It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How's it going? You may have seem me post elsewhere.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How it goes? I haven't introduced myself formally (I feel like I'm stealing someone else's thread title). I am brazenalderpadrescorpio. I wish I could change it to BrazenAlderPadreScorpio, but I think that I got too nervous when I was creating my account. Brazen, Alder, and Padre are supposed to be like the NATO call letters: Bravo, Alfa, and Papa. BAP are my initials (I forgot to add this). And yes, I am a Scorpio (how cheesy...)

I don't want to give out my exact age, but just to give you a hint, I can either be Generation X or Generation Y depending on the mood of the social anthropologist (?).

As far as interests go, I almost don't like any music besides electronic music. I like some Indie rock, and I do like some popular acts like Nirvana. I also can't stand hip-hop for the most part. I've been into electronic music since the early nineties. No, I didn't get into it because of dubstep... I also like independent films (I forgot to add this, too).

I am currently editing a poetry collection of mine. I got real involved in doing that, but I think that I was going at it so hard that I burned myself out, and so now I'm procrastinating. But right now I'm on like the third and hopefully final draft. The poetry is not Romantic poetry, by the way. It's actually, Abstract poetry.

I am currently a Jehovah's Witness. I have mixed feelings about that. As I posted elsewhere, I like the strict moral discipline that they instill, but I've discovered certain things about the Bible that make me wonder. The main thing is that I discovered that there is conclusive proof (for me anyway) that the Bible has been edited. So I like being a Jehovah's Witness and I don't. What makes it worse is that I can't admit any of these feelings to any other JW for fear of getting disfellowshipped. I've seen that happen around me, and that is a very painful and awkward reality to go through.

You may have seen me post on the Secret Societies forum (I got converted to Freemasonry! Wait 'till I tell mom... nyuk-nyuk-nyuk.). I've also posted on the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum, twice. I also recently posted a thread about Miley Cyrus that seems to be somewhat controversial if not looked upon as being naïve. I think that there's some merit to it, though. You can't deny what you hear.

As far as my future as a contributor here goes, my main interest and expertise is in Metaphysics. I have about 15 years worth of studying the whole realm of the occult, especially before I became a Jehovah's Witness. I've studied extensively about Teutonic mysticism, various magical schools of thought, astrology, Sethian concepts (as in Jane Roberts), etcetera. I probably don't know any one thing extensively, and so therefore I do feel that I've spread myself thinly in that area.

Obviously the crux of this site is dealing with conspiracies. Interestingly enough, I've only gotten into the conspiratorial realms of thought within the last 6 months (approximately). And here's the story with that.

It's a very interesting journey; at least to me it is. It all started when I was looking at my Yahoo page, and in the trending section I saw that it said, Jay-Z Time travel. I started looking at that picture that you may all be aware of by now, of Jay-Z, supposedly in 1930s Harlem. I started getting really interested in it and on the way would see Youtube videos relating to the Illuminati. I barely knew what the Illuminati was, I would however ignore those videos. Eventually, I started watching them and got really fascinated. I started googling Illuminati and fell upon a popular blog. I was reading that blog for a while, but since it wasn't very interactive it left me wanting. Recently on another website, I started seeing something about somebody who I had no clue about: John Titor. I came to find that this person was legendary, and I feel like I got a real good grasp of his whole story. And John Titor ties into how I came across this website, because there were many interesting posts devoted to John Titor on Above Top Secret.
I, in fact, thought they were so interesting that I decided to join ATS!
And that's my story.

I hope I didn't bore anyone with my overly long story. I tried to cover every detail about myself, and I thank you all for proving to me that you're not just some boring, blinded and one-sided posters. I really do enjoy this website and I really do discover something new every day. Thanks.
edit on bThu, 24 Oct 2013 02:16:31 -0500am296America/Chicago10amThursday24America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

edit on bThu, 24 Oct 2013 02:20:13 -0500am296America/Chicago10amThursday24America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

edit on bThu, 24 Oct 2013 02:42:03 -0500am296America/Chicago10amThursday24America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I was a titorite for a while!

Welcome to ATS and such like. Good luck with the topics! You've chosen a lot of fiery ones to take interest in. Just have a thick skin and try to learn from anyone that offends you I guess!

See you around.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Thank you. Wow, a fighter.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Welcome Brazen,
Enjoy you stay!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Um, not to pick on your religion, but I learned that the Bible was heavily edited in history class. I guess it wasn't really covered in depth until college, but I feel like even an AP high school history class would go over at least how Christianity was Romanized once it became in vogue in ancient Rome.

Are many Jehova's Witnesses not aware of the history of their religion?

Oh, and hi.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Thanks, as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

ZeroReady

Um, not to pick on your religion, but I learned that the Bible was heavily edited in history class. I guess it wasn't really covered in depth until college, but I feel like even an AP high school history class would go over at least how Christianity was Romanized once it became in vogue in ancient Rome.

Are many Jehova's Witnesses not aware of the history of their religion?

Oh, and hi.

Oh, you don't have to worry about picking on my religion. I actually don't even feel too committed to it now, and welcome criticism when not masquerading as a true believer.

About your comment, I feel that there are a lot of things that they seemingly on purpose don't address. I feel like it's not convenient for them to address such a thing as that. I've learned that when they are eerily quiet about a certain topic in their literature, then that means that something's up.

As far as being aware of the history of their religion, do you mean the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses? I'm probably one of the few that hasn't spent a lot of personal time researching that. There's a big green book called, Proclaimers of God's Kingdom that I would've read before, but that I have lost interest in reading recently. A lot of JW's have read that book, for example. I'm actually scared of being casually asked something about the history and standing there with egg on my face. Nobody quizzes you, however. I don't want to mislead anyone.

I hope that answers your questions.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride....insert thumbs up thingie here....

Des

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Popular acts like Nirvana?! Oh my God, you're older than me!!
Great to meet you, you sound like you'll be lots of fun with lots of useful(?) knowledge!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Hi there and Welcome to ATS !

Have fun & enjoy !!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Welcome brother. I am almost purely electronic in musical taste too.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Hahaha. Good one.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thanks. I really like your background image. I think everybody here is so creative in their identifiers.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Thanks. It's pretty much almost all I hear on Pandora. Lately, it's all I hear. I'm trying to fine-tune one of my Pandora stations that was acting wonky. I think I wasn't giving it enough love. Awww...

top topics

join