It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every one Busy talking about Black Berry Messenger (BBM), I am Confuse Please Help :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Anyone here Know About Black Berry Messenger (BBM)? this aplication now not only for Blackberry phone ,Android OS phone now can Use It..and My Big Boss tell me To Use It, all of my Friend in my office too but i feel something wrong with this aplication..after reading please tell me is i have to use it too? please i will Thanks for your Kindness Opinion..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And What The Problem? this..i am sory Its Java Language, but i will translate to English..

When i want to Instal it, that two Confirmation appear..
It say Like This..

Aplication Permission
BBM need access to:

1.Your location
find location(Gps)

2.your social Information
Read contact data, write contact data

3.phone calls
Read Status and Id phones

4.your message
send sms

5.Information your application
browse running applications

6.communications network
NFC control, full internet access

7.camera
take pictures and videos

8.microphone
audio recording

9.your personal information
read calendar of events and classified information, add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without the knowledge of the host

10.storage
modify / delete the content of internal phone memory

11.your account
Acting as authenticating the account, add or delete account

12.communications network
see the status of the wi-fi, check network status

13.affecting battery
control vibrator

14.your application information
automatically start at boot

15.system tool
test access to the protected storage

16.your account
discover known accounts

that all, what dou you say? its kind odd that a Messenger need alot of things on our phone..?

edit on 24-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It needs all those permissions mostly to enable it to send messages using your phone, hook itself up the vibrate feature, hear you speak, send pictures in messages, etc.

Honestly that list seems perfectly fine.

I do have one app on my android that I am not updating due to the owners of the app not needing "access to read your SMS messages" and that one is Telstra 24x7.

The list you had seemed ok though as it needs access to those things for the functionality of the app.

The bigest drawcard for someone to use BBM I think is the free messages to iphone, android and blackberry users.... Everyone is using the apart from 3.9% of the market who use windows phone.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

DaRAGE
It needs all those permissions mostly to enable it to send messages using your phone, hook itself up the vibrate feature, hear you speak, send pictures in messages, etc.

Honestly that list seems perfectly fine.

I do have one app on my android that I am not updating due to the owners of the app not needing "access to read your SMS messages" and that one is Telstra 24x7.

The list you had seemed ok though as it needs access to those things for the functionality of the app.

The bigest drawcard for someone to use BBM I think is the free messages to iphone, android and blackberry users.... Everyone is using the apart from 3.9% of the market who use windows phone.

Tq Sir,But it can modify Storage content..maybe this just my Bad Feel..

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

It will need to write save files, app data, etc..

That's all it's asking that for, Id say...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Don't forget throwbacks like me! I do not use any kind of smartphone at all! My phone sends and receives text messages, and phone calls, and that is the fullest extent of my mobile communications capability! The charges for modern phones and their bloody data packages are, no matter how reasonable, anathemic to the entire ethos of a connected community.

In short, data should not come with a monetary value attached to it, and nor should access to it. Until such a time as the infrastructure companies accept that their existence as a financial structure is antagonistic to the ideal of connecting everyone to everything, I will remain comfortable in my relative luddite status.

top topics

join