction of it on a scale of such magnitude.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

How do I feel about the state of unicorns?
Are pixies getting a fair deal?
Do Bigfoot Monsters suffer descrimination?

Werewolves, elves, society and the Loch Ness Monster are FICTIONAL CREATURES. The do NOT exist.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Em2013

Tucket

Spookybelle
reply to post by Luuke123

Yes every generation faces their own unique problems and ours is no different.

This time around though, we have our environment being rapidly destroyed on a global scale. I think that makes it a lot different than previous generations.

As compared to WW1, WW2 and any other war for conquest?

Those were conventional wars against nation states.
What's happening now is a full out assault on the fragile ecosystem and a global mind war. The difference is night and day.

KPB

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Uncertain.

I think at some point in recent years we entered a period of uncertainty - I personally feel that each individual is going to have to make a choice to be okay with uncertainty for some period of time into the future or not okay with it which means to go crazy with everyone else in the froth of it all.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Floydshayvious
Uncertain.

I think at some point in recent years we entered a period of uncertainty - I personally feel that each individual is going to have to make a choice to be okay with uncertainty for some period of time into the future or not okay with it which means to go crazy with everyone else in the froth of it all.

I resonate with what you're saying here, kinda the situation I feel in just now, it's like the sheer intensity of the bad things that is happening just now is forcing me to make a choice. It's like some sort of primitive code we have pre-installed in us that activates, you've heard of other organisms that sometimes go and destroy themselves for the good of the colony. I'm sorry I don't quite know what I am trying to articulate but it just feels hopeless and you can see it and hear it in peoples words, maybe it's just part of growing up or growing wiser and it's new to me I'm only in my mid 20's but I don't ever recall a time in my life when I've noticed so many people not coping and losing it and my own feelings about society just now are bothersome, somebody said earlier ignorance is bliss, well we had that but with the age of the internet now it's hard not to see what is going on without it profoundly affecting me and I'm just trying to get a handle on this.
edit on 28-10-2013 by GreyGoo because: Poor grammer

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Roxane
reply to post by GreyGoo

S+f and appreciation for the beautiful way you expressed yourself.
I guess I am feeling pretty hopeless most of the time,to be honest.I will join this discussion again at a later stage,when I feel less negative.One cannot offer a proper opinion on days when one feels too hopeless,as there are still a lot of good,and good people in this world too.I just feel most of the time these days,that we are all on a speeding train rushing headlong to our own destruction.That humanity is losing it's human-ness and that there are too many demons in humanform walking among us-and then I am not even counting the ignorant dumbass kind of evil,perpetrated by those too ignorant to realise what they're doing,and the empty shells that seem to want nothing out of life except more stuff+time to worship celebrities.

I hope that enough decent people remain alive,so that my children can have a shot at a reasonable quallity of life-but were I young now,I would think very long+hard about bringing a child into this world-which is also maybe not wise.Because if the ones who Will instill decent values in their children stop having children..the idiots who can instill nothing because they themselves are witless+empty,will not stop,that is for sure.
Just woolgathering really,like I said these days I pretty much feel like I am watching a global collective trainwreck in the making every time I go on a site like this,where one can find a variety of different topics+opinions.And I more+more get the perception that we have gone over a tipping point for the planet and the human race.That we are headed for some dreadful crash or implosion.That the way the world is going,all that is good will either be buried alive under all the evil+hatred+greed+stupidity-or that indeed,to even survive,the good will have to become a lot more militant+combative.
Either way,the picture seems bleak and hopeless.But perhaps that is just My perception,and not really truely accurate.I have never hoped to be wrong this badly.

Keep your chin up Roxane I empathize with you and look forward to more of your input.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GreyGoo

I think your OP mirrors many of the emotions and sentiments that a majority of people are feeling, whether its on the surface or deep down.

I feel that society (especially American society) as a whole is and has been rotting from within for a long time now. All you have to do is read about the things that people are doing to each other that were totally unheard of 50-100 years ago. Our young men are being raised to act like animals instead of young gentlemen, our young woment are taught that sexual promiscuity, even at a very young age, is OK and a good way to get what you want from people without working for it. The "screw you, I got mine" mentality is more and more pervasive with alot of people and folks are just generally losing their empathy for one another.

The other poster, Spookybelle says that its not as bad as it can be if you look at history. However, many of the societal changes she mentions were brought about by technological changes. That is not the case today. You now have a society where everything is backwards. Banksters and politician lie and steal openly and never get punished, Greed is good, the more toys you have the better a person you are, churches destroy spirituality, universities destroy knowledge, courts destroy justice, police terrorize the innocent.

I guess maybe the recent events of my life have made me sort of pessimistic and angry. But its hard to be positive when there's really not much to see going on that's positive. I witnessed first hand in Bosnia and the desert the horrible things that people do to each other in desperate times and the great melting pot of America is heading down the same path.

I can really see nothing but very bad times for a great many Americans. And nobody will be able to handle it anywhere near well, most people are used to living the good life and just going to walmart and buying whatever you need. How many Americans do you think would survive a 1930's style full blown depression like what happened a few generations ago? I think most would flip out without their iphones, TV's, playstations, internets, and such, what do you thinks gonna happen when people don't have anything to eat? Most Americans cannot even fathom that scenario becasue it hasnt happened in their lifetimes. But just becasue something has not happened does not make it impossible.

Keep your head up OP, whatever happens I'm determined to enjoy the ride and keep myself and my family safe as I can.

edit on 29-10-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Cancerwarrior
reply to post by GreyGoo

I think your OP mirrors many of the emotions and sentiments that a majority of people are feeling, whether its on the surface or deep down.

I feel that society (especially American society) as a whole is and has been rotting from within for a long time now. All you have to do is read about the things that people are doing to each other that were totally unheard of 50-100 years ago. Our young men are being raised to act like animals instead of young gentlemen, our young woment are taught that sexual promiscuity, even at a very young age, is OK and a good way to get what you want from people without working for it. The "screw you, I got mine" mentality is more and more pervasive with alot of people and folks are just generally losing their empathy for one another.

The other poster, Spookybelle says that its not as bad as it can be if you look at history. However, many of the societal changes she mentions were brought about by technological changes. That is not the case today. You now have a society where everything is backwards. Banksters and politician lie and steal openly and never get punished, Greed is good, the more toys you have the better a person you are, churches destroy spirituality, universities destroy knowledge, courts destroy justice, police terrorize the innocent.

I guess maybe the recent events of my life have made me sort of pessimistic and angry. But its hard to be positive when there's really not much to see going on that's positive. I witnessed first hand in Bosnia and the desert the horrible things that people do to each other in desperate times and the great melting pot of America is heading down the same path.

I can really see nothing but very bad times for a great many Americans. And nobody will be able to handle it anywhere near well, most people are used to living the good life and just going to walmart and buying whatever you need. How many Americans do you think would survive a 1930's style full blown depression like what happened a few generations ago? I think most would flip out without their iphones, TV's, playstations, internets, and such, what do you thinks gonna happen when people don't have anything to eat? Most Americans cannot even fathom that scenario becasue it hasnt happened in their lifetimes. But just becasue something has not happened does not make it impossible.

Keep your head up OP, whatever happens I'm determined to enjoy the ride and keep myself and my family safe as I can.

edit on 29-10-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

What came to my mind there when I was reading you're post was a documentary I watched the other day about a Miami mega jail, it disturbed me to say the least. It seems to me that the worse conditions get for humans the more we revert back to primitive behavior. It's like we forget or become uninterested in things such as spirituality, knowledge, self reflection etc etc and our perception narrows to the point that the only things we focus on is anything that improves our chances of survival (ie) physical fitness, fighting prowess, acquiring food stuffs and mating. I see that mentality more and more these days especially in the younger generations. I really feel we are losing that essence about us that once made us great to tell the truth. It's like the monkeys that have been taken from there natural environments, they have nothing to do accept sit in there glass boxes smearing sh*t on the walls.
edit on 29-10-2013 by GreyGoo because: Grammer mistake

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join