It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Website Contractor: “It Didn’t Work When I Tested It”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Yes, to build the web site it was littler over 1 billion dollar, but the government contracted over 40+ companies to implement Obamacrap, I believe it was 16 billions overall that Sibelious had available for the whole program initiative.

I got this not from a web site but from the news media when she was asked to tell what happen to the billions that went into Obamacare implementation in the coming hearings.

Sorry if I made a mistake of the cost of the web site vs the cost of the overall implementation.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks for the explanation. This thing is a boondoggle and money pit! It was never meant to work, just completely screw up our healthcare system so we would demand a REAL fix! They have the fix all ready to implement just as they have new legislation ready whenever there is a crime involving guns. We just have to be made to demand the change they want to see.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I truly believe that the hole crap will fail, but then legislation will be made to make it even worst that already is, because after all this is supposed to be Obama presidency legacy along with the mammoth immigration bill.

The administration rather bankrupt the nation that admitting failure.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

marg6043
Ok, people spare me the you know how much is takes to build a big database and web site

THAT is a lame excuse when in reality the contractors have ample time and billions at their disposition to hire the "best of the best" to get the site ready and working in time.

The fault? I blame the government for waste and abuse of tax dollars awarded to piece of crap contractors

I blame the corrupted contractors that took billions of dollars and again used it for waste and abuse rather than doing the job they were hired to do

I am so done with all the blame back an forward, were are the billions of dollars that were awarded to all the 40+ contractors the government gave away to have the Obamacrap implemented.

Again [b]"spare me none sense blame"

Somebody needs to take responsibility, plain and simple.

You are making many assumptions.

Do you in fact know that the contractors had ample time?

Have you ever had to put together a large complex website with multiple servers that has to connect to many different legacy government systems?

You make it sound like they could just throw money and programmers at it to solve the problems.... it's not that easy.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Is not excuse about the lack of priority within the contracting business, neither the fact that government is not always involved and sometimes on ever involved on where and how the money is been used once is awarded, .

Waste and abuse is not new within the government and contracting businesses actually is plenty of scandals to prove the amount of incompetence.

The government will not be doing inquiries in congress right now to find out what went wrong with the web site if the contractors were that competent.

No excuse and nowhere to hide, if they were not able to meet death lines they should have say so, no hide it until it was too late.

No, excuse what so ever.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I understand all that you said, but that still doesn't excuse them from it not working. Websites should work, period. Especially ones you spend a Billion on.

The Medicare Part D roll out had a lot more moving parts and it rolled out overall pretty well from the start. I was there for it, helping people sign up. It wasn't nearly the Cluster that you see here.

Somebody made some very very poor choices very late in the game...... we need to find out who that person was.

I don't blame the programmers, it's was somebody else throwing a wrench into the machine.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

In the contracting business the contractors after getting awarded their bids try to save as much money as they can to safeguard profits, this means relegating the blame to those they hired under pay.

The question is where is the money and how it was used, but as usual to hide the incompetence of the government they will hide everything under the rug and we will only know that somebody got to pay for the failure but not the ones that caused, higher up in the pyramid.

Typical, transfer of guilt.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Oh I'm not saying that there isn't blame to go around.

But don't be so quick to blame the contractor.

Let's see who's actually to blame...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join