It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Physical enjoyment' in the afterlife

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Did you see like you do now? like the same vision you have with your eyes or was it different?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by CosmicDude

There is no afterlife in the spiritual sense but we may have (or not) other physical experiences

WELL!!
That's a rather authoritative statement.
And you know this beyond a doubt......

HOW?

Yes, I know this beyond any doubt because you have only 2 chances here: Either you have a soul that, as a soul is eternal continuing with the same "life", or there is no spirit/soul making you 100% physical being that stop existing when the body dies.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Those teachings are hypocritical because although they say no marriage means no sex. Jesus was never married and had sex. God says not to kill yet blessed Cain with the prophet Enoch. To take the bible literal is a form of ignorance sorry to say not trying to get nasty. But think about it. like freemasonry it tries to trip you p with disinformation.

Almost like god is saying we choose the intelligent. Proof of this again is the story of Cain.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have no idea what to expect. I also try to dwell upon it either. Not that I fear death (though I do fear some forms of it).

I'm just hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

In the meantime, I will try to enjoy my journey here on this plain of existence.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I know this beyond any doubt because you have only 2 chances here: Either you have a soul that, as a soul is eternal continuing with the same "life", or there is no spirit/soul making you 100% physical being that stop existing when the body dies.

That's not a definitive position. Either/Or does not equate to "Knowing For Certain."

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Its not your time yet.. and the next thing I knew I was in the hospital room again...

that was my NDE... doesn't fit well with religion...

But it fits PERFECTLY with an afterlife, and a consciousness that extends beyond 'bodily death.'

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t
Jesus was never married and had sex.

Where do you get that from? I'm not seeing that anywhere in scripture. And in that time period, sex outside of marriage was a major sin. He said he came to save people from sin so I don't think he'd go around fornicating ....

Where do you get that he had sex with anyone ....????

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

TDawgRex
In the meantime, I will try to enjoy my journey here on this plain of existence.

Smart.

Do you best. Be your best. Try your hardest. What will happen, will happen.
We don't know for sure what is coming and have no way of knowing.
Just work with what we have ... and don't worry about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

wildtimes

Its not your time yet.. and the next thing I knew I was in the hospital room again...

that was my NDE... doesn't fit well with religion...

But it fits PERFECTLY with an afterlife, and a consciousness that extends beyond 'bodily death.'

yes that it does.... I am also more than happy to go back too.. whenever it IS my time. That was beauty ...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

ATS Thread - NDEs - It's all about love
Sounds a bit like these ... it's all about love ... not about religious indoctrination ...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Well, the Bible does say there will be a wedding feast.

And there will be new wine. But I would assume it doesn't have the intoxication properties.

Hi, Indy.

So, does that mean that there is a 'perpetual' wedding feast on the other side? That's all they do, is start another 'wedding feast' as every one of thousands of souls show up?

As for wine.....
why would you assume it has no 'intoxicant' properties?

"Good Wine is a perpetual reminder that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - B. Franklin
(sometimes "wine" is swapped out for "beer" in that little gem. I don't see anything wrong with drinking beer or wine. It is a God-given gift that humans have enjoyed since...well.....FOREVER!)
edit on 10/27/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

My avatar and signatures pretty much sum up my view of life.

Everyday I wake up and go vertical...woohoo! I do the clown dance.

Of course my body is so busted up I can't do much more than that...but I'm still happy.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

wildtimes

I know this beyond any doubt because you have only 2 chances here: Either you have a soul that, as a soul is eternal continuing with the same "life", or there is no spirit/soul making you 100% physical being that stop existing when the body dies.

That's not a definitive position. Either/Or does not equate to "Knowing For Certain."

True but I didn`t say I know what happens when we die, I just said there is no afterlife regardless of what happens when we die, because either there is a CONTINUATION of your life OR there is a definite end of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't recall a body. I was just there seeing but I have no clue if it was through a set of eyes or how it's done. I only realized that I was physically still in bed as my spiritual self looked down at me. I didn't notice a visual change but the room wasn't well lit.

I was awoken by my alarm clock. I had to get up to cut it off across the room. When I approached the clock I realized I couldn't turn it off. Turning around I could see myself
still in the bed. It didn't surprise me at bit. I then opened my eyes and I was in bed with the alarm blaring. I got up to turn the alarm off again and yet one more time I couldn't
because yet again I was physically still back in the bed. The third and final time I got up I was very weary that I was actually physically moving that time. Only when I could turn the alarm
off did I start to grasp what just happened.
edit on 27-10-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I don't know... I wasn't told anything.. not that I was right, not that I had been wrong... I was just there.. I could have been there a thousand years or a half a second.. I dont know it was as if time was not there...

But not told anything about religion or my life or anything, all I learned about was the presence of God.

But your right, it does share a similarity.
edit on 27-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Well if you are asking about a conditional afterlife, throw that thought out the window, in my opinion. Life is about making healthy choices, not about following archaic laws. I think there is the situation of an afterlife being a resurrection experience, where you resurrect until you learn the lessons you need to learn to interact with others and yourself in a healthy manner

Some people say even Hell is temporary, you can go there, I have been there in real life, I have cycled through Hell for five years or more in the past, due to bad decisions and not knowing how to get out, but there is always that small bit of light, saying "Hey! Listen!"

Physical enjoyment in the afterlife, huh? Well... most of the enjoyment I get out of real life is intellectual, although it might involve something physical, like a book, bed (for napping), game system, chess board, etc. -

I would guess that in an afterlife situation, we would either be reincarnated, or absolutely be able to manifest physical objects. In fact, this is my favorite Heaven clip of all time, if not my favorite scene from a movie of all time.

And that, my friends, is what heaven is like.
edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:19:29 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:23:05 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That fits perfectly with the other NDE's that I had on that thread.
It's all about LOVE.
God didn't ask if the person went to Confession or if the person had premarital sex.
It was just LOVE and the question was 'DID YOU LOVE' while on Earth.
Not 'have sex' kind of love ... but love each other ...

So your NDE fits in with that .... confirms it.

God doesn't care if you are Catholic or Hindu or Muslim .... He just cares about LOVE.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm just going to assume that logically if I don't have a physical body anymore then why would I desire things my physical body does?

That leaves pure mind which suits me just fine. If I spend the rest of eternity enjoying things of the mind - learning and pure emotion and loving worship - in the presence of God ...

I just want to know that I'll see and know those who have gone before me.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Eh, too many people conflate love and sex.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The main point that I am going to make here is that there are multiple realms that exist outside of our physical realms, and a lot more places to explore than just "Heaven." Not only that, there are a lot more entities out there than the traditional Christian ones, although if you count Demons and Ghosts, it might *start* to cover them all.

You should be able to manifest or even take human form depending on the situation, although in Buddhist circles, and when it comes to some spiritual beings, there is a certain level of Nirvana where it becomes impossible to escape, and manifestation isn't possible -

There are some spirits that are afraid of having a human body, because they don't want to be constricted to its limitations - however, they are still able to possess one, and they need to in order to experience something involving time, I think, at any rate, there was one occurrence I personally investigated where a girl (who can see spirits and extra-dimensional beings) was visited by one of these spirits who told her he wanted to meet her in person, but would need to find a physical body, first.

Then she started dating someone with the same name, and eventually discovered that he had been possessed by that spirit, she even found one of his old notebooks where he had been writing about body stealing spirits, this might sound like science fiction, but yeah I'm not joking.

I think Christianity really does offer a shield against demons and other spirits, but when that shield goes away, they are really there, honest, I am very empirical and scientific with my investigative methods.

I think the afterlife, or the other realms, are multi-faceted to be honest and include many different places. Heaven is more than likely going to be one option, as is a Hell (temporary, though), as is reincarnation. There are also some entities that are not, and never were, human.

Two of the entities that are extra-dimensional from my experience would be the Grey aliens, who I'm thinking are looking to be more and more like the Demons of Bible lore, and there are also these mathematical engineer elf types, these are the ones I have been able to verify either myself or through correspondence with other researchers, the main one having a doctorate.
edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:33:19 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:36:00 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:36:30 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pmSun, 27 Oct 2013 14:37:28 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join