It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TN officer fired after shooting, pepper spraying squirrel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
www.firstcoastnews.com...

Just goes to show, Barney Fife lives. Frakking moron.

I for one am in the minority, as I *adore* squirrels. If I ever caught some idiot shooting at, then macing and pepper spraying, and then shooting at again and finally killing the poor thing, I'd beat the living crap out of that person. No living creature deserves that.

Because, you know, the squirrel was armed. Posed a threat to the officer. Oh, and to the store shoppers too. Just look here!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

Yup, saw that coming after I read the original article. I'm just glad Andy only gave him 1 bullet.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hey just like they say in Cincinnati, "The officers have every right to defend themselves".

I deplore the unnecessary harming of any animal. It takes a small person to harm a defenseless animal.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I love them too...smart, quirky, precious people that they are, and they do nothing worse than maybe steal your birdfood. We have red squirrels where I live that are smaller and cuter.,,,just beautiful. This idiot deserves to be booted out of his job at the very least. I can't stand cruelty, especially to animals.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I used to have a pet squirrel named Nuts.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Dakota,

I love squirrels as well. I have been feeding some of them for years now and they respond to my voice almost like a pet. Even the offspring of the offspring of the first ones I fed remain near my home all year round. I call them and in a matter of a minute, 3-4 will come bounding across the field.
I can sit right beside (two of) them and they have no fear. They all have names and some of them have even display "personality"...enough that I can even tell them apart at a distance.
I sit on the porch...have my coffee...put down some nuts and just hang as they run all around (and sometimes over) me.
That said...five-oh got off easy.
I find it ironic that he wasn't fired for negligent discharge of a firearm of accidently pepper spraying everyone in the store.
He was fired because he didn't file a report.
If he HAD...he'd probably have only faced suspension with pay (a.k.a.: paid vacation) and maybe some "sensitivity training" from PETA.

(I'm sure the joke excuse given before it got serious was: "But chief, they're SUCH good eatin'...")

Aside from that...looks like business as usual in the gulag Amerika.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So the officer was fired for engaging a squirrel.

Why don't officers get fired for executing civilians? They get treated like heroes.

Amurikkk is arse backwards

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So, apparently shooting recklessly inside a store and spraying pepper spray, making everyone inside sick, isn't enough to get a cop fired.

He got canned for not filling out the proper paperwork.

In Mountain City, when an officer fires their weapon, they have to report it to a supervisor and make a written statement.

Putnam refused to file the report. That is a violation of department policy and for that reason, the town's Board of Mayor and Alderman fired him.

First Coast News

I guess if he HAD done the proper paperwork and followed through with police procedures, they probably would have given him a commendation for his actions.

edit on 10/24/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

SomethingsJustNotRight

So the officer was fired for engaging a squirrel.

Ni Hao,

Must have been one of those "terrorist" squirrels.
The cop saw the turban and thought he was an "Al-Kinda" about to blow his nuts off.
Then the SHTF...

Officer D-bag: "LOOK OUT...HE'S GOT A BOMB!"
Clerk: "I dunno...looks like a cashew to me."
(Gunfire erupts)
Clerk: "ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR MIND?!?"
Officer D-bag: "Nah, I can just plant a gun on him later. Crazy people don't do that do they?"

-Amitaba-
edit on 24-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 24-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The only good squirrel is a dead one.
They are the major cause of hydro outages, and are mostly mangy.
I applaud the officer's actions. If he likes, he is welcome to come to my place and get rid of the pesky little rodents cluttering up my yard.
Cue the outraged squirrel lovers 3,2,1

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Cynic
The only good squirrel is a dead one.
They are the major cause of hydro outages, and are mostly mangy.
I applaud the officer's actions. If he likes, he is welcome to come to my place and get rid of the pesky little rodents cluttering up my yard.
Cue the outraged squirrel lovers 3,2,1

Not from me you won't.
The callous indifference you display is simply a lack of empathy.
To hate you for this is the same as hating a child because he/she wasn't raised with proper respect for life. This is entirely the fault of your parents, not you.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Last night (Please take into consideration that i live in France), i saw White house down for the first time...

The squirrel in that scene scared me silly... horredous, vicious little buggers that they are... they will go for your neck... worse than the walkers from the Walking Dead and even when you stick a crow bar through their head they still keep on coming back at you!

Squirrels are bad mothers... worse than pink gerbils (but that is another story if you check out my posting history).

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. I would like to underline that i am a veterinary surgeon and in no way would i harm a squirrel...

Although i must admit that they are pretty good marinated overnight in Mad Dod sauce and then slowly cooked on the BBQ slowly for 1 hour at 130°c.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I don't see why he should be fired. He was facing eminent danger and he had to act fast. And he killed the sheat out of that squirl thus protecting all of my man kind as we know it. He should have gotten his s-killing marriet badge!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Rodinus
Last night (Please take into consideration that i live in France), i saw White house down for the first time...

The squirrel in that scene scared me silly... horredous, vicious little buggers that they are... they will go for your neck... worse than the walkers from the Walking Dead and even when you stick a crow bar through their head they still keep on coming back at you!

Squirrels are bad mothers... worse than pink gerbils (but that is another story if you check out my posting history).

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. I would like to underline that i am a veterinary surgeon and in no way would i harm a squirrel...

Although i must admit that they are pretty good marinated overnight in Mad Dod sauce and then slowly cooked on the BBQ slowly for 1 hour at 130°c.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

Dude, squirrels are THE CUTEST little things in the world !!!

I know, I know, I am unique in my view of them. To me though, any animal that can do a 360 degree turn on the side of a tree is absolutely A-OK in my book
We've got a squirrel swing / feeder right outside a prominent window where we can watch all the squirrels, birds that eat there too, and the hummingbirds that come to the hummingbird feeder we have right there. Love it

So, France, ehh?
What part? I've got GREAT friends, in Paris...actual real live Frenchies!!! And they ADORE it when I call them frogs

But they're awesome folks. He's from Lyon originally if I remember correctly, and she's a Paris native. They lived here in the states for a few years, then went back to Europe (he's the head of a pretty big construction firm) and worked rebuilding parts of Krakow while they lived in Berlin, and only recently moved back to Paris.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of France are you from?

top topics

join