It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And our guest Speaker will be Simon Gray

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

My taste in music is quite varied to be honest, however I'm an R&B/Hip-Hop fan more than anything else.

I'm not keen on Greenday, sorry.

Everyones got a right to an opinion.

Thanks for replieing to my question Simon

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
hey, simon.
congrats on the website. (ditto, SO)

do you think this site puts you or any of it's users in danger(cause i sure do, HAHA!)? do you think there is 'a real conspiracy', and the cabal will eventually 'clean house' once they have legislated themselves the appropriate powers?
have there been attempts by outside agencies to censor ATS?

[edit on 16-11-2004 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Dear Simon,
What is your favorite conspiracy? You're my hero. *screams* Simon is sooooo cooooool!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I remember when he bought his first modem nearly 20 years ago for the bargain price of about $4000.

4 grand for a modem ???
That makes me grateful for the battered old acoustic coupler I got from work in 86.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

My taste in music is quite varied to be honest, however I'm an R&B/Hip-Hop fan more than anything else.

I'm not keen on Greenday, sorry.

i can picture a guy listening to rap while surfing ATS because i do it also

anyway, this is a great idea / thread...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I love the idea of this thread, but certainly will understand if you don't keep up with it for one reason or another.

Of the oodles of questions, here are the ones I figure I can ask, with the understanding that you may reasonably choose not to answer any of them:

1. Is Simon Gray your real name or a pseudonym?

2. What is your favorite conspiracy, and do you believe it to be true?

3. What stands out as the silliest conspiracy you've seen to date?

4. Based on what you've seen, do you believe that there are indeed shadowy groups intent on taking over the world?

5. If so, which one do you think has the best chance?

6. Boxers or briefs?

Thanks in advance whether you answer any of these questions or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
SimonGray is a pretty cool guy. I don't really know him but he's does an excellent job of running ATS. Suprisingly I got here only early this year when there were already countless members and I alreay feel right at home.

Hey Mr. Gray, what do you like to do when not managing ATS?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What type of Hip/Hop and R&B? Mainstream? Underground?

[Edited on 16-11-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Maybe Simon ought to just put up a bio.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

however I'm an R&B/Hip-Hop fan more than anything else.

ahh, after all the critisicm I get for listening to rap, finally someone on the board has a taste in rap and/or hip hop too.

Good to know

-TSK

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
ahh, after all the critisicm I get for listening to rap, finally someone on the board has a taste in rap and/or hip hop too.

Good to know

-TSK

Well, we all cant be perfect
Just kidding

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows

?? What about me?? There are alot of people that listen to rap and hip/hop on this board.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
?? What about me?? There are alot of people that listen to rap and hip/hop on this board.

I meant people like staff. Guess I should have been more specific :-/

Though, I can count on one hand the few people I know (member wise) that like rap, you and tRd are all I can think of at the moment.

-TSK

[edit on 11-16-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Uhmm.. Bandit is a staff member who likes Rap. and Hip Hop... In fact, I like Rap in Soca, Zouk, Reggae, Dancehall etc... That's what you call Cariibbean Rap. Even Rap in Merengue and Salsa sounds good too sometimes.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Uhmm.. Bandit is a staff member who likes Rap.

good
the more the better! speaking of rap, just got the new Snoop CD a few mins ago, good cd...so far.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I do not mind answering questions, most of the time people usually just use the U2U system. If anyone wants to ask something, fire away!

1. Can you give me a job?
2. Are you really a Grey as opposed to a Gray?
3. Can you fire all the Republican mods please?
4. Where did I leave my keys?
5. How many of your mods have you actually met?

In all honesty I wasn't expecting you to appear in here, I was hoping to get a yes regarding you being a guest speaker which would give me time to compile a set of real questions, if you don't mind U2U's maybe I will try again, I didn't get a response last time I sent you one.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Simon

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask a few questions...

Being fairly new to this board, my first impression of ATS was one of gratitude in finding a site that not only looked at some of the wildest claims that conspiracy addicts dream up, but also a news network that surpasses many, if not all, newspaper sites on the web.

This variance between actual news and educated comment sometimes jars with speculative postings of the third kind.

Knowing that ATS was born out of a single page about Area 51, it seems to me that speculation is its' birthright and that it should remain as the basic 'flavour' of the site. However, there has been some controversy in the manner of how ATS, through it's moderators and more active members, deal with some of the wilder claims posted, either in the interviews (which I love) or throughout the boards in general.

I mean, those posts which, although they cannot be proven, lend an occult flair, provoking musings and imaginative speculation.

What do you and SO see in the future of ATS...do you see a gravitational pull toward 'proof' oriented postings, discouraging speculation, or do you believe the wackos 'like myself' who still have our tinfoil hats handy, will continue to be have a glorious presence here in the coming years?

As ATS becomes more mainstream, and it will grow due to the awakening of the people of this planet through the access to the www, there will be a tendency toward the 'informed' and 'verifiable', and I view this as a threat to the 'Immanuel Velikovskys, Hapgoods and Sitchins' of this excellent site.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Really? Wow! So you're like... a normal person ! hehehe... I was picturing you like... listenning to "Alien music", whatever that might be lol... Or just listenning to radars and sattelite beeping sounds or something lol... Almost anything but "normal" music hehehe. BTW, I love your music taste.

So Simon IS human afterall.

(j/k)

For those who wants to learn more about the Creator, he had made an introduction thread (like anyone else) and had already answered a few questions in the past.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[Edited on 17-11-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
do you think this site puts you or any of it's users in danger(cause i sure do, HAHA!)?

have there been attempts by outside agencies to censor ATS?

No I honestly don't think this site puts individuals in physical danger, however we have "noticed" cases where ATS addiction is obviously taking it's toll...

We have been advised by certain societies and organisations to remove information under legal circumstances. (I'm not going to get in depth about these occurences so please don't ask.)

Originally posted by cpr12r
Dear Simon, What is your favorite conspiracy? You're my hero. *screams* Simon is sooooo cooooool!

Favorite conspiracy - The U.S. Government trying to disacknowledge the existence of a piece of land the size of Switzerland infamously known as Area 51.

Originally posted by Majic
Of the oodles of questions, here are the ones I figure I can ask, with the understanding that you may reasonably choose not to answer any of them:

1. Is Simon Gray your real name or a pseudonym?

2. What is your favorite conspiracy, and do you believe it to be true?

3. What stands out as the silliest conspiracy you've seen to date?

4. Based on what you've seen, do you believe that there are indeed shadowy groups intent on taking over the world?

5. If so, which one do you think has the best chance?

6. Boxers or briefs?

1. My real name is Simon Gray.

2. Look above, already answered.

3. Hmm.... same as above.

4. Absolutely. But in my opinion not in the blatantly apparent style of a "one-day takeover." John Kerry and George Bush are both Bonesmen, the U.S. was screwed either way!

5. I honestly have no idea how to answer this one. Doesn't the government already have total control over everything....

6. Boxers (Armani or Calvin Klein)

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Hey Mr. Gray, what do you like to do when not managing ATS?

Watching movies or going out with friends. Is that too common, should I say sitting in my attic listening to radio signals???

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
What type of Hip/Hop and R&B? Mainstream? Underground?

Mainstream. I've heard my fair share of underground and it really doesn't appeal to me. Lyrically, yeah, it can be cool, but it's the same old D&B in the background.

Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J. Petey Pablo and Lloyd Banks are regulars on the iPod. R.I.P. ODB.

Originally posted by Koka
1. Can you give me a job?
2. Are you really a Grey as opposed to a Gray?
3. Can you fire all the Republican mods please?
4. Where did I leave my keys?
5. How many of your mods have you actually met?

1. Financial sector
2. Gray
3. What's a mod...
4. How the hell should I know.
5. Classified

Originally posted by masqua
What do you and SO see in the future of ATS...do you see a gravitational pull toward 'proof' oriented postings, discouraging speculation, or do you believe the wackos 'like myself' who still have our tinfoil hats handy, will continue to be have a glorious presence here in the coming years?

ATS will always be a place of discussion. There will be the top-notch topics whereby a thesis is made, and then the board members join together, put down the beer hats, and work towards a conclusion. True, Possibility, Hoax.

I have no problem with wild speculation, but don't be surprised if the ATS "veterans" quickly stamp a HOAX on your thread if someone is out to just be problematic and troublesome to the cause of ATS.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You just answered one of the questions I dared not ask but someone else had the *nerve* to.

For some strange reason, your recent *open* participation has prevented me from turning to the *dark side*. Just kidding.

It's just that there are either an incredible number of morons posting here or just one or a few posing as multiple morons.

Question: Are you a meat eater or a vegetarian?

[edit on 17-11-2004 by sen5e]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join