It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians refuse to tip waiter because ‘homosexual lifestyle is an affront to God’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

You are so right. Genuine Christianity is loving and tolerant.

Fundamentalism, not so much.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Whether or not this particular story is true, many servers in the restaurant industry dislike dealing with the church lunch crowd as they are frequently difficult to deal with and are notoriously poor tippers.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The problem is, most people confuse christians with catholicism. The truth is that many true christians reject the Vatican's authority, including its position on homosexuality and all those issues.

True christians remember that Jesus "fulfilled" the Laws of God, meaning that many laws in the Old Testament don't apply anymore (including ban on homosexuality and the ban on eating seafood). The only law that applies is to love one another (the law which Jesus set forth so to replace the old Laws).

edit on 25-10-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

How on earth does stuff such as this just come up, when waiting tables?

paws

Talk about worsening the stereotyping.

# 71

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It is amusing seeing the posters in total denial that someone from their faith would do such a thing. If any of you clicked on the links you would see the local news picked up on the story and would have seen the story where the pastor gyped her waitress saying she already gives to god why should she have to tip. With the pastors case she wrote it on her credit receipt and the waitress posted it minus the numbers online. I would bet this waiter also has the credit card receipt with the note but isn’t posting it online but I bet he showed it to the news crew.

Stay in denial if you want but it doesn’t make it less true.
You know I thought about posting one of them many many pics where Christians have protested holding signs saying God hates fags, turn or burn but we have all seen them before.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yet another example of how to spread God's love.
Gotta love it.
This brings back memories of the good old day of the Inquisitions.
"You had better join our movement for peace and love or we will beat you to death."

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You dont have to respond but I have a few questions.

I notice you have a diverse interest in types of news topics. May I ask what led you to this story?

How did you wind up at Fox Cincinnati?
How did this story draw your interest over the other stories?

And why does FOX get away with anon sources but yet I cant say anything on ATS without a link to support it?
edit on 25-10-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Grimpachi
It is amusing seeing the posters in total denial that someone from their faith would do such a thing.

I'm not christian, I'm atheist. I know what I'm talking about, since I actually know alot of christians (genuine ones, not the "christians" in your OP). Like, a ridiculous amount of christians. I know how many of them think.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Based in the assumption that this sorry really happened, then this type of discriminatory behavior is WRONG.

Imagine the outcry if the same note said that they refused to tip because the person was asian or muslim. The people are obviously mean stooges, but they should have kept their prejudiced and plain dumb thoughts to themselves. It's easier for the waiter to think that the customers are just mean tightwads than have to hear that they won't to because they think he is gay.

And no, this is totally not Christian behavior. Jesus taught to turn the other cheek. Tipping is a part of what you do when you eat out at restaurants and the like.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Oh don't blame it on the Catholics. I have first hand knowledge of the supposed teachings of Paul and his followers about the "unclean".

Real Christians that follow the teachings of Christ , would not subscribe to those interpretations.

However, the teachings of Jesus have been twisted around for use by those that have an agenda. They have many followers.

Don't get me started. I could spam this thread with bullcrap spewed by these nutcases.
edit on 25-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Grimpachi
It is amusing seeing the posters in total denial that someone from their faith would do such a thing. If any of you clicked on the links you would see the local news picked up on the story and would have seen the story where the pastor gyped her waitress saying she already gives to god why should she have to tip. With the pastors case she wrote it on her credit receipt and the waitress posted it minus the numbers online. I would bet this waiter also has the credit card receipt with the note but isn’t posting it online but I bet he showed it to the news crew.

Stay in denial if you want but it doesn’t make it less true.
You know I thought about posting one of them many many pics where Christians have protested holding signs saying God hates fags, turn or burn but we have all seen them before.

Im not a christian and Im not in denial.
This is a thread that does nothing but incite hatred.
Newsflash: THERE ARE IGNORANT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
Like muzzleflash said.. how is this news?

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

GrantedBail
However, the teachings of Jesus have been twisted around for use by those that have an agenda. They have many followers.

The Vulgate (the latin version, which translated "Jesus the morning star" to "Lucifer").

Francis Bacon. The "enlighten one" (scientist) who translated the Bible to english.

The modern english version: "fear me" (referring to God) instead of "respect me".

So many things went wrong in the translations... accidents? I believe not.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

OneManArmy

muzzleflash

Grimpachi
reply to post by muzzleflash

Maybe because FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather reported on it. Do you think they may have fact checked it?

It is in the OP source.

Fact checked???
More like Fabricate.
Hah!

No names nothing.
Everyone remains anon.

No proof, no facts, nothing but smoke!

Dont get choaked by the FOX's propaganda cloak.

Yeah and dont get stoked, there is no fire, its all smoke,
and mirrors on the wall, facing fools, disgracing all,
embraced in hate, they bite and retaliate,
giving life to the evil, that seeks to deceive all.

This is a steady bickering of the masses..
I can see that..I don't need those glasses..
Thick black smoke to consume your mind
Forget about love, it seems left behind

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

A few months ago I went to a lecture by Michio Kaku at the college nearby and outside the lecture hall there were a couple different groups handing out materials and I filled out a few questionnaires. Now I am on about a dozen E-Mail lists. Some of the info is interesting then some is just garbage but I am laid up right now from a major surgery bored out of my mind reading different articles.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

GrantedBail

Because someone finally called them on their crap.

Don't act surprised.

Those people are an affront to the teachings of Jesus.

Amen,haha. I have ZERO trouble believing that story.

Jesus was apparently fine with the extreme poor, prostitutes, thieves
Charlatans murderers etc and never said a single word about
homosexuality in the New Testament...However, many of his followers
like to put words in his mouth and take actions I'm pretty sure he wouldn't .

edit on 25-10-2013 by sealing because: More

edit on 25-10-2013 by sealing because: Less

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

swanne

Grimpachi
It is amusing seeing the posters in total denial that someone from their faith would do such a thing.

I'm not christian, I'm atheist. I know what I'm talking about, since I actually know alot of christians (genuine ones, not the "christians" in your OP). Like, a ridiculous amount of christians. I know how many of them think.

The reality is that 75% of Americans identify as Christian so given ANY behavior boorish or exemplary in the U.S. there is a 3 out of 4 chance it was done by someone calling themselves a "Christian."

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So, should i ask every waiter if they believe in god and then refuse to tip them if they say yes?

regardless if you tip or not this lack of compassion for other humans is ridiculous

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Grimpachi

A few months ago I went to a lecture by Michio Kaku

Ah, the guy who thinks that looking at an object can make this object appear out of nothingness (a common misinterpretation of the quantum theory). Kaku also claimed to have invented String Theory, which was in fact created by Leonnard Susskind. It was BTW susskind who came up with the idea to bound those strings in branes . In his book on String Theory (available in book stores), Susskind explains that he found the idea while eating noodles. He also reports complaints from his wife since he was busier than ever working on his new theory. I can't believe Kaku had the balls to steal Susskind's credit.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

That's cool.

The lecture was on the possible future of technology over the next 30 years.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I seriously despise them as a whole.

Very disheartening to see such a blanket statement applied.

My faith in humanity is even more damaged noting the amount of people that endorsed such a gross statement.

A great Purging is coming to this earth and that statement with all it's backing in the spirit of spitefulness served to remind me why.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join