It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians refuse to tip waiter because ‘homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Definitely agree... And what makes me sick is when you see them filling their young kids brains/hearts with this hate they feel for practically everything... Call me crazy, but I look at this as a form of child abuse. The kids aren't even getting a chance to live a normal life, they are being corrupted from their adolescents

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by OneManArmy

Definitely agree... And what makes me sick is when you see them filling their young kids brains/hearts with this hate they feel for practically everything... Call me crazy, but I look at this as a form of child abuse. The kids aren't even getting a chance to live a normal life, they are being corrupted from their adolescents

They are doomed to become their parents, just as their parents were doomed to be like theirs.
Its the cycle of ignorance, blaming everyone but themselves for their failings. To them, if everything is someone elses fault then they are happy with themselves.
But then it also must be very clear that westboro represents the very extreme end of ignorance and is in no way representative of the "faithful". They do shine a light on how a "peaceful" religious ideology can be used to justify pure unadulterated hate if taken to the extreme with people that are not very clever.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmFri, 25 Oct 2013 17:33:34 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If I was to over tip a pair of lesbian maids/servers, far more than i should for no reason.

Does that make me as bad as the other guys in a way?

Sure. I tipped them more, because I'm a pervert and because they are different.

Honest pervert vs. lesbophic religious nuts.

yes, i went there.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

GrantedBail
reply to post by Grimpachi

Nothing Jesustian about them They make their own rules. Right down to not feeding the poor.

I seriously despise them as a whole.

The Christians are the number one organization for feeding the poor. Where did you get that bit of misinformation?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

By the way you keep saying "Christs teachings) I bet you are new age or wiccan, used to be catholic and are on the warpath.

Correct? Dont lie.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

I can understand not believing in God. Why would he be an affront to you though? That's damn creepy.
edit on 25-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

seeker1963
The hate that is going around is getting out of control no matter what category of belief you want to talk about anymore.....

Yep.

Hate, when practiced as a team sport, is corrosive. Doesn't matter what team you are on.

When hate is practiced as a personal vendetta, It is a self fulfilling prophecy.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The restaurant also has the right to refuse service to anyone they choose.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I won't comment on the veracity of the story...rings partly true for me...

Shame though, that they would assume the cook wasn't gay...there's a can of worms...

Seems like any kind of filth can pass itself as followers of christs principles...

Å99
edit on 25-10-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Although they were wrong in doing that, if he wasn't flaunting his gayness how would they have known? It annoys me when many of them just have to let everyone know, "HEY LOOK AT ME IM QUEER"!!!!
Firepiston

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

iwilliam

"Verily, I say unto you, thou shalt treat all homosexuals like crap, make them become as slaves, serving you freely without compensation."

I mean, I guess they were just adhering to this most ancient and wise bible verse. Oh, wait, that's not in the bible. I just made that up. Just like they did. Disgusting.

Ok. So for purposes of replying to this comment alone I quickly made a new ats account as I forgot my old info. Anyways. That sounded almost like it could have been a quote from glados in portal. And that made me laugh. But that also made me realize how ridiculous it was for a group of people to write something like that to another person especially one who served them and be okay with themselves and THAT I didn't think was funny.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's stuff like this makes me wish the Christian mythology was actually true, and that the Rapture would happen to every single person on the planet that even just considers themselves to be just the tiniest bit Christian, Jew, and/or Muslim (since they all spring from the same source and are equally culpable in worldwide misery)

The planet would be much better off with dancing in the streets nightly once all the Christians and Abrahamic associations got magically swooshed away to whatever eternal reward they've been babbling about for Millenium.

Everyone wins.
Xians get what they want; an entire heaven full of people to talk about how persecuted they think they've been, Paradise, whatever.

Earth can finally get down to the business of living in peace for the first time ever since this culture of militant emo victimites stole their first story from Sumer, Babylon, and the Harappan/Vedic cultures.

A planet without Abrahamics; ah, now, there's a Heaven.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Global news? Hardly. However, I am not condoning the behavior of either group ( gay or christians ) nothing I saw in your news "snippet" suggests they are definitely christian, that being said, I will not bother to read the rest of the actual article, rather I will simply reply to your headline writing skills and the idiocy of the behavior that these supposed "christians" exhibited. Don't eat a complete meal and allow someone to waste their time serving you if you are offended by their overt behavior suggesting they are gay, I am certain they didn't just blurt it out. Second, whatever religion they practice they are hypocrites, if they claim to follow God and the teachings of God then they are lying, God doesn't discriminate, at least my HIGHER power doesn't and I don't practice any religion. I have been a server before and I really didn't care what religion, color or creed my customer's were, I still served them to the best of my ability, because that was my job. I wonder how those people would have felt if the server suggested they didn't serve "religious" freaks or gave them crappy service on purpose because they decided to preach during dinner.

Ps.

A better way to present this issue would have been, " Customers refuse to tip excellent service because of sexual orientation and homophobic tendencies".

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This story is out of Overland Park, Kansas.
Westboro Baptist Church is out of Topeka, Kansas
That's only like an hour away, right?
Maybe some of the Westboro nutters spilled over into Topeka from Overland Park.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Don't believe everything you read in the news. Even if it was true, who cares, last time I checked we're still a free country right? If you don't like the server or the service you still have the right to not tip. And of course it would only be a christian that would make the news. Never any other faith or type of person who's being the bad guy. Get real.
edit on 26-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I hope they go back for another meal....it will contain the pee and spit they deserve.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Ah yes the world would be a better place for sure...we could then get down to the real business of reaching for the stars and becoming gods.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Jesus... just as I thought, this thread is flooded with bashers.

Let me explain exactly why this thread is bunk.

1 - If we were talking about those gay rights activists who beat the hell out of two protesting pastors, this thread wouldn't make it past page one, and it'd likely get closed or tossed in the trash bin.

2 - Bible bashers don't need any more fuel. I already hear enough flak from ex-friends about how evil I am for believing in God. I'm not even a Christian, I'm a non-demoninational believer... but because I'm not an Atheist, somehow I'm lumped together with the Westboro Baptist Church.

3 - I don't know if you lot have read the other "most popular topic right now" threads, but I assure you, there are more important things going on. I've been at the end of a lot of acts of discrimination for being alternative and wearing spikes, but that wouldn't have made news. Only homosexual and/or black controversy matters, right?

I personally couldn't care less about homosexuality.

I don't hate it, and I don't advocate it. I don't care what they do.

There are more important things to worry about, like Fukushima, or Syria, or radiation hitting the west coast and possibly turning our rain into acid rain...

This is NOT news, folks.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

swanne

Hm, as an atheist, I'm friend with a christian, who happens to be pro-homosexual. The guys in your OP might not represent the rest of the genuinely christian community.

edit on 25-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

It may not represent the rest of Christianity, but one of the last real obstacles gays have to equal rights is the large group of Christians who relate. Maybe they wouldn't leave a note themselves, but they feel every word in the note.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How did they know the waiter was homosexual? Was he engaging in same sex at the waiter's station between serves? I've known some very effeminate guys and very butch girls who were heterosexual.

Besides the idiocy of every aspect of this, it sounds like people who felt bad about themselves and were simmering over the perceived national acceptance of gay rights and went out to voice their opinions in a passive aggressive manner.

Hypocrisy and dogmatic religion are inseparable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join