It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Continues... Picks up where the Original Series left off!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Greetings ATS.

I bring tidings of great joy for all Star Trek fans, particularly fans of the original series. If you recall, the U.S.S. Enterprise set out on a 5-year mission, only to be cut short by 2 seasons due to cancellation.

Well, a kickstarter project has come up to complete the 5-year mission, and they have already produced 1 episode available for viewing.

Star Trek Continues Webseries

Star Trek Continues is a non-profit, fan produced webseries that was launched in May 2013 with its first episode, “Pilgrim of Eternity.” The show is being produced to complete the final two years of the original 5-year mission. Our inaugural episode brings back original series guest star, Michael Forest as Apollo. The accuracy of the sets, lighting, filming and the quality acting and characterization brought great praise and support from Star Trek TOS fans all over the world.

They even have Chris Doohan, the son of James Doohan from the original series, playing Mr. Scott.

Here's Vic Mignogna as Captain Kirk:

Here is the first episode, entitled "Pilgrim of Eternity". Enjoy!

Well Trekkies, what do you think?
edit on 10/24/2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: title

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
watching now. its actually pretty good lol

did they JUST release it? i dont see a date on the youtube page. though im youtube-dumb and may not be seeing.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
No.

I *love* the fact these guys have screen-accurate costumes and are shooting in the "style" of the original show. Having said that, the original show should stand on it's own for the test of time.

Imagine if I found a Dirk Benedict, Richard Hatch and Lorne Greene (with padded robes) look alikes and tried this?

Would you want to watch a "continued" original Battlestar Galactica?

I love TOS, I love TNG.

DS9 was 'OK' and it went downhill after Voyager. I guess in all reality it went downhill after Gene died.

I also noticed they aren't using Majel Barrett's voice for the computer, which is a *must* for anything Star Trek.

edit on 24-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Its good.
Scotty is really good.
I don't care for the Kirk and Spock actors.

edit on 24-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

Its much better than the tv series they remade.
edit on 24-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Wow that is brilliant! a rebirth of a masterpiece.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

This is like the original in style and look.I like it

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Oh yay!!!!
S&F.....for the find....not necessarily for the actual programme..I'll watch it first before I pass any further comment.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

MystikMushroom
I also noticed they aren't using Majel Barrett's voice for the computer,
which is a *must* for anything Star Trek.

It sounded to me like Marina Sirtis (Counselor Deanna Troi) is the
new voice of the ships computer.

There weren't a ton of FX shots actually needed for this episode,
but the sets are comprehensive. I don’t know if they used the same
sets as Phase 2, since that was shot in upstate New York and
(according to IMDB) this one was shot in Kingsland, Ga., but kudos
go to whoever put these sets together. Same for the costuming.

Overall I’d say that “Pilgrim of Eternity” is a strong entry in the
continuum of fan-made continuations of TOS.

I look forward to the next episode.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Excellent, great work by the fans. If you don't check this out you can't call yourself a Trekkie!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

I am a fan of them doing more acting than I am of special effects so I am glad they are pretty much sticking to the way the original was produced.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hell yeah man. I love the fan made stuff.

I dont know if you saw it, but tim ross (tuvok from voyager) directed a fan made movie which took place in the late TOS era called "of gods and men". It had MANY of the original cast members and was actually....AWESOME. Watch it.

He is also working on a new series pilot in the form of a fan made movie ( not a sequel to his first) with double the budget of "Of gods and men" called "star trek renegades" , which will be in the canon universe, taking place several years after the events of ds9 and voyager.

so yeah. Love this stuff. Thanks for reminding us.

Here is a link to a thread I did with links to the videos if anyone is interested....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10 24 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

He is also working on a new series pilot in the form of a fan made movie ( not a sequel to his first) with double the budget of "Of gods and men" called "star trek renegades" , which will be in the canon universe, taking place several years after the events of ds9 and voyager.

This is some of the best trekkie news I have heard in a while! While I do like TOS I have always been more of a fan of the later serials.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was 4 years old again for nearly an hour! lol ( That's when I first saw Star Trek's episodes. )

That was really well done! Vic Mignogna IS Kirk!

I even loved that they kept it in the format or the original series. I do hope they manage to do the 2 years left to do for the Enterprise's missions. I'll gladly watch it.

And seeing a sci-fi show that has a positive message at the end? How shockingly novel! lol

I'm all for it. And Scotty was also very great!

I'm in such a good mood now...
Thanks OP!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Its okay, but they dont have the spirit the TOS crew had...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Yep,

It's a go. If I hadn't thought it had all the promise necessary to make a good show, I would have switched it off in a 3rd of the 60 seconds I gave it. I want to see more. Going back to finish it.

Great find InTheFlesh1980, thank you.

ETA: No, seriously, this is really good; I am actually trying to pay attention to the story because it's good. Thank god, I hope it gets funded.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just found it highly amusing that Vic Mignonga is playing Kirk... Especially since I know of him from doing voicing in English dubbed animes... Like Fullmetal Alchemist. Just one of those things I didn't expect.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just read today they are making a new series, excellent find

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Watched whole episode.

Liked episode.

I approve.

And yes, Marina Sirtis is the voice of the computer.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Awesome! Makes me feel young again :-)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
100% true to the spirit of the original series,apart from the HD for the last 50 minutes or so I was back in the early 70s again.Absolutely brilliant on every level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join