It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BRICS Countries To Build Their Own Internet Infrastructure (good news for bitcoin)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
BRICS countries are close to completing a brand new Internet backbone
that would bypass the United States entirely...

The so-called Emerging Economies – the BRICS countries – have decided to build their own Internet infrastructure, circumventing American and European wiretapping points. While this is mostly skillful geopolitical play, it spells opportunity for civil liberties online that should be harnessed.

www.privateinternetaccess.com... ce/

They say it is to stop U.S. spying but it more than that. The BRICS cable was already in development months before the revelations of whistleblower Edward Snowden first became public in June. It is clear there is a huge shift in power coming.... these emerging economies want more autonomy and this is the logical place to start.

This is good news for Bitcoin.

It means the U.S. Government won't be able to shut down the crypto-currency and could led to its wider adoption. If Bitcoin really does become a threat to the dollar, and the dollar were displaced, the world would be better off as a result. Money would be returned to the market whence it came and leave the grasping hands of the political and financial elite who use their monopoly to exploit the rest of us. No more inflation, no more business cycles, no more multi-trillion dollar bailouts. Money would be private property, with a complete separation between money and the state.

Whether the U.S. Government likes it or not, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are the future of money. Just as email and texting displaced the U.S. post office, and cell phones have displaced the wall phone the government used to install for us, cryptocurrencies could become the preferred medium for conducting exchange in the age of the Internet. Indeed, with the BRICS new Internet, that prospect has been a certainty. Capital is more mobile than ever and will, over time, tend to seek out liberal jurisdictions over those that regiment every aspect of commerce.

The U.S. has a very bad habit, one that stands in complete contradiction to the very idea of liberalism. Its most fundamental tenet is that anything that is not heavily regulated probably should be completely illegal. The notion that stuff should just be permitted to happen and take its own shape in the course of trading and competition and the like is just not part of the mindset of an imperial paranoid state like the U.S..

The U.S. can slow down the trend but it can’t stop it. Cryptocurrency will find a home and it will be the one that is most welcome. The nations that punish it will die and those that welcome it will thrive. Ultimately, cryptocurrency could erase borders and free humanity from the chains of state economic control. Look to those regions like these BRICS countries that are, for now, open to genuine progress.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is a joke, right?

China has one of the most controlled and monitored internet capabilities on the planet.

Regards

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I think the OP is talking about the actual physical connections. Currently the vast majority of communications for South America runs through the US as there are no lines that directly connect South America with Africa, Europe or SE Asia. A good way to go if you want to bypass the US completely.
edit on 24-10-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So, this is how BRICS partners, Russia and India, Intend to try and kill the US dollar?

trading in bitcoin, instead of ruble or rupee.

India and Russia look to partner on oil and gas exploration

Also, brings to mind, the US silk road shake down. where the US seized about 26,000 bitcoins worth about $4 million. Yes I know there was illegal activities going on.

Silk Road

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

paraphi
This is a joke, right?

China has one of the most controlled and monitored internet capabilities on the planet.

Regards

The price of a Bitcoin (BTC), the much-discussed and highly volatile crypto-currency, has topped $200 for only the second time in its history. This was likely abetted by the optimism that Baidu – often referred to as China’s Google – inspired when it began accepting BTC as payment for a subsidiary service.

www.wired.com...

China is clearly interested in bitcoins. It’s now the number-two source of downloads of the peer-to-peer client software that powers the bitcoin network.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Anyway, Bitcoin is just another scam as far as I can see. The value has risen so much because of speculation, not only by people who feel that conventional money is problematic, but also by people who are just out to make speculative profit.

Bitcoin may sound like a good idea, but if you really sit down and think about it, it is not - at least from a "real economy" perspective.

Oh well, I'm off to do some "mining" and make money from nothing. Do I expect my nothing to have some value in the long-term? No, not really.

Regards

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
sheeatttt ah I'm too wasted on home made wine to knwo. but anything htat spells bermuda beaches, and home made wine, that bucks the system I'm all for. . Ya bitcoin. I LOVE IT. NO i REALLY LOVE IT. Like wow to think there might be a way to live free for our life time at least then it need to be used and taken advantage of. I'm gonna do it. What else is ther but being a sheeple.

top topics

join