It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MY interesting Houseguest.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That's quite a story!
Some people might have wet themselves. I guess that would have been redundant in your case.
I know they are loud, but I've never heard a group close-up before. Must have been ear piercing.
I wonder what they were saying to each other? Like "why is this guy marking our territory?"?

I need to take a trip to Death Valley again.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I wonder what they were saying to each other? Like "why is this guy marking our territory?"?

I need to take a trip to Death Valley again.

Lol, I don't know. I get the impression that pack howlers do it for identification, bolstering each other, security.

Maybe standing still like that is what saved me from an attack. I scent marked and casually walked away. That must have impressed them? I remember at some point fighting the urge to run. Seemed it took forever to cross the road. Though I never saw them, I could "feel" their presence.

Been there three times, definitely a unique place. Except when the wind blows it is so quiet.

What do you think the coyote was doing inside your place like that? Has it ever happened before? Do they generally stand their ground when you encounter them there? That must be a special place. Therre ain't nothing like seeing animals in the wild. Untouched, pristine, wild.

I hate zoos, circuses, and whale shows. Captivity destroys the free spirit in these animals. They are so much different when they are captive, like… deflated. Whenever I encounter wild critters I so enjoy observing them. Thanks for bringing your encounter.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Thank you for not killing that wonderful animal. It looks like it isn't even bothered by the camera or by your presence. It would have been interesting to see if you could have got it to trust you enough to feed it and keep it. Haha I have a squirrel that I have been trying to get to come to me for years and he's very smart! He will now come within a foot or 2 of me and stay where he's at but I keep wishing to just bond with a wild animal. I am jealous of your events!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I don't know why she showed up like that. She had to know about my dogs. Maybe too much about them? Like their habits. and their occasional 4am wee?

Been on the lookout since last night, we had a weird weather change overnight with some wind/rain and about 25 degree drop in temp. Figured she might be looking for Bed n Breakfast again.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't have a link, but those infrared trail cameras that sense movement and take a pic could watch your yard at night. Easier to catch them unobtrusively and makes for good uploads.

How did the coyote get in, again? Do the dogs have a doggy door for their wee hour "wee"?
edit on 28-10-2013 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The camera is a great idea. I'm almost afraid of knowing what lurks beyond the fence line. It's all open land, sagebrush and craggy rocks. The Red-tailed Hawks ride the thermals in the afternoon. It's quite a place to stare off into the distance.

How she got in? Unless somehow she did it the night before (which is possible) I think when the door was opened, the dogs ran straight back, and off the Sundeck. They always make a beeline to the trees first. Then screw around with the big Spruce, trying to flush out the Quail that sleep up there. The door was unattended for the time they were outside, so I think she she was on the Sundeck, maybe up close to the house. This put the dogs on the other side of her and the door. So she went for it.. ran to this Back room, and curled up....That's the thing, she was so calm. It almost made me think she might have pulled this before..

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

spacedoubt
I know these critters can be dangerous under certain circumstances. And I know they are cunning, that they watch, and take advantage of opportunities. That's why they are so successful.

You should see them out on the golf courses. They're gentle as lambs and like to follow you around

...until a jackrabbit runs by.

...on second thought, maybe they were just watching me for an opportunity to take advantage with their cunning

edit on 29-10-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

LOL Lots of people with clubs on the Golf course.
Is that a sammich in your pocket?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm almost afraid of knowing what lurks beyond the fence line. It's all open land, sagebrush and craggy rocks. The Red-tailed Hawks ride the thermals in the afternoon. It's quite a place to stare off into the distance.

Ahhh, I'm jealous. I live in Suburban hell right now. Hopelessly locked. I can almost hear the hawks scree calls and smell the sage. Craggy rocks. Ever seen a Puma?

Needless to say you are not letting the door open for now? That sounds too inviting, as you have found out. All critters love to "use the night".

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'm sorta in the 'burbs...Just on the edge.

I am more careful about the door, for sure.
and Puma? So far, only at the gas station.

Found out her name is Ruby, and is a great theft deterrent.

I guess they live in the area, I think usually further out. I know they could clear a fence like it was a speed bump though.

edit on 29-10-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Lovely creature! I'm so glad you were able to find it help its way out.

I even save spiders and flies if I can. Let alone furry animals.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

spacedoubt
She wasn't after the dogs. Or me. Though her calmness at my approach worried me a little. No snarling, no backing into a corner. nothing.
Not until I left, and came back with a cane, a broom, and a spray bottle full of water, did she start to get irritated.

Then, there were other signs that puzzled staff: Rusty "wagged his tail at human voices, made eye contact, was comfortable being approached—all extremely abnormal for coyote pups at 4 months old.
link

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

What Does The Coyote Say? Ding, ding, wait.... I couldn't resist.

What does the fox say? Feed me another Camaro!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
HOW SWEET!!!

They only thing I have crashing at my place, right now, is about 5000 lady bugs and about 2000 red wasps.
Walking around the house with Benadryl in one hand and an ice pack in the other...and it's NOT because of the lady bugs.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

one of my dogs is half coyote
he is an awesome dog

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RedCairo

I save most spiders, if I can. Sometimes the dogs find them first. Spideysnacks.
Flies, not so much.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smcneil01

Do the Wasps have the sniffles?

Seriously, is there anything you can do about the wasps?
When I was a kid, I remember pulling a vine out of some shrubs, pulling and pulling, the next thing you know I am holding a Hornet nest in my hands. They were mad, and they knew who to take it out on. Funny thing is they only stung me through my shirt, and only where it had color...It was a T-shirt with logos on it....And they stung me in the logos. Had a pattern on my body...and a fever.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tinyDAWK

Do you have pics of your dogs? It would be nice to see them.
How do they behave? Is there some different behavior versus the standard canine?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

tinyDAWK

one of my dogs is half coyote
he is an awesome dog

I had a female coydog. Half shepherd husky, half coyote.
She was brilliant, couldn't be near small children, but she was great around small animals.

She considered herself my equal, there was no way for me to be "alpha"
Sometimes I think she may have even thought herself to be smarter than me, but that was ok too. She never chewed anything, never made any trouble, and would happily stay in the bedroom if there was children over.

She lasted for 12 years, passed away from organs shutting down
I miss her....
edit on 31-10-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

She's beautiful.

It's tough to lose any pet..But sometimes there is that one, the one that seems to have picked you.
Those are the toughest.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join