It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Evidence of US War Crimes in Falluja

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Once again: "INSURGENTS ARE NOT PARTY TO THE GENEVA CONVENTION" !!!!

Then they should shut the f*** up when they are captured.
They can't complain about any treatment or interrogation
they receive - at Gitmo or anywhere else. If they are not
party o the Geneva Convention, then they have no
Geneva Convention rights when captured and they can't
quote it.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I understand that combat would cause stress. But the question is what was this guy doing on the battlefield if he couldn't handle it? Get the best people for the job I say.

The day prior to this incident, 'this guy' was shot in the face by
an insurgent faking being dead. 'This guy's' battlefield experience
told him to go ahead and shoot the dead bodies incase they,
like so many others, were faking being dead/injured. After being
shot, 'this guy' was medically treated and then released back to
his unit.

*this info was reported on the news this morning. I don't
have a link to that information.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The diffence between us and you Ibn Iblis, is that we try our hardest to see things from a bigger perspective before spouting a knee jerk "why do you hate America?" type of idiotic comment, indeed, ignorance is bliss.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
Go watch the video Grady, violence breeds violence.

Actually, radical Muslim Wahabbism breeds violence.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
indeed, shooting a wounded\unarmed man on the floor in the face then making a smartassed comment while infront of a TV camera soon to be showed all over the world breeds violence too, see my picture above.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just love it when the enemy insurgents can do this all day and when an american slips up you the people that care so much about others lives come down hard on your own. Amazing. I'm taking the american soldier side.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I guess this Marine's biggest mistake was not waiting for the unit's video tech to set up the tripod so they could tape them sawing that insurgent's head off

to the US (of course it was US) film crew that sent the video to Reuters cause they felt "it rubbed them the wrong way"...next time, you guys are goin in 1st to clear the room - good luck

and to anyone using this one sided geneva convention logic - ask your combat vets what "double tapping" means...and why it was used

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
he may have made the wrong decision there but when it comes to survival its better to be safe then sorry... we cant definitivly tell exactly why he shot him. maybe the wounded guy was reaching for something and the marine reacted by killing him. its hard to tell from the video if the wounded guy was still or if there was movement by him.. but in combat situations like this knowing that these guys were trying to kill you earlier... if any of them made any kind of suspicious movements i would shoot first myself and than find out .. they have known tactics of booby traping buildings, roads, and dead or wounded bodies..

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Your title should read:

Video evidence of a possible US war crime in Iraq. Of course there is no doubt that the enemy commits war crimes on regular basis, but what the hey. They're the enemy.

One young Marine stressed out from days of house to house combat, who was himself wounded the day before, who has seen his friends killed by insurgents faking death and bodies rigged with explosives, makes an error in judgement and the whole world is yelling "War Crimes."

You people make me sick.

The argument being, Grady, that if we are the bastion of light and hope that we make ourselves out to be, that we are infallable, correct? I mean, after all...Bush has cashed in all the favors Jesus owes him, and called him down out of heaven to lead us to victory, hasn't he?...hasn't he?

The 'holier than thou' attitude just won't fly anymore, and this is just an example of people showing how unrighteous they really are.

It isn't about good and evil, it's about hipocrisy.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The video shows our guys going up to two bodies and shooting
them. Considering that our guys have been falling victim to
the war crimes of the insurgents ... the prudent thing to do was
to shoot the dead guys.

Watch it again. Did you see the body twitch? It did twitch. So much for "shooting dead guys".

I understand that sleep deprivation and all sorts of fatigue can break a man. A man, but not a Marine. It really strikes me how people often construe the Marines as some sort of supertough soldiers, on the other hand, "oh he was just a 19 year old fresh from high school who saw his buddy killed and freaked out"

A agree with Grady it was an isolated accident that will be investigated. I don't agree with anybody who says it was OK.

If the insurgents commit war crimes, are you going to stoop to their level? What's next, public beheadings with the US flag in the background?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Guys, watch the movie, the marine who shot him even made a smart a*s remark after he did it "Is he dead?" *BANG* "He is now".

It was a stupid thing to do, marines are not children, he knew what he was doing....they were wounded for 2 days and the event took place when they went back the second time, one of the wounded who was laying next to the man that was killed was an informant for the US millitary.

Saying that he could have been armed is stupid, the marines were not afraid to approach the other wounded men laying around him.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
Our media wouldn't be there showing his sons tossing people feet-first into the shredder, out of sight out of mind.

The shredder nonsense was proven to be a fake.

And yes, Saddam was a big S.O.a.B.

And yes, estimates of civilian death caused by the US invasion range form 20 to 100k, and counting. To shred this number of people, Saddam's nonexistant shredding factories would have had to work overtime.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
Guys, watch the movie, the marine who shot him even made a smart a*s remark after he did it "Is he dead?" *BANG* "He is now".

I did watch the video and that ain't how it went down. There was certainly quite alot of anxiety in the one soldier's voice about an unarmed insurgent pretending to be dead. Why the anxiety?

He f'ing pretending he's dead! He's pretending he's f'ing dead!

POW

He's dead now.

Two different soldiers. I think some of us are being too judgemental. When the insurgents play dead as a method of attack, and they did, and in fact the soldier in question was shot in the face hours earlier by an insurgent using this same tactic, we don't have any business judging him.

It should be good enough to know he is off the field, and being investigated, and if he did wrong he WILL be punished.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yes if you look closely, you can see an arm slightly held up AFTER the headshot, and it slowly drops, along with the bent leg straightening out.

link   
Young American men and women, in this case the Marines, trying to clean out a deadly haven for the terrorists.

These are the same troops that half the country likes to say they support, but of course, they also tell the soldiers and anyone else who will listen that it is wrong for them to be fighting in Iraq.

What kind of message is that for a Marine who is trying to help the Iraqi people as well as save his life and the lives of his buddies.

Meanwhile these sons and daughters of ours are trying their best to do their duty under these adverse and terrifiying conditions.

I cannot imagine that any of our men and women would deliberately shoot an unarmed civilian. He must have believed there was a reason for him to shoot.

The Marines who are rallying around behind him are right and I support them 100%.

link   
How exactly can you prove the shredder issue was fake?

Can I get a link?

And if the shredder was "proven" false, what about this:

mindfilter.net...

Cutting off fingertips? Cutting out tongues? Flogging? Beheading?

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would like to think I would do different but I don't know. How do we know unless we have been put through everything the Marine in question has gone through how we would react? People can say they would never do something but until you are faced with a situation or go through something yourself you really can't say how you would react. Never say never you just might shock yourself in what you might do. Don't condem someone in their actions in a situation that you have never been in.
I feel for the Marine for I don't know what I would have done.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
How exactly can you prove the shredder issue was fake?
Can I get a link?

here
and
here

(what I was able to locate in just 30 sec).

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that US Marines are not qualified for combat, with all it's rules and regulations. They shelled unarmed crowds, they used chemical agents against iraqi forces, they mistreated and killed POW's and now they are executing helpless victims. These are not disparate single cases. That is the nature of Marine violence. Unbound by law.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
I'd like to point out that US Marines are not qualified for combat, with all it's rules and regulations. They shelled unarmed crowds, they used chemical agents against iraqi forces, they mistreated and killed POW's and now they are executing helpless victims. These are not disparate single cases. That is the nature of Marine violence. Unbound by law.

Your proof of this is what?

Your sources are where?

Your evidence is?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join