It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Father Suggested His Son Is 'Anointed' to Bring About 'End Time Transfer of Wealth'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Also vice versa. I don't want to hear any people that said it was no big deal for Obama, blowing a gasket about Cruz

edit on Sat, 09 Nov 2013 11:46:36 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Many of you may be too young to remember the 1980's. THAT was the time people should have been worrying about religious ascendancy. The single thing that set America on it's course to present disaster was when the Religious right locked step with the Republican Party in 1980 during Reagan's election.
Remember the Moral Majority?
The beginning of record labeling and rating for parents?
When these 2 movements joined they overwhelmed the Democrats and Progressives and took the White House for 12 consecutive years. Preachers like Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Oral Roberts, Jimmy Swaggart and Jim and Tammy Bakker were at their peak then each taking in 50 -100 Million$ annually. This was when religion crossed the line in to politics and somehow they swallowed the Republican lies for the sake of making their religious issues items on the Republican political agenda. Overturning Roe V Wade, endless support for Israel, instituting censorship of music and art, ending public funding or the arts, destroying liberal arts education, rolling back women's rights as well as LGBTs. Sermons commonly made references to Armageddon as a good thing - the cleansing sword of the Lord.

Had it not been for the interference of the churches in politics then Reagan probably wouldn't have won. Carter would have gotten a 2nd term. George Bush might never have become President and several wars in the Middle East might never have been fought.

They unleashed the devil with their blind support for the Republicans and here we are almost time to pay the piper.

The kind of religion in the OP, social justice and prosperity theology is the other side of the coin from the Fundamentalist religion of the 80's - it's the far left version. I don't see this growing unless it would be through Hispanic followers - most of whom have little money. Neither party is ready to cater to this group and they don't appear to have a political leaning inherent in their movement.
I do agree their theology is dangerous but I don't see the danger of it turning in to any kind of mass movement of the kind we witnessed in the 80's. Its people of this belief who are most dangerous when in positions that are critical to our nuclear defenses. I sure don't want any Dominionists with their finger on the nuclear button.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So yeah. I took the original point of view and spun it 180 and you spun it back. That's the whole point of spinning a position 180. To see that the coin is the same on both sides.

But the point of my post was not how bad Obamas OR Cruz's religious beliefs are. My point was that the informantion about both is valuable information for citizens to hear before they vote, roll over and pull up the covers again.

edit on 9-11-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Spot on Animal. And to add one little bit to this soon to be if not already forgotten history is the behind the scenes manipulations of the Korean messiah, Sun Myung Moon. Amassing large amounts of wealth on the backs of his true believers, Moon funneled tons of money into floundering right wing fundamentalist and right wing political movements.This of course was before he forged his relationship with the Bushes and further lined their pockets with speaking tours and South American media trade offs.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

thats like saying, it was Texans who said we cant have a Catholic in the W.H,,,cause "his" allegience would be too the POPE,, and not America,,

ya same old , laundery,, just a different day.

ohh Kennedy Dallas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join