It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire Notes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
www.empirenotes.org...

This is a very interesting website created by a man who traveled to Iraq to cover the 'war on terror'. I heard this man speak in a radio show here in Canada and took note of his website. I'am not sure how 'biased' it is, or the ligitimacy of his claims; this is something i'll look into later, or, other members can probe.

Check it out.

Although this relatively indiscriminate killing of civilians may serve American military ends -- keeping the ratio of enemy dead to American soldiers dead as high as possible -- in terms of political ends, it is a disaster. It is very difficult to explain to an Iraqi that a man fighting from his own town with a Kalashnikov or RPG launcher is a �coward� and a �war criminal� (because, apparently, he should go out into the desert and wait to be annihilated from the sky) but that someone dropping 2000-pound bombs on residential areas or shooting at ambulances because they may have guns in them (even though they usually don�t) is a hero and is following the laws of war.

When I was here in January, there was a pervasive atmosphere of discontent, frustration, and anger with the occupation. But most people were still just trying to ride it out, stay patient, and hope that things improved. The wanton brutality of the occupation has at long last put an end to that patience.

Before, the occupation might have succeeded -- not in building real democracy, which was never the goal, but in cementing U.S. control of Iraq. It cannot succeed now. The resistance in Fallujah will be beaten down, with the commission of more war crimes; if the United States invades Najaf, it will be able to win militarily there as well. But from now on, no military victory will make Iraqis stop resisting.

Deep

Ps. He is a professor of 'something' in Ney York ! Yeah, yeah, i forgot !

Also, Check out this, it's a very good read.

www.empirenotes.org...

[edit on 16-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

[edit on 16-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I must admit, that mans views are quite interesting as well as strongly backed. I do believe most people understand what he is saying and probably have thought these things themselves. Whether or not the war in Iraq was justified is debatable, but whether or not we are causing irreversable damage to an entire nation is obvious. I can only hope the Iraqis don't decide to start sending suicide bombers our way once we leave them to themselves.

[edit on 11/16/2004 by SkyFox2]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
higly recommended read for everyone inhere who's all in favor of war.
A very valuable source of information, thanks for linking this

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Those are already know around the world, and the real reason why US is not well regarded now around the World.

However, most people here only trust Bush and take pride in his leadership and adventure. The rest just go on about their lifes. It is not their son/daughter killed, who cares.

How dare you doubt "Command-in-Chief"? they would ask.

So sad, that tens of thousands more people will have to die before the US mass people will understand that it is not winnable for the occupation of Iraq. Iraqi people and Iraqi Resistance will regain their independence.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I would just like to thank you for posting this, ZeroDeep.

Seems interesting so far, I haven't read both links yet though. I've been against the war since the beginning, unlike many people at my school which causes me to become the victim of a massive amount of unfavorable comments. I agree totally with what this guy is trying to say, we went in there to "liberate" them but all we've done is piss them off by destroying their homes that's why they're against us and the resistance groups have formed. Unlike claims from extreme Bush supporters such as my History teacher who says that "How can people say that the terrorists weren't there when they're fighting us there now?"...what a stupid comment, the terrorists could have easily come accross the borders to attack them, or as I believe, they formed there in resistance to the US military because of their bombing of residential areas.

Sorry if my post was a little off topic

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Even though hundreds of thousands of people died by his hand, Hussein, he is still a god guy.......right?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Even though hundreds of thousands of people died by his hand, Hussein, he is still a god guy.......right?

Total # of Americans Saddam has killed: 0
Total # of Americans killed because of Bush's war: ~1200

If he was such a bad guy, why weren't we greeted as liberators like the president claimed we would? The insurgents are fighting us because of all the destruction we caused to their homes, and they havent' even killed as many civilians as the US forces yet we call them the terrorists?

Don't get me wrong, I'll back our military troops 100%, but that does not mean I have to support a war.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by UnknownOrigins]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This is over the mechanics of the war, not if Saddam was a good guy or not. There are plenty of other bad guys in the world needed to be dealt with -- 36, why are we not there?

Dr.Rahul Mahajan (Hindu i presume) has written a good deal of articles that are well articulated and deconstruct this war, word by word; this is not just 'green peace' idiots crying.

Deep

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was about to make a separate thread, but when I saw this, I thought an article I found would fold in perfectly.

War

This is avery in-depth analysis on the entire concept of war. Very impartial, it explores all sides and interpretations of war and I think it should be required reading. For pro-war and anti-war alike. But pro-war especially. You all think it's clear and cut? Get ready to have your world rocked.

Zero, great post. I think most people, especially here in America, really cannot see certain things. It's unfortunate.

top topics

join