It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Physical enjoyment' in the afterlife

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Continuing a conversation that got off topic in another thread ...
Physical enjoyment in the afterlife ....
SEX? Food? Bodies? Alcoholic beverages? All that organic stuff ...
Or will the enjoyment be all spiritual??

What do you think and why do you think it?

As for me ... I'm going on the teachings of Jesus. No marriage means no sex.
And any 'enjoyment' will be spiritual. We won't be in a mundane body like we have now.

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Matthew 22:30 - At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Iam not going If they don't have booze...I wanna get drunk with Jesus, The Buddha and my Brother who died when he was 16.
Plus I wouldn't mind some hanky panky with Monroe and Hepburn

edit on 27-10-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Personally, I believe whatever one's heart desires will be available in their unique 'afterlife.' For me? Right now? I just want to see my dad, my pets, my friends who've passed, and not have to cook or clean.

Maybe after I get my bearings, I'd want some spaghetti, good wine, and a romantic interlude.....
guess we'll find out!!

S/F

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I'm a foodie too. But the problem is .... if a person eats food, then they poop and pee. And if they poop and pee in heaven, then there has to be plumbing and sewage treatment plants, etc etc. And then that means people will have to have mundane jobs in heaven ... like janitor and sewage treatment worker ... and that doesn't sound too heavenly, does it??

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

My belief in the afterlife is more profoundly effected by an NDE... or just a DE I suppose, since I was dead, they just revived me...

I was only there for a short time... do you want me to describe what I saw?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I believe the afterlife consists of many superposed dimensions, all different from the ones below.

There might be one dimension highly identical to the material world (probably the next one after third dimension), with the only exception of having an astral body and mind (just like we have in dreams) and not being limited by the actual laws of physic. In this realm, we would still have basic needs and goals but we wouldn't try to acquire them the same way we do in this plane. Furthermore, no need to say there wouldn't be any doubt of the possibility of the afterlife in this realm...

So, we wouldn't necessarely have the same desires, but some would still be present. Like sex, love and all natural and good things of life.

I greatly recommend that you guys search for this book on google -
Our Ultimate Reality by Adrian B. Cooper

You might learn a thing or two.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I was only there for a short time... do you want me to describe what I saw?

YES! Please?
edit on 10/27/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There is no afterlife in the spiritual sense but we may have (or not) other physical experiences

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I'm a foodie too. But the problem is .... if a person eats food, then they poop and pee.

Yeah, that's one of the things that I think is irritating about the "body."

Having to eat, and eliminate the waste....drag. BUT - suppose we can enjoy the 'sensation' of a great meal, and NOT have to endure the 'elimination' thing.

Have you ever seen the movie "Defending Your Life"? It's a great one. "City of Angels" also.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
... do you want me to describe what I saw?

Always. Near Death Experiences are amazing. I know some are imagination, but others can't be explained and those are the ones that are as close to 'the source' as we can get.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

wildtimes
Have you ever seen the movie "Defending Your Life"? It's a great one. "City of Angels" also.

Defending your life? FUN MOVIE! And being a foodie I thought it would be interesting. The one thing about that movie that bugged me ... the thought of having humans judge the soul instead of God. Humans are notoriously stupid.

City of Angels .. Nicholas Cage. I admit having a wild crush on Nicholas Cage ...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

FlyersFan
But the problem is .... if a person eats food, then they poop and pee. And if they poop and pee in heaven, then there has to be plumbing and sewage treatment plants, etc etc. And then that means people will have to have mundane jobs in heaven ... like janitor and sewage treatment worker ... and that doesn't sound too heavenly, does it??

Not necessarily. What if there was food available which the body made 100% use of? The reason we excrete due to ingesting food is because or bodies only use a small portion of it.
Now assuming such a place is real, and that there are angels and spiritual servants, how would we know that all of these mundane jobs are not assigned to these servants, rather than us?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I admit having a wild crush on Nicholas Cage ...

Yeah, me, too. Beginning with "Raising Arizona" - even though he played a trailer-trash guy - I was turned on.

But then again, I have the notorious "bad-boy syndrome."

Sorry, OT.

Yes, those movies are a couple of my faves (Defending Your Life, and City of Angels)....
they 'speak' to me.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

There is no afterlife in the spiritual sense but we may have (or not) other physical experiences

WELL!!
That's a rather authoritative statement.
And you know this beyond a doubt......

HOW?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

wildtimes

I'm a foodie too. But the problem is .... if a person eats food, then they poop and pee.

Yeah, that's one of the things that I think is irritating about the "body."

Having to eat, and eliminate the waste....drag. BUT - suppose we can enjoy the 'sensation' of a great meal, and NOT have to endure the 'elimination' thing.

Well, the Bible does say there will be a wedding feast.

And there will be new wine. But I would assume it doesn't have the intoxication properties.

But since a wedding feast is not to provide nourishment, it simply is for the social aspect, then perhaps we need social interaction more.

No sex, that I agree with. But I don't think what we imagine heaven to be is what it really is. We can make heaven into anything with our imagination. But the thing I like most about heaven is that God wipes away our tears. That's got to be the best thing.

"Behold I go to prepare a place that where I am you may be also". I have a place prepared for me and that will be with my Lord.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If you're interested, check out The Urantia Book online. Certain sections of it describe a progression of life after death to other worlds, gradually moving away from a physical existence to a purely spiritual existence.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Maybe ... but that's not exactly heavenly for the angels then, is it?
Someone has to shovel the poop .... if we eat, that is.
Unless the food is something different then food here ....
(which means, no chocolate and no coffee ...
)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

trollz
gradually moving away from a physical existence to a purely spiritual existence.

- Great, I'll check it out. Sounds interesting.
- Moving to a purely spiritual existence makes sense. Shed the physical echos that play on the etherial body so that the etherial body can move on to higher spiritual experiences ....

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

OK... so I was in the hospital room giving birth to my daughter... It was a day I'll tell you... my placenta had removed itself from the uterus before she was ready to be born, and I was bleeding out...

By the time I got into the operating / delivery room... my blood pressure was so low that if they had given me anesthesia it would have killed me.

So the doctor had to do a vaginal birth before I was actually ready... He was making me push and had his hand inside of me trying to dilate me at the same time...

anyway, in the middle of all that I died... let me tell you what happened.

I was in pain, and half in and half out of it trying my best to follow instruction and stay awake for it... and an Angel came.... (was what I would consider a male angel... not a female... I never saw what I would have considered a female angel actually during this entire experience)....

Anyway the Angel held out his hand to me... as if in a gesture to take his hand would have meant going with him....and I felt no more pain.. it all disappeared... and I felt such an indescribable feeling of peace... just washing over me...

all I wanted was to go with him, so I reached out and took his hand.. immediately as if transported by a single instant of thought... we were in this place...

row after row after row of angels ... farther than the eye could see... this place was so amazingly bright... everything washed in light... and the feeling then... a feeling that before all these rows upon rows of angels.. that we were all standing before a presence more beautiful and more powerful than anyone could truly imagine or describe...

This power, I fell to me knees... in its presence there was no standing.. and I fell on my face in humility and love and worship... I was nothing, but here I was in the presence of a love so amazing... a power so powerful....

that all I could do was be on my face and washed in this presence... and I don't know how long I was there like that... I could have stayed like that forever... that was all I ever wanted... I had no desire to do anything but worship just like that.... I never wanted to leave....

And I KNEW beyond any shadow of any doubt I was before God...

Then, next thing I know the same angel who had taken me from the hospital room... was in front of me, something cut the feeling of the presence of God, like a curtain between me and this feeling was dropped in order for me to stand...And he held out his hand again, but this time I didn't want to take it...

But he said to me, first words he ever spoke... Its not your time yet.. and the next thing I knew I was in the hospital room again...

that was my NDE... doesn't fit well with religion...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm assuming when we die and leave our bodies whatever enjoyments you have because your brain enjoyed them will be gone.
I've had an OBE and the I don't recall experiencing any fear when I wasn't in my body. It was just so. I don't recall thinking as much as I was just there observing.

You're leaving the brain behind which is possibly the vail that keeps us blinded to the reality outside what we now experience.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join