It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question For All Marines, Fromer And Active Duty.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i was skimming through news today and came across this.
exclusive News Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

The thin new covers have a feminine line that some officials think would make them look just as good on female marines as on males — in keeping with the Obama directive.

now when i was in, you didn't mess with any ones cover. all Marines knew that. my cammie cover had so much starch on it. that it was all most like a box. i know you guys remember that. and my blues cover had to be just so, so.
remember how the frame could get all cattywompus, i would always try and center it and would even try to measure it.

knowing how we all respect tradition, how do you feel about this, not just only the cover change they want.
but this statement.

Thanks to a plan by President Obama to create a “unisex” look for the Corps,

i wonder what would be next.

it says that

Marines have until Friday to cast their votes on whether to adopt them or keep the old hat with modifications. Marine Corps head Gen. James Amos will make the final decision.

so how would you vote.

edit on 24-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: More links in case first one doesn't work again.
Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

Obama May Force Marines to Wear Girly Hats

Obama Wants Devil Dogs Marine To Wear Girly Hats

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How does one even conceive of ideas like this?

"Oh, I know! We could get all the marines to dress up like little girls! Yeah, that will work."

Every day now it seem they are just pushing people a little more. Could be losing health care, food stamps, or in this case forcing our men to wear girly hats. Then all of a sudden, "snap."

And, it looks like the Marine on the far right is wearing blush? Is that also a requirement?
edit on 10/24/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: utter disbelief

Oh, my vote is "No thank you, ma'am, er, sir."
edit on 10/24/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: vote

edit on 10/24/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

so i take it you vote no.
that's 2

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
THANK GOD SOME ONE TOOK NOTICE. THIS NEW HAT IS A GESTAPO/GENDARME DESIGN. MILITARY POLICE.....

Looks bad. I hate it.
But is that it. Does Obama want a Gestapo? And are the marines going to do that job?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Why the hell is Obama so concerned about the style of cover the Marines are wearing?

My vote us a definite no. I really hated those green silk PT shorts, I would vote to get rid of those things for sure.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This was well thought out, and studied intensely, a long time ago...

at the Kremlin.

edit on 24-10-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wwi wwii. WAC women aux corp. WAV women's aux Volunteer. Give the women a wider brim then..

Why align our uniforms to the Gestapo look given history.

Further more! How much is this gonna cost!
NO MONEY FOR VETS. MOST FORWARD SERVING TROOPS STILL DON'T HAVE THE PROPER PROTECTION. LIKE BALLISTICS VEST.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
going by responses.
5 no's

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I agree with you. I can not look at them and feel intimidated. They look also like. Wimpy french foreign legions.

BLUSH......don't ask, don't tell.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Bigburgh because: dont ask! don't tell!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
GOOD LUCK MEN GETTING A DATE TO THE MARINE CORP BALL! NOT LOOKING LIKE THAT.

EDIT: ladies you always look good and god bless!

EDIT EDIT: e hem...if there are any ladies here in the service...I would happily join you to the ball

EDIT EDIT EDIT: but that will be on the corps birthday but will take place on sat the 9th 2013. So get asking

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm former Army but want to weigh in anyways. It's just a uniform and a hat at that. What's the big deal? It doesn't even look that bad, kind of has that French Foreign Legion look to it.

Also something looking "girly" is only based off of cultural stigmas. Before the Army adopted berets for all military and not just Special Forces, the only people who wore them were French people and women. So one can easily say that the beret look was "girly" as well. Now it looks fine and natural whenever you see an Army soldier passing you.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Doesn't the president have more important thing to work on beside changing the military uniforms. Maybe he has been pressured by the First Lady.

Edit:

What is next, an official Marine Corp umbrella?
edit on 10/24/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

OK I'll tone it down.. true about the berets. But why this and now. It's a bit of an eye sore. But that's me.
And thank you for your service.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

WTF???

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
count now stands 6 no, 1 yes/what does it matter.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Let's be perfectly clear. They are still marines. I dare not disrespect the uniform/soldier. Male or female...marines, army, air force...they will still kick my butt in a pinch. And risk life and limb for our country.

Wear what they will.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

is that a no, or are you calling me out?
are you active or former?

i didn't come up with it,according to the story obama did. as a Marine you know how we hold traditions. i'm just asking what you think.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sat the 9th 2013. I'm available for the ball. I'll see how the cover looks. Though it's generally removed indoors.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You know the thing that would really suck about being President is all the crap that gets lumped in you. Does anybody really think Obama has any input into any uniform the military has? That job belongs to the services and pentagon. I get the President is the Commander in Chief and technically the buck stops their but, the idea any President in micro managing uniform choices is silly. Of course every time they change any uniform nobody seems to like it until they just get used to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join