It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a man vanish into thin air. Was it a time slip, or a space slip?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

The answer here is simple try and find some security cam. footage. I assume you have the date and time. Its well worth the effort if it just puts your mind to rest.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have also had an experience like this but it was with a child roughly 8/10 years old. I was in a car as a passenger and i noticed this child run across the road. He ran into the blindspot of the car but as we approached the bend onto the new road he was nowhere to be seen. There was no obstructions at all on these roads the child just vanished. I asked my gran (the driver) if she seen him but she said she never noticed anyone. The reason the child caught my eye is because he looked like he was wearing outdated clothes. Could it have been a timeslip/ghost or something ?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This post reminds me of a short-story I read in "The Mammoth book of Alternate Histories" called Sidewinders. It's about people who can consciously sidestep between alternate realities.

I've had similar things happen, but then I think I even got a greeting before he disappeared in front of my eyes.

BURNZYY
There was no obstructions at all ut she said she never noticed anyone. The reason the child caught my eye is because he looked like he was wearing outdated clothes. Could it have been a timeslip/ghost or something ?

Outdated/out-of-style clothes, no one else seeing him but me; these are the same things that happened to me! I was around 4/5 yo.

F&S.

edit on 29-10-2013 by InSolace because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by InSolace because: spelling correction

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
very cool story.

Not having been there I have no idea.

But I would have loved to experienced something so perceptibly abnormal.

I live a mundane life lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Do you have any ley lines in that area? Time slips can happen at those cross roads.

If you're sure there's no way he could have disappeared from view, then I'd say he is looking around wondering WTH happened to him; why is everything different?!

S&F OP.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
How many days have you been skipping your meds?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
These things tickle the brain and are fun to think about. You could have experienced just about anything ... a time slip for him, a time slip for you, you could have seen a ghost, it could be residual energy replaying .... Fun to think about and maddening in that you'll never know what happened ..

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This thread title caught my eye as a friend, who's logical in the extreme and sure of his over abundant education, saw a fellow one moment on an open street and glanced away for the smallest fraction of a second and looked back to see that the guy was gone... poof. With literally no where he could have gone.

He could describe most every detail of the guy, style, color of clothes, age, hair, etc. and it freaked him out more than a little.

I trust this guy as a friend and a great observer... and thus consider his recent story a head scratcher. Maybe our collective program is breaking down... heh... ?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Damn it, beat me to it lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

that's a cool test! but the guy was on a bike, whatever direction he went, he would have come into view again..

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Is there a time, space distortion

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Did you look up for the biker? How can you assume he slipped through a time or space portal if you didn't first check all obvious dimensions, which would include up. He was probably laughing down at you as he flew off on his flying bike. Logically speaking, it is more likely that his bike flew right over you than if he transported to another dimension.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

TheReclaimer
Did you look up for the biker? How can you assume he slipped through a time or space portal if you didn't first check all obvious dimensions, which would include up. He was probably laughing down at you as he flew off on his flying bike. Logically speaking, it is more likely that his bike flew right over you than if he transported to another dimension.

Yeah a perceptibly ordinary bike that flies...thats more logical..sure lol

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The human mind is a tricky thing. Being as focused as you might be riding a bike in a round-about, your mind might have just wiped you're memory of his whereabouts.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Interesting.
I thought I was the only one.
Several times I also see ppl disappear, most times I am driving and looking in the mirror behind cars just vanish. I always wonder where they went too as most times there was no roads for them to turn off into. One minute I see a few cars then look up and they are all gone, twice 2 traffic lights vanished so these days I drive carful to be safe.
At the start it was freaky now I keep an eye open as I am curious as to where they go.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

lotusrose
Interesting.
I thought I was the only one.
Several times I also see ppl disappear, most times I am driving and looking in the mirror behind cars just vanish. I always wonder where they went too as most times there was no roads for them to turn off into. One minute I see a few cars then look up and they are all gone, twice 2 traffic lights vanished so these days I drive carful to be safe.
At the start it was freaky now I keep an eye open as I am curious as to where they go.

Wow! I'm glad I don't live in a time-slip zone! My world is freaky enough without this extra weirdness.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That's so frustrating when something happens you can't explain , it keeps you thinking about it for days , and still get no answer to it..

The only thing you could do is go that same place and watch for camera's that could have recorded all this and try to be a cop investigating to obtain that recorded material, or maybe the biker is a ghost and you have seen him ,but he died in a car accident . So maybe you have to go to library to find if someone had died there?

edit on 0b01America/ChicagoWed, 30 Oct 2013 17:25:01 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 30 Oct 2013 17:25:01 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is interesting and I do believe there are 'time shears' but it seems like there was just too much stuff in close proximity to the cyclist to say he vanished!
If it was impossible for him to go anywhere without you observing him, such as 1/4 mile in EVERY direction I would feel more like this could be arguably paranormal.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I read the blog from a guy who said was training to become a real Jumper, he said that just like in the movie is was easier to do while moving.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Do you recall any buildings or unmarked vans in the vicinity? Maybe it was a projection of a hologram.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join