It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New iPhone App Lets You See Which Spy Satellites Are Watching You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
New iPhone App Lets You See Which Spy Satellites Are Watching You.

MODS. I searched didn't find it anywhere....Giving the search engine did its job.

In case you're hungry for personal space situational awareness, or are just plain paranoid, a new iPhone app can tell you when and what imaging spacecraft might have you in sight.

Orbit Logic of Greenbelt, Md., has created SpyMeSat, an app that provides notifications when spy satellites and unclassified imaging satellites are zooming above your head and may be taking your picture. A dynamic map shows orbit tracks and the location of remote sensing satellites with upcoming passes over a user's specified location.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I haven't used this app. I'm running a window 8 phone. But I would use it, to see how it works. and I, wouldn't feel as if I were paranoid. I think it would be a bit of fun. assuming, the information they give you is correct.

I don't think the ARGUS 1.8 gigapixel, will be getting one anytime soon. So, to all you iphone people out there. If you decide to try this let us know what you think. It's this firms first app, designed for everyday people, like us. and a product that extends the company's customer base beyond the aerospace, defense and government intelligence communities.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"can tell you when and what imaging spacecraft might have you in sight"

so.... its just an app that tells you where satellites are. it dosnt even KNOW if they are looking at you or not. in fact everyone in the country will see the same sat watching them at the same time. cuz you know... its overhead the continent.

useless app

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

LOL
Spot on.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Yeah, don't tell you that the satellite is watching you specifically. But, for some, it can be a bit of fun. I don't think the USAF will let you or me have that kind of information, what do you want from an app, to be able to maneuver the system where you like? This is their first go at this app. who knows it might have better functions, later in updated versions.

Maybe you can, someday obtain this app The U.S. military is developing an app that may one day enable troops in battle to call in airstrikes using their smartphones. to suite your desires.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Bisman
"can tell you when and what imaging spacecraft might have you in sight"

so.... its just an app that tells you where satellites are. it dosnt even KNOW if they are looking at you or not. in fact everyone in the country will see the same sat watching them at the same time. cuz you know... its overhead the continent.

useless app
Not only that, but it only tells you when unclassified satellites are overhead.

The classified satellites aren't even shown, and if you're wearing your tinfoil hat, wouldn't you be more worried about those?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just collect the data of everyone using the app...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'd get it, but I'm cheap, im not buying it for $1.99

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't think so, i am already too paranoid as it is. My luck it would some sort of software that updates the NSA spyware all ready on your phone.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

If I had an iPhone,I certainly would'nt bother with this app-the only apps I use are photographic ones,anyway,but the point is,there are satellites overhead at any given time pretty much where ever you are on the globe.Out here in the African Bush I some evenings see 3 passing over in the space of 5 minutes-it seems like crowded skies up there.If any are watching me,let them,is the way I see it-i have felt watched from the sky since earliest childhood anyway,so I won't bother with an app like this.In this world now.chances are Someone is always watching you,reading whatever "private" messages you think are confidential-i hardly see what difference this app could make-even if there was an app that could tell you with stone-cold beyond the shadow of a doubt accuracy that a certain satellite is watching YOU personally right at that moment-what could you do about it except flippin' it the bird?Waste of money,is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I agree with you...
star

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kreyvic

hahah probably so..

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone for comments. I wanted to see, what atsers thought of it. And check out the views, on such an app! Stars!

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
keyword there being:

unclassified imaging satellites.

what they don't say is they have no clue as to what the Still Classified sats flight paths are.

top topics

join