It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collaboration of Serene Deep-Sea Photos - Post Yours Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hi ATSers, I've been wanting to post this thread for a few days now but not sure how it would go.

Basically, I just wanted to make a thread where members can find and share photos of the depths of the ocean, particularly, elaborate and intricate deep-sea cave systems -- they are just so pretty

Anything else that lies in the depths of the ocean that are beautiful should also be posted, also feel free to post the more mysterious photos you might find

I've just really had the craving to see something beautiful lately, and I think this would be a good place to compile these photos to view since ATS is excellent at collecting things of all sorts, from all points of view and from all different locations.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I'll start... Here are some great pics of an underwater river in Mexico

The "river" is actually a briny mix of salt water and hydrogen sulfide. It's much more dense than regular salt water, so it sinks to the bottom and forms a distinct separation that acts and flows like a river.

www.wherecoolthingshappen.com...

And this is a great video of waves 600 feet below the sea..

I think that is just cool

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

That is very cool Goou.

It's neat how it looks almost as if tree like object are growing out of the river. It's interesting how life and formations underwater can mimic the same distinct features that we find on land.

The color scheme of the river is also surreal, especially the second from the last photo how it looks like there is a fog or mist of sorts. It's kind of mysterious

Thank you for taking the time to find pictures, I think your post will be the only one besides maybe 1 or 2 others. Ha, but thank you, you helped make the day better!
edit on 10/27/2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Found this one...

www.asoc.org...

Frozen bubbles of methane...

static.environmentalgraffiti.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I think they are actual trees.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Can I skip the photos and post a song to be played while looking at the photos? Its this:

www.youtube.com...

I think of the depths of the ocean every time I hear it, and tears come to my eyes.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tridentblue

Sure, I agree, this track does go well, I have the whole soundtrack from all the movies on my youtube playlist, good choice.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That is wild. It looks like a regular river with leaves fallen off the trees. That's amazing. Thanks for posting those awesome photos.

top topics

join