It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying is Murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I found this site the other day following links related to the story out of Colorado about the 14 year old student who killed his math teacher. The content of the site explains how up to HALF of all mass shootings in the US are linked to "gang stalking", or bullying.

When I was growing up bullying wasn't too big a deal. I only ever encountered one person who tried to bully me. It was resolved once he and I went to blows. But today, the problem is much, much worse I feel with the prevalence of social media. We have all heard it. Stop bullying now, etc. There was a girl recently who ended her own life over cyber bullying. Its a shame. People seem outraged that the two girls are getting into serious trouble. But maybe with this data people can see why this is such a big deal.

gangstalkingismurder.wordpress.com...

Excerpt:

" Doctor Kenneth Westhues, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of Waterloo in Canada, is also a notable author, published in over a dozen languages. Westhues has written numerous books and articles on the subject of workplace and academic mobbing. He has proven a direct link between mobbing and mass shootings."

People like to speculate that mass shooters are mind control subjects, doped up on prescription drugs, etc. and while those things may be true to an extent I suppose, it appears that the truth of the matter hits much closer to home and is little more than a scathing indictment on how we treat our fellow man.

Please get the word out. The media seems to ignore this. Stop the damn bullying.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

JayinAR
I found this site the other day following links related to the story out of Colorado about the 14 year old student who killed his math teacher. The content of the site explains how up to HALF of all mass shootings in the US are linked to "gang stalking", or bullying.

When I was growing up bullying wasn't too big a deal. I only ever encountered one person who tried to bully me. It was resolved once he and I went to blows. But today, the problem is much, much worse I feel with the prevalence of social media. We have all heard it. Stop bullying now, etc. There was a girl recently who ended her own life over cyber bullying. Its a shame. People seem outraged that the two girls are getting into serious trouble. But maybe with this data people can see why this is such a big deal.

gangstalkingismurder.wordpress.com...

Excerpt:

" Doctor Kenneth Westhues, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of Waterloo in Canada, is also a notable author, published in over a dozen languages. Westhues has written numerous books and articles on the subject of workplace and academic mobbing. He has proven a direct link between mobbing and mass shootings."

People like to speculate that mass shooters are mind control subjects, doped up on prescription drugs, etc. and while those things may be true to an extent I suppose, it appears that the truth of the matter hits much closer to home and is little more than a scathing indictment on how we treat our fellow man.

Please get the word out. The media seems to ignore this. Stop the damn bullying.

Some how, I can't help pin some of the blame on the parents.

You don't know your childs a bully?

You don't know your childs being bullied?

Where the hell are you?

Oh right working 3 different jobs to try and survive...

So than you go to the next in line, Teachers and administrators.

ITS a failure of the adults to protect children, period, it needs to be addressed and stopped.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I support harsh punishment for ANY cases of cyber bullying against the impressionable minds of our youth.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

JayinAR
Plenty of evidence to back up the "doped up on prescription drugs" angle, though I'd hesitate on the mind control. Nealry every one of the kids that shot up their schools were on meds, and they weren't the type to be suffering from being bullied.

JayinAR
Agreed 100%

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yes, the kids show they aren't inclined to "suffering bullying" the moment they walk into school with firearms.

The link is made not only to kids shooting up schools, but also to workplace violence.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

When I was a child, parents watched their children and didn't treat the teachers as enemies but rather as fellow combatants. They talked, they compared notes.

Parents now want to be liked and be their kids best friends. How can you teach a kid respect when you don't act your age nor set a good example for your kids?

I place the blame squarely on the parents.

Your child is not special. Your child should be taught to treat everyone with respect regardless of how you were treated when you were a child. Be smarter than your parents and give/teach your child the tools and manners that they need to make their life EASIER.

I can't stand parents that care more about how they look then how well of a job they are doing.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I wonder if they drank fluoridated water?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Of course the parents are to blame for how their children act. That's a given.

But in the meantime, if there is a verifiable link here, it also needs to be addressed with the kids who commit the act of bullying.

We can't wait for generations to hope parents will learn to be better parents. The number is like 75% of the number of mass shootings in the US since 1960 have happened in the last 10 years.

I'm sick of reading about the atrocities. I'm sure everyone else is too.

That why awareness of this issue is critically important. Zero tolerance for cases of bullying. Harsh punishments. Parents, start doing your damn job and start raising decent kids.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

agreed there is a definite lack of parenting with kids these days.....

bullying is not exactly a new concept it has been going on for a long long time......im not really sure but I suspect the fact that people have access to much more powerful weapons enabling these mass shootings that we see today and the fact that media jump on these kind of acts.....there is also population explosion that could be a factor and obviously social media plays a role....

further to that remember when the movie trainspotting came out and the character digby glassed the guy in the pub.....never had I heard of such an incident in real life but sure enough after that movie it became a rampant issue ...so much so that after certain hours in pubs they are now serving plastic glasses

and as void hawk mentioned could meds be playing a significant role.....either way something needs to be done to address this type of violence..

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

superman2012

I wonder if they drank fluoridated water?

No, if they had they'd be too medicated to care

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by JayinAR

When I was a child, parents watched their children and didn't treat the teachers as enemies but rather as fellow combatants. They talked, they compared notes.

Parents now want to be liked and be their kids best friends. How can you teach a kid respect when you don't act your age nor set a good example for your kids?

I place the blame squarely on the parents.

Your child is not special. Your child should be taught to treat everyone with respect regardless of how you were treated when you were a child. Be smarter than your parents and give/teach your child the tools and manners that they need to make their life EASIER.

I can't stand parents that care more about how they look then how well of a job they are doing.

Teach by example!
Kids grow up basically copying their parents. I didn't force rules and regs down my kids throats, I just made sure they saw ME doing the right thing. Both my kids are now in their 30's and have NEVER been in trouble, so it worked.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There may be more powerful weapons, but how many times when you were younger did you even hear about a stabbing at a school? I never did.

Weapons are available if you are creative...even if you are not.

To blame the tool itself is looking at ways to justify these out of control kids behaviour, imo.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Parents who do not take care of their guns should go to jail if their children commit crimes with them.
Also, you are right (I may have misunderstood) guns can kill more people more quickly then knives can. It all falls on the parents though.
edit on 25-10-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

don't get me wrong in no way am I condoning this behaviour.....and I also agree when I was in school these acts were unheard of...we as kids were scared of the teachers (probably because back then they were allowed to use force to discipline us,and if they were not allowed they did anyway).....

I was just speculating on why these incidents seems to happen now almost like common practice....

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Dakota,

Perhaps some of these may shed some light on the issue:

Bullying!:

www.youtube.com...

Natural Born Bullies:

www.youtube.com...

If you can't watch the links, please copy them to watch at a time and place more condusive to viewing.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
As pointed out below my comnent was in poor taste.
edit on 26-10-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

liejunkie01
Kids need their azzes beat.

They know they wont get into any trouble.

The problem is that alot of "parents" teach their kids to get "respect".

Violence is everywhere. One way violence that is. Kids killing on video games and such.

A couple of backhands across the bullies face and I bet their attitude would change.

But we can't have that now can we? It's called child abuse.

This is what happens when parenting isn't allowed.

Now days parents have to worry about DCFS getting called if you punish your kids.

I told my son that if he is ever bullied at school that he has my ok to knock the kid on his azz. I also told him that if he starts the crap he is in big trouble. Sometimes a bully just needs a real good azzwhippen to put things in perspective.

But what do I know? Ive only dealt with a few (dozen) azzholes when I was younger.

I hear things like this and I weep.
This is EXACTLY the mentality that CREATES bullies or increases their need to act out upon others.
I HIGHLY recommend you watch the links I provided in my post that conclusively refute everything you said.
Of all the members who responded in this thread...you seem to need this information the most.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I know it seems like I beat my children.

I do not. I assure you.

My son is not a bully. As a matter of fact it is just the opposite.

I realize I could have worded my comment a little different.

It just makes me upset when I ferl that people are living on a different planet than everyone else.

The world is at a rough spot right now and peoples rose colored goggles are really fogged up because the "love thy neighbor" thing just does not work these days.

There is no easy fix. I live in the world where
some "expert" is generally making things worse because they are disconnected from the touth of today.

Sorry to make you weep. But parenting and discipline is a good place to start.

I read on another thread were people are in support of making bullying a felony offense.

Yep daddy government knows whats best for you and your childs future.

Again sorry. I ferl pretty strong about this subject.

I was bullied as a kid. Not now though. My son is.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

As was I.
Terribly bullied all throughout my life...

-The french bullied me because I am an anglo.
-The english bullied me because I am half-scot.
-The whites bullied me because I am half-black.
-The blacks bullied me because I am half-white.
-The religious bullied me because I became an atheist and refused to goto church.
-The cool kids bullied me because I was a nerd.
-My dad beat the snot out of me because I was always losing the many fights I was involved in.

and finally...

-They ALL bullied me when I became an anarchist.

Despite all this, I STILL know that "hitting a bully proper" doesn't fix this problem...it created it in the first place.
Yes, the key is in parenting and it is entirely the fault of the parents if their child becomes a bully but if your solution includes striking, then we will always disagree.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

benrl

Some how, I can't help pin some of the blame on the parents.

You don't know your childs a bully?

You don't know your childs being bullied?

Where the hell are you?

Oh right working 3 different jobs to try and survive...

So than you go to the next in line, Teachers and administrators.

ITS a failure of the adults to protect children, period, it needs to be addressed and stopped.

Rather ignorant if you excuse me saying so. Kids who are bullied are often too scared to mention it to anyone. Kids who bully don't want their parents finding out they are weak little scumbags too.

Common sense that those around the kids (at school) see the bullying going on but those who can't witness it first hand don't see it.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Stopping the bullying will Not solve the problem - because thats easy to say, too hard to implement.

THE PROBLEM is parents are not teaching the children to let this crap roll off their backs. Internet bullying is silly - If your child cannot distinguish between someones opinion and something they should really get upset about - they have no business being on the internet.

Teach them the internet is like a movie or tv show - it's not all real and factual - much of it is make believe - you have to look at everything told to you that way before you research to find the truth. Nothing people say to you over a social system should effect you in any way - just like the movies.

Live bullying is a little harder because it's someone actually in your face. You either need to teach your kids to fight back if it comes to blows for defense only ( get the upper hand but dont be the aggressor) or to ignore the thug and walk away. Even if it's a young teenager in school - I'd be more proud of my kid for returning a punch to tell that bully he's no easy target - even if he gets suspended, than see my kid walk away and continue to be bullied by the other kid.

How do you stop live bullying? You fight back. It's the Only way to make someone leave you alone while saving face and your pride.

Whats wrong with people today they don't want to teach the kids to defend themselves - thats just as damaging - many times more so - than the bullying itse;f because now the kid will be an easy target all his life because you the stupid parent taught the kid not to fight back.. i see it happen all the time. Not teaching your kid to defend himself is a BAD PARENT.

What would you rather have.. little Johnny have a bloody nose for a day or little johnny have a bloody nose every week? Go run and tell a teacher? Nope.. doesn't work, this will only cause the bully to resent the athority and continue to bully the kid more for it.
edit on 26-10-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join