It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human-Sized Salamander That Smells Like Pepper

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

It may have been possible but there is no way to know for certain.

It is possible that they originated in China and people brought them over to Japan when they migrated. A fossil of its ancestor was found on the border of Switzerland in 1726 so at one time these creatures were far more common in the world. Considering plate tectonics they probably migrated to Japan when it was still connected to mainland China somewhere between (25-15 Ma).

I do not think it is possible to find where it actually originated from on earth or how it migrated we can only guess how it may have survived things like ice ages by observing how other creatures cope with similar conditions.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I rescued a tiger salamander from getting squished on the road during a thunderstorm in Wyoming. It was the size of a cat. No lie.

But THOSE are awesome. I sooooo want one as a pet.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Holy smokes that thing is huge....! What an incredible ancient beauty of times past... f/s OP ...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
That's pretty cool! Weird that it smells like pepper. I guess if you grilled or cooked it you would just add salt.

We have something similar here in our lakes & rivers called a Hellbender(water dog). I caught one when I was fishing back in '90 that was almost 4 feet long. It was nowhere near as big as the one you posted, though. They're a cross between salamanders, catfish and eel. Strange creatures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join