It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth on heavy bombardir! 3 Meteor and 2 Bolides strike in 1 day (California get twice, DaynNight)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The event happen at

1.MI WI IL

23OCT2013 Brad Schultz Morley, MI, USA 7:24am eastern time zone maybe ten seconds Facing North Bright streaking light Bright, not sure had a tail bright, had a tail, looked like a comet

23OCT2013 Lynda Northville,Michigan,USA Eastern, 7:14 AM 3 seconds SW-NW White trail of light Moon brightness Tail was slightly orangish white Saw same thing 22Oct2013 at same time of AM going N-S

2.CA WA OR (The second event)

Initial Meteor Sighting Reports-
23OCT2013 Nancy Pease Grass Valley,CA, USA 06:25/pacific time/a.m. 5 seconds Facing North; the object travelled East to West bluish white with tinge of green very bright; brighter than the moon and larger than Venus started out as 1 object and broke into 3 My 17 year old son was in the car with me and saw the objects too.

23OCT2013 Noel FRENCH CAMP, CA 6:23:00 7 secs Driving north on I-5, at 9:30 in the sky traveling from east to west I thouht it was an ariplane, lasted 7 seconds or so, and then broke into two/three segments, bright white flash, then nothing A low flying airplane in a dark sky, fairly bright Yes, at least two large and several smaller I was driving and noticed what I thought was a low flying aircraft (the lights) but was treveling much faster than it should when it broke into two pieces+ and flashed brightly before disappearing in the sky

3. Colorado

Initial Meteor Sighting Reports-
23OCT2013 Joe Bellvue,CO, USA 2128pm 10 seconds N-W/S-E Very large and very white Bright moo. No No

23OCT2013 Rocky Idaho Springs, CO Mountain time 21:25 5 W-E facing E No sound, white slight red following Bright as welding arc No fragmentation Minimal to no trail following and abrupt disappearance

4.Parana , brazil

Hi!!! I received a report that many people saw, few hours ago, two big bolides crossing the sky in Maringá, a city of Paraná State, Brazil.

With my best regards.

lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...
edit on 24-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
S&F Intriguing!

With today's tech, there ought be be a site dedicated to tracking meteor trajectories, all the size of say a football or bigger after entry over populated areas.

Luckily 2/3 earth surface is water.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Some pictures and reports from the Californian fireball seen on the 23rd here: Link

And a site that keeps track on reports: Link
edit on 24-10-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
We get bombarded with hundreds if not thousands of pounds of space debris every day; it's just that now there's places to easily report it, cameras everywhere, not to mention nervous people.

It's the big ones you have to worry about and they're rare.

On the other hand, we're always going through a new part of space (our orbit is not elliptical, it's spiraling through the galaxy) and this part of space may very well be more dusty/rocky than previously.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thank you, cheesy for sharing. We have caught a lot of meteors entering our atmosphere this year alone. Probably, like another atser stated. We have more cameras than ever and more people to date looking up. I like to keep track of this sort of thing. It's almost unreal though, how many in the last quarter.

The Orionid meteors are to be very busy this month. Space debris left behind by Comet Halley. This comet leaves debris in its wake that strikes Earth’s atmosphere most fully around October 20-22, while Earth intersects the comet’s orbit, as it does every year at this time. Do you think these are from this meteor shower?

The Orionids are extremely fast meteors, plummeting into the Earth’s atmosphere at about 41 miles per second. Half of the Orionid meteors leave persistent trains of ionized gas trails that last for a few seconds after the meteor itself has gone.

Whatever is going on, you cant say it's been a boring sky, as of late.

S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

gardener
S&F Intriguing!

With today's tech, there ought be be a site dedicated to tracking meteor trajectories, all the size of say a football or bigger after entry over populated areas.

Luckily 2/3 earth surface is water.

But Not So luck, If the Russian Size Hit Water it will Devastating

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

skyblueworld
Some pictures and reports from the Californian fireball seen on the 23rd here: Link

And a site that keeps track on reports: Link
edit on 24-10-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

Wow I like that! Tq So much sir..I already bookmark it..Its Great site..!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

signalfire
We get bombarded with hundreds if not thousands of pounds of space debris every day; it's just that now there's places to easily report it, cameras everywhere, not to mention nervous people.

On the other hand, we're always going through a new part of space (our orbit is not elliptical, it's spiraling through the galaxy) and this part of space may very well be more dusty/rocky than previously.

Tq Ms.Signalfire..
But What You mean The Big One Is Rare? i am curious..

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

C21H30O2I
Thank you, cheesy for sharing. We have caught a lot of meteors entering our atmosphere this year alone. Probably, like another atser stated. We have more cameras than ever and more people to date looking up. I like to keep track of this sort of thing. It's almost unreal though, how many in the last quarter.

The Orionid meteors are to be very busy this month. Space debris left behind by Comet Halley. This comet leaves debris in its wake that strikes Earth’s atmosphere most fully around October 20-22, while Earth intersects the comet’s orbit, as it does every year at this time. Do you think these are from this meteor shower?

The Orionids are extremely fast meteors, plummeting into the Earth’s atmosphere at about 41 miles per second. Half of the Orionid meteors leave persistent trains of ionized gas trails that last for a few seconds after the meteor itself has gone.

Whatever is going on, you cant say it's been a boring sky, as of late.

S&F

so this Meteor And Bolides From Orionid sir? tq For Your Explanation..
this morning i just get up, and see the update..Its strike Spain..

And I get This Viedo From Brazil! Its BIG !!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just In Now Big Bright Meteor NJ NY PA MD VA NC!
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I saw my first meteor on the 27 September in New Zealand , it was cloudy so only saw it for a split second . I did not hear of anyone else seeing it but on this occasion I can understand why.
I have also ( what I THINK) heard a meteor without seeing it ... But this sounds a tad crazy

More recently though there have been a few bigger ones witnessed by many. I have been checking a website daily for the last year and A half and sighting reports have definitely gone up . This site is dedicated to meteors although many other unidentified things are also reported . I like this page as its small and mostly unknown , there doesn't seem to be hoaxers and all reports seem genuine. People from all over the world report sightings even though its a NZ site.

www.weatherwatch.co.nz...
edit on 24-10-2013 by Jaxsprat because: Typos

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Jaxsprat
I saw my first meteor on the 27 September in New Zealand , it was cloudy so only saw it for a split second . I did not hear of anyone else seeing it but on this occasion I can understand why.
I have also ( what I THINK) heard a meteor without seeing it ... But this sounds a tad crazy

More recently though there have been a few bigger ones witnessed by many. I have been checking a website daily for the last year and A half and sighting reports have definitely gone up . This site is dedicated to meteors although many other unidentified things are also reported . I like this page as its small and mostly unknown , there doesn't seem to be hoaxers and all reports seem genuine. People from all over the world report sightings even though its a NZ site.

www.weatherwatch.co.nz...
edit on 24-10-2013 by Jaxsprat because: Typos

Thats Cool you can See it..I am Never see it For My Self..I am Jeleous with you sir!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
So, is this the same meteor being seen all over or broken up, or different ones???? I'm so upset I missed the Jersey one!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

cheesy

signalfire

Tq Ms.Signalfire..
But What You mean The Big One Is Rare? i am curious..

Good Lord, you're adorable. Like an Alien Puppy.

By the Big One, I mean a meteor big enough to ruin your day. Or an entire city's day. Or species', for that matter.

As far as the spiral orbit of our home, this video is EPIC! Worth clicking on just for the music but it's mesmerizing.

top topics

join