It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Ison Image from mars? anybudy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ison already passed Mars then why we dont see the image of it? The only image i fund only white and black blurr dot..
Astronomer here on Earth cam see clearly..but why not from mars? Please enlight me..

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There were a few out there looking now to see if i can link for you but they were nothing spectacular at all. Quick question cheesy does ison scare you or are you a space buff because you sure do comment on it alot. Not that i mind as im interested as well so keep up the good work buddy.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

ed1320
There were a few out there looking now to see if i can link for you but they were nothing spectacular at all. Quick question cheesy does ison scare you or are you a space buff because you sure do comment on it alot. Not that i mind as im interested as well so keep up the good work buddy.

No Ison dont make me scare it will more wonderful if we can see from the near like from mars..they say they will capture the image but until now until it passed Mars they dont show us...very disappoint...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I am not an astronomer, but isn't Ison rounding the Sun now? The closer you are to it, the better the view would be.
As Mars is further away, it wouldn't afford a better view. AFAIK.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheesy there is no one on Mars to get the shots. What ???? What ever rover they have there is shooting the ground not the sky.
edit on 27-10-2013 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Hey Cheesy...

This was the only I could find..

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">The first pictures of Ison seen from Mars

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sorry -- double post

See post below.
edit on 10/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

cheesy
Ison already passed Mars then why we dont see the image of it? The only image i fund only white and black blurr dot..
Astronomer here on Earth cam see clearly..but why not from mars? Please enlight me..

Because the pictures you have seen from Earth have come from amateur and professional astronomers using telescopes. There are no telescopes on Mars.

The probes on Mars and orbiting Mars may have cameras with some telephoto capabilities, but that's not the same as a telescope.

edit on 10/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

cheesy

Why do you think they could photograph it from Mars ?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

wmd_2008

cheesy

thats not only Curious rover on Mars sir..They Put MRO Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter , that Bring Super Telescope On it..
www.astronomynow.com...
www.satellitetoday.com...
so if Ordinary telescope can catch Good Image ISON why Not Thit that so near?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

cheesy

wmd_2008

cheesy

thats not only Curious rover on Mars sir..They Put MRO Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter , that Bring Super Telescope On it..
www.astronomynow.com...
www.satellitetoday.com...
so if Ordinary telescope can catch Good Image ISON why Not Thit that so near?

Cheesy what are we going to do with YOU
just because the MRO has a telescope doesn't mean they can point it wherever they want !
edit on 28-10-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

wmd_2008
just because the MRO has a telescope doesn't mean they can point it wherever they want !

They actually can, and they did. But since the image sensor in that telescope was not made for faint astronomical observations, the images came out very grainy:

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Curiosity and Opportunity have also imaged the part of the sky where ISON was at the time, but it was just too faint to make out among all the digital noise and image artifacts.

new topics

top topics

join