It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What energy harvesting devices can you name and describe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If we get into doing projects in our garage over the next year, want to make.

Friction water heaters!

They get to steam in no time! And it only takes a small amount of electricity to turn the inner drum!

And if needed a few other things like hand made sun collectors and wind collectors, possibly a battery, though want to also look into Telsa's wireless antenna. Don't see why kinetic wind energy can't be harvested kinetically and also don't see why you need windmills, but wind sculptures with lots moving tiny parts, or pinwheels even, or socks.

But you need enough wind or sun to spin the inner drum. Even a backup biofuel generator would be handy for a very windless or cloudy week. BUT, have to say we moved to a town who's name means meeting of the winds, and its beautifully sunny.

So, envision a room or shed that is heat proof, and can power or partly power the house. Becaues the heaters get hot and i don't want the kids to trip near them.

Also, shelves with rows of stirling engines. If built well they can each turn 300 watts. So I envision 1 or 2 friction water heaters which of course will provide hot water, BUT they will heat that room, and the stirling engines which operate on low heat will work, all the way up on the shelves, for heat rises, and 30 ones that make 300 watts would be turning out alot of Kilowatts for all household and greenhouse needs.

Thats my dream project. when and if this is up and running, because its practical. Then i want to explore hydrogen and cold fusion and coils......!!!!

Friction heater that gets up to 300F @ 100 watts of power

FUELLESS HEATER NO FUEL NO GAS NO WOOD NO GREEN HOUSE GASES

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Stirling engine emergency home power generator

Making a 6-cylinder Stirling engine

'
Building the Horizontal Pop Can Stirling Engine

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The Yildiz magnetic Motor looks promising.

Pure Energy Systems Wiki

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Now this one by greenpowerscience has 100 plus watt turnout, so the 300 might be hard, and you might need a whole bunch, but they look like a good project. This channel has so many energy devices its wonderful. Parabolic mirrors also create heat. one of the problems with creating heat is that you also need to protect kids and pets from it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Unity_99
FUELLESS HEATER NO FUEL NO GAS NO WOOD NO GREEN HOUSE GASES

The claim of "fuelless" is not true.

1:16
"...and the rotor is spun rapidly by a small electric motor..."

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Actually its not. Takes a little electricity to turn the barrel.

And how it works?

This video puts it 3rd I believe so roughly 6 or 8 mintues into it. And first few minutes is spent explaining HOW it works.

Star in a jar, cavitation. The humble or not so humble, quite cranky actually, pistol shrimp. Same thing. The sound wave causes the molecules to release their energy, which is the heat of the sun's corona in the bubble. A touch of overunity right there, in a cranky little pistol shrimp. Friction also works.

overunity. ie. the charge or energy of a HZ, sound, does not equal the heat of the sun's corona, yet this is the real science they have hidden.

But the reporter didn't want to know how it worked. At least the one inventor wasn't offed yet, or imprisoned or put in a nut ward, or any other method used, and I'm already going to make them as soon as I can get over many other hurdles. They're on to do list.

Cavitation - Sonoluminescence - Implosion Technology - Sacred Sciences Part 1

its all implosion!
edit on 24-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The friction heater I'm going to dig into
I have not seen that one either
But it does remind me of one I'm working on building the material is at the machine shop right now
youtu.be...
It works off the principal of magnetic induction
Instead of alternating current this uses a mechanical means of oscillating the magnet field into a piece of nonferrous metal
When I get it up and running I will post an update
I'm going to put it up against electric resistance water heating element of the same wattage that the Motor takes to spin the disk.
Hint for anyone going to try this in my experiments so far with a crude one I built
Aluminum heats up a lot faster than the copper like this gentleman uses in his video
I also built a gear system with a crank on it
I'm going to try to boil me some water under human power.
I know a few third world countries that might find a device like that pretty handy.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Unity_99
Actually its not. Takes a little electricity to turn the barrel.
... overunity...
...overunity...

I agree that the CLAIM of overunity is made in the video of the motor, but if that were true then they could just use that extra output to power the electric motor.

Until that is _ACTUALLY_ done, I'm simply going to have to assume that its a case of mismeasurement, as in a billion other overunity videos on youtube where they also do not power the input from the output.

Videos on youtube where they claim overunity: 8764587658
Videos where they power the input from the output: 0

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

The over unity claim doesn't matter it is still a cool way to convert electrical energy into thermal energy
That's one thing I hope we don't get hung up on
Because there is only one way to end the over unity question
One of us would have to build it and invite everyone from ATS over for a cookout and a demo. And that's a whole lot of hotdogs and s'mores

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The star in a jar thing is beautiful it would look awesome in person.
Just down right freaky if there temp measurement was accurate .

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm really surprised thread died so quick.i will keep an eye on it and when it gets rolling again with the full list of energy harvesting devices we will try to combine into working systems have fun.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thadeous

It's early so forgive me but banking looks like the best. Make something, call it value, sell it, loan it.
Show the world they got to have it.
And you control the world....
With something of no real value, something you get to make up....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join