It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misandry - Men don't exist, unless they do something bad!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

halfoldman
It's only part of the story of how a fight for equality has ended up with reverse discrimination.
Perhaps men have also been too proud to contest this discrimination (no wonder, considering their socialization), and a solid men's movement is sorely lacking.

Wooow Thank you for coming out and saying it.

I have noticed that Women are sticking together and professionally assassinating men at work. Their weapon of choice... sexuality power over other men.

Being all girly when faced with a person of importance only to bad mouth their target to the people that have fallen under their spell.

They stick together and back each other up, feigning tears and playing the victim when necessary, If you are in a dispute with a woman other women will back the other out of womanhood every time.

It's as if there is a collective understanding among women that if they can get one over on a man then they should do it and take great delight in doing it.

For most men if there is a problem they would voice that issue and attempt to deal with it straight away. But for women if there is an issue they will let it fester and will set up a sustained campaign against the person that in their mind caused the problem.

Only they do all of this behind the scenes, nothing direct... they are snipers all the way and because it seems true of nearly every woman I've met... and most men seem to be not aware of it... because they too are blinded by their sexual need until that it is, they become a victim to this kind of behavior on more than one occasion.

Peace be with us and good luck to all in the war that could end in Man's Extinction.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Misogyny. Misandry. Who cares really? Humans are hateful creatures and the hate isn't gender specific. The haters aren't gender specific either. This article looks like it is quickly becoming a pissing contest about which gender gets hated on the most. The feminists should do well to recognize that hatred against men exists and the people talking about misandry shouldn't marginalize the misogyny in the world.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

IMO, there needs to be a scapegoat class to blame all the problems on whether those problems are really created by that class or not. We're far enough removed from most of the history that gets trotted out to justify things that we're looking at a generation or two at least of remove, but somehow that's still an excuse.

Everything in our popular culture media sets us up to turn on that scapegoat class.

In Europe, it was the Jews. In the US, you typify it.

When things get really bad, you better watch your back. It won't matter how many "good" causes you've tried to attach yourself to to expiate the sins of your guilty heritage, you'll still be just as guilty as all the others.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
Misogyny. Misandry. Who cares really? Humans are hateful creatures and the hate isn't gender specific. The haters aren't gender specific either. This article looks like it is quickly becoming a pissing contest about which gender gets hated on the most. The feminists should do well to recognize that hatred against men exists and the people talking about misandry shouldn't marginalize the misogyny in the world.

You see what you did there was to try and de-sexualize a subject that at it's very core is sexual inequality.

If you will... your statement is the Politically correct one to take and it is one of the problems that this issue has to face.

It is not politically correct for men to point their finger at women and say they are discriminating against men because in doing so they are themselves discriminating.

However I urge you to look through the BS and see the situation for what it is not what in an ideal world it should be.

Korg.

edit on 28-10-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Because that is what needs to be done. Hate is hate regardless of who it is directed at and who is directing it. To label it as you have by letting the sexual aspect remains helps to spread different types of hate. People can rationalize and say that at least it isn't sexual hate, racial hate, or any other name for hatred that exists. But the fact remains, it is all hate. It is all wrong. It is always developed irrationally. And most importantly it should be denounced in all its forms.

Hating someone because they are a woman is no different then hating someone because they are black or gay. Stop segregating hate and tackle it all together. Segregation allows for levels of importance. It is happening in this very thread. There are people trying to downplay the misandry saying that misogyny is more important because female hate has been more prevalent than male hate. But that is wrong, both are equally as wrong and we shouldn't decide which one gets more attention based on which one is hated on more. The same argument can be said about black hate and white hate.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think someone is feeling left out in the cold. There are bigger things going on in the world that merit attention. This isn't one of them.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
In a culture of immaturity, unfair bias against 'the-other' is ever-present, as much in misandry as misogyny.

Although you are right in observing how many words are 'man-based' do bear in mind that actually, this is present sort of across the board in english, and is one reason why some people lobbied to have "postman" changed to something else, and why people misuse the invented term chairwoman.

The word 'man' is part of woman, the word 'he' is part of she, and 'mankind' refers to everyone (and there are more than 2 genders, technically, btw) so we should merely have applied "postman" to that hot blonde woman who delivers my mail. (Not my type, as a hetero woman, but I totally get why the neighbor looks forward to getting his electric bill...!) But, that isn't how they chose to go about it.

So I am guessing that often it is merely a matter of trying to be politically correct by 'gender-neutralizing' the terms.

But, perhaps there is bias present. You may be right. I have never looked for it in this area, but I find that bias tends to pervade most human behavior particularly in groups and especially in 'cultures' (larger groups), so it doesn't seem fully unlikely.

While many of the posts here going on about the injustice (et al) to females may have a point, that isn't really what the thread is about.

You can actually say that it is a form of misandry if a man says, "This appears to be a socially biased against men situation," only to have lots of people respond with what amounts to, well women are more abused so there. LOL! That... kinda wasn't the point. And even if they are, that doesn't mean the OP's original point doesn't have merit or isn't worth its own discussion.

There is a long list of stuff in our culture that is somewhat injust to men. For example, abortion debates rage on (just came from one of those threads); I don't notice them filled with men saying "Why don't I get to choose? If she wants to keep it and I don't, why can't I say, I sign off, this is not my fiscal/parental responsibility? Why can't I say, she can't abort it if I want to raise the child and in that case she has no rights to it because she wanted to kill it? If it takes two and that theory is used for holding me responsible, then how come only one of us gets a decision?" These are totally valid questions, and issues that impact and often mangle the rest of a man's life, and men have the right to question them and should be proactively trying to do something about them.

So just using that as an example, it's a fair set of responses, but I don't see it made on those threads -- which is good -- yet I see the same opposite behavior made on men's threads like this.

It's not always about women. Men have legit cultural issues too.

I don't know how much this is one of them, but it's a fair question.

I might add that really, though, you're talking about mainstream media. This is the media who if someone changes their name to something islamic and is a civilian, and goes around killing innocent people, they will refer to him by his former 'white boy' name and refer to his former tour as a soldier. This is the media that pretended France wasn't burning down in riots for like a week while the internet had videos and we had the totally surreal experience of wondering why this was nowhere on TV -- and when finally reported, the American media promptly ignored the allah akbar signs and rants and described them as 'disgruntled youths.' Those are merely what come to mind, I don't really have a bias regarding that topic, only that it really stands out as memorable examples of spin.

In other words, the MSM is the biggest distortion factory there is -- so if they appear to be biased in the way the OP suggests, I would suggest that this is likely just another element of media-distortion, and not necessarily any intentional -- or least not female related (as the OP agreed) -- agenda.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Restricted
I think someone is feeling left out in the cold. There are bigger things going on in the world that merit attention. This isn't one of them.

Aw come on. There are always bigger things. That's like looking at someone's issue of getting their car stolen and saying, "Hey, first-world problems, babe." Yeah... maybe they are. Maybe that person is not starving or living next to a dying nuclear reactor or whatever. But everyone has events in their life that occasionally bring some element of philosophy or cultural interaction to their attention. I think it's fair for people to post on that, to be thinking about that.

I mean if it's not important enough for your attention, why post on a thread about it? It was important enough for mine.

If we only wanted people to post about what was "most important" compared to "bigger things that merit attention," ATS would only have about six threads.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Restricted

meaning: "you are not receiving any sexual favours from women, because their are BIGGER things going on in the world. That is why you have a beef with women. If you were receiving sexual pleasure from them then you would not be complaining right?"

And I'm waiting for the classic putdown - that the size of his penis is under par.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
While in the US, some misandry could be an echo of feminist movements which attempted to pull the collective pendalum away from it's extreme patriarchy and made it swing a bit too far the other way,

We would do well to observe that, throughout time, all over the world, in many human cultures,
An apparent higher value is placed on the life of females in a society over that of males.
Males are sent out to battle and in areas where their life will be threatened, while females are protected.

The op made a comment about mothers sending their sons into such circumstances,
yet I think we should take a look at the very common tendancy of males to be competative with one another...
Men themselves are often the source of the demeaning of other men in public,
They also are usually supportive (in covert or ouvert ways) of men being in situations in which they will be challenged, and possibly knocked out of the race for survival and reproductive rights.

The value of individual rights often supports the individuals right to choose risky paths, and be free of the constraints of the collective-

Freedom is synonymous with "lack of protection". Every man that has voiced and fought for his individual freedom,
is part of the movement to keep the society away from protecting him- in ohter words, from expressing value for his life.

But what is expressed is not the full truth- a mother may have much love and value her son, and not want him to go into war or situations of risk, and yet let him do so anyway- out of respect for his individual freedom, and recognition that individuality is formed by experience- not through the verbal teachings from others who have experienced. -That creates a shared common consciousness/culture, not individual.

I think my point is that:
We sometimes feel a discomfort with circumsance because of a cognitive dissonance.
An idea we hold and value contradicts another one we have.
In this case, I point out that- a high value upon individualism, and a devaluation of collectivism,
results in a paternalistic culture, in which men are not protected, and are expected to live in a way which is constantly obstructed and challenged by their environment and culture. -That's how " a man becomes a man"... through adversity! That is how a man stays free and experiences proof each day that he is free - through the obvious lack of protection.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Because that is what needs to be done. Hate is hate regardless of who it is directed at and who is directing it. To label it as you have by letting the sexual aspect remains helps to spread different types of hate.

That is reducing the subject to the ridiculous.

How can you deal with this issue if you refuse to accept the cause?

This is not about racism or any other ism... It isn't even about hate.. it's about women not desiring to be equals but desiring to be superior to men.

It's views like yours the Political correct way that has allowed those that would use inequality to gain more than they should.

I am perfectly happy for men and women to be treated as equals... but this is not what women want.. they want to be on top, they want to be superior to men and will do almost anything to get it.

If you are blind to that fact then you are one of those that are standing by and letting it happen.

It's like if there were a truce between two faction at war... both sides stands down and says o.k. we are equals meanwhile one covertly moves to defeat the other.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem...

Korg.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Korg Trinity

I am perfectly happy for men and women to be treated as equals... but this is not what women want.. they want to be on top, they want to be superior to men and will do almost anything to get it

Generalizations of this sort, are what pit women against men. This statement even suggests "Men are better than women, ethically".

(Guess women don't have the monopoly on covert moves for superiority, eh? ..Unless I have misunderstood and you are a woman...?)

If you are blind to that fact then you are one of those that are standing by and letting it happen.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem...

Exactly!

edit on 29-10-2013 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well Said. The idea of reverse sexism (or just sexism as it should be called) is not a popular one in the media.

If you want to know what people truly think of this issue, look no further than a thread I made a couple years ago.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

Unless we men become as vocal as women have and men stop putting down those men who are vocal, nothing will change and things will only get worse.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

coquine

Korg Trinity

I am perfectly happy for men and women to be treated as equals... but this is not what women want.. they want to be on top, they want to be superior to men and will do almost anything to get it

Generalizations of this sort, are what pit women against men. This statement even suggests "Men are better than women, ethically".

(Guess women don't have the monopoly on covert moves for superiority, eh? ..Unless I have misunderstood and you are a woman...?)

You may say it is a generalization, but it is not an opinion it is an observation based upon my experience and I'm no spring chicken.

And trying to say I am saying men are superior is exactly the kind of twisting tactic I've been talking about.

Nope I am not saying men are superior, I'm saying that Human beings should be treated the same, have the same options and opportunities regardless of sex.

However in my experience this is not what women appear to want at all. They want to be where men were 100 years ago... the top class of human. The boss.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Korg Trinity

I support men's rights in a pretty proactive way. But, tip: If you find your life has been filled with manipulative dominating women, that probably says as much about you as about women... and more about the people you draw to you and surround yourself with, than what is available in the larger population. I hope before you go from this world you find some of the other lovely-soul options that are around as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Golden Rule

As a woman I've experienced plenty of misogyny. The subject just isn't that important in the scheme of things.

Our country is falling apart. Our leaders are corrupt. Fukushima is irradiating us. Our government spies on our allies and us.

Yes, there are definitely more important things to worry about.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

RedCairo

Korg Trinity

I support men's rights in a pretty proactive way. But, tip: If you find your life has been filled with manipulative dominating women, that probably says as much about you as about women... and more about the people you draw to you and surround yourself with, than what is available in the larger population. I hope before you go from this world you find some of the other lovely-soul options that are around as well.

Yes you are right to some extent. I consider myself one of the good guys, and yep it maybe easy to stab me in the back because I am so honest. Don't mistake that for niaveity though!

But that also means I can hold my head up high and feel good about myself in knowing that I have a clear conscience.

I really don't understand how people can live with themselves after they have done to people what I have seen and experienced.

90% of which I might add has been perpetrated by women against men.

Korg.

edit on 29-10-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What bothers me isn't that I like or hate males or females, but that being a male and sometimes liking male things somehow makes me a bad person; somehow makes me primitive. The new trend seems to be gender-neutral and blurry. All of this and I don't even look like a redneck; I'm short and scrawny, not tall and brawny.

It's like all the bad things in the world are being blamed on men. For example, the world spends almost 2 trillion each year on defense and military matters. Men are to blame! Most of the mass shooters are male; men are to blame! Most of the violent crimes are perpetrated by men. Men are to blame! Men are wife beaters!

But what about the woman? They're victims of men!

Quick, somebody get a burn pile going. Lets burn the men!!!! Let them pay!!

Is the new answer to conflicts gender-neutrality and all the blurriness? What if it doesn't work? What if you can't make a man neutral or a woman neutral?

Perhaps I'm misconstruing a more complex world with blurriness. Maybe I can't handle it all, so I'm hunkering down in my fortress. Or maybe I'm half-right.

I'll tell you something... My dad is a clumsy nose picking smelly uneducated man and he goes head first into a lot of mess he probably shouldn't get into, but you know what? He gets things done. Maybe one day he'll screw up bad, but all in all, the male inside him - or the part I identify as male - has served him well.
edit on 29-10-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My fellow bipedal primates, we need to quit this sh**. Really, all of it needs to stop now.

This Him against Her species infighting is straight-up divide & conquer and you're perpetrating it, knowingly or not. None of the happy kitten-farting-glitter & rainbows unity stuff is ever going to happen if you sulk in the corner over something as unimportant gender pronouns. I refuse to nitpick over the sounds that come forth from our vocal cords to elicit communication. If you're going to drumbeat over that, I propose dropping anything that signifies anything gender specific for "it". No male, no female, no in between, just "it". Hu-its, not humans. Neutral enough for ya?

Do something more conducive to real equality. Instead of complaining about which gender since the dawn of time has had it worse, maybe put on your big kid underpants and admit the tables are turning quickly, the other half is getting dealt a sh**y hand socially, and two wrongs don't make a goddamn right. It's not men's turn to be walked on. We women should have the brains to look at our half's historical treatment and say "Never again, male or female." Instead, I see my fellow "women" justifying maltreatment & disparity because "well, men did it first!" How weak & self-centered of you.

Is having a 2-way treatment baseline so damn hard to do?
edit on 10/29/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Korg Trinity

You may say it is a generalization, but it is not an opinion it is an observation based upon my experience and I'm no spring chicken.

Well I am no spring chicken either- I am a wife, a mother.... a grandmother even. AND, I am female, and have been very active and outspoken against misandry on this board, and others, and in real life... and usually find myself with many other women on that count.

Your experience may be influenced by the kind of females you tend to pay attention to and be drawn to, or your environment, or simply which females catch your attention and which ones don't. I can say with clear knowledge and confidence that "all women" are not looking to have a place of superiority over men.

Though you have the right to your opinion.

And trying to say I am saying men are superior is exactly the kind of twisting tactic I've been talking about.

Yeah, that is why I found the post rather humorous and ironic.

Saying all women are trying to do something unethical and unfair to men.... and now claiming that does NOT say "Men are ethically superior to women" is quite a little twist. Doesn't work real well though.

But I wouldn't go so far as to say all men try such sorts of covert manipulations- this is just something you did today.
In general I tend to like how a larger number of men will be very forthright and direct in their opinions, and not really get sneaky, trying to seem morally rightious at the same time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join