It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coyne UFO Case - Army Helicopter's UFO Scare Still A Mystery, 40 Years Later.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Good thread, I wonder if anyone can answer me what I saw or should I start a new thread ?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Kevin Randle on Parabunk's recent theory that the object involved was an aircraft trying to refuel a helicopter - also see comments.

kevinrandle.blogspot.com.es...
edit on 5-5-2018 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Kevin Randle on Parabunk's recent theory that the object involved was an aircraft trying to refuel a helicopter - also see comments.

kevinrandle.blogspot.com.es...

Wow, that would be a sight. Ive only seen two mid-air refuelings, and they were both plane to plane. One was out over the pacific, the other was in Saline Valley, Death Valley NP. Saw a B-1B lancer and whatever they use for refueling doing practice drills over an entire day. It was really awesome. They were just flying back and forth across the sky trying to stay in the link range. That is what it looked like, anyways. I love Saline Valley.

Semi-related note, does anyone know where I can find information about military altitude restrictions?

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

link   
DP
edit on 29-6-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 1-10-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Crewman John Healey describes the object (also other global UFO accounts found at link).

My name is John Healey. At the time of making this officially-transcribed statement I was a Detective with the Cleveland PoliceDepartment. I was also a US Army reservist training as a flight medic. The incident occurred when I was traveling on a helicopter with three other reservists, on the evening of October 18,1973, about 10.30 pm. We were halfway between Columbus and Cleveland, near Ashland, when the crew chief saw a red light on the horizon. He asked the pilot if there were any towers around there and was told there were not. As we went along at an altitude of about 3,000 feet, the light seemed to be growing brighter and brighter. It appeared to be on a collision course with us. It kept coming right at us. The pilot had to put our helicopter into a power dive to avoid it.

We were looking right through the windshield watching this thing, and it damn near came to a stop right over us. It just hovered for a while. We all got a very good look at it.

It had a steady red light on its prow. It was cigar-shaped. There were no wings on it. It made no noise, created no air turbulence. It had a green light shining down out of aft end. It shone down and on us, and you could see a definite cone shape, the shape of the green light beam. I've seen aircraft from PT-l9s up to C-5As so I know an aircraft when I see one at night. But this thing scared the living hell right out of me. We contacted Mansfield Airport and told them we were almost in a collision with an unidentified flying object operating at 3,000 feet and 600 knots. Mansfield never acknowledged our broadcast. We tried to get ahold of Cleveland Airport and we couldn't, until the object passed over us. It continued to the West, picked up speed, and we lost it over the horizon.

We never saw it again.

We talked about this sighting all the way back and we just couldn't dope it out. The thing didn't have wings but at 3,000 feet you have to have wings to stay aloft. It was a dirigible or a zeppelin because those things don't move at the speed this thing moved. Clandestine aircraft wouldn't operate at that speed at that low altitude. All four of us filed official reports.

UFO sightings from around the world - Preliminary research for Witness

top topics

<< 1   >>

join