It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer fan problems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

The temperature after downloading one of those programs is supposedly 45c

Also to answer your question, my computer is a laptop.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Monitor that temperature. If it get anywhere near 60-70c, your fan should cut up to High Speed mode. Also check your power options and note if its in high performance mode. If so, the fan will come into high speed more often to reduce heat

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Alright, thank you so much for information. If anything, I have learned something out of this.

I will monitor the temperature and see what it does.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

aye, let us know how it goes

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Alright so I played music software again and it got above the 70c mark. It didn't kick on high.

I have the fan and paste on it's way? Anything else I should do that isn't too expensive?
edit on 28-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

make sure the fan is SPECIFICALLY for your model laptop.. Also take off the bottom of the laptop and get some canned air and BLOW THE HELL OUT OF IT.. I mean every single nook and cranny you can. Get it clean as a whistle. When you think its clean, it can still be done more! You might look into SpeedFan utility for further monitoring on what CoreTemp wont show. I think you might even be able to adjust fan speeds with that. Did you check the High Performance mode on the power options utility??

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yeah I put it on High Performance and the fan still didn't kick in.

I'm just really happy that the fans and paste are so durn cheap.

O.K...

1. Paste
2. Fan
3. Air can

Check.

What's crazy is the can of air is the most expensive thing on the list.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

LOL funny isnt it?? those cans get expensive when you gotta buy a lot, especially for the government when deployed

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yeah it just goes to show why having an air compressor would be a good investment if you used it all the time.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Alternatively, if you think you'll be going through cans of compressed air like water, then we have a tool thats used daily out here in the sand. Its a handheld portable air compressor. You may want to consider getting that instead. Normally the ones we purchased were around 55$ on amazon IIRC

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Alright so I played music software again and it got above the 70c mark. It didn't kick on high.

I have the fan and paste on it's way? Anything else I should do that isn't too expensive?
edit on 28-10-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

Here is some guidance for replacing the thermal paste.
www.instructables.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I doubt a fan off newegg is going to fit inside your laptop. Usually the best place to get OEM parts for laptops is from the OEM. The fan for you laptop is going to be specific to your model. Once you get specs for your fan you can try looking for cheaper alternatives from mcmaster or other places. Time wise It will be quicker to get it from HP.

I doubt the paste is an issue unless you have removed the heatsink from the CPU in the past. If you have the good stuff on the way you might need it for your laptop disassembly. HP fans are normally replaceable without removing the motherboard or heatsinks though.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

staple
I doubt a fan off newegg is going to fit inside your laptop.

I don't know about newegg, but the company where I work has been buying parts from two (Portuguese) companies that also sell to the public, and they sell everything, as long as we give them the make and model of the laptop.

I doubt the paste is an issue unless you have removed the heatsink from the CPU in the past.

I have seen some processors almost without any thermal paste because of the high temperatures they were running at, with the paste with dark areas and bubbles.

Today's CPUs are very resistant to high temperatures.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join