It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will I ever get ahead????????????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
When u have a family there is no getting ahead in this world.Me and my husband was doing good a year ago,we have a13 year old and now a three month old.

It seems for about 7 months we just cant seem to get caught up. Now all this crap with the government.

I guess they have most of us were they want us. THE JERKS.......

DAMN THE MAN/WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 0pm23130uWed, 23 Oct 2013 21:33:42 -0500kAmerica/ChicagoWed, 23 Oct 2013 21:33:42 -0500 by LadyLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
They're not making it easy on any of us out here, everyday citizen, are they?

In the words of Bill Clinton " I feel your pain " pffft, yeah right.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think I have a cool Ted Talk link for you but I suck at getting my links to work on this site. I'll try and find it though and post it for you.

Found it. I'm not in anyway suggesting that you watch this and you're problems are fixed but has some cool insight into your complaint perhaps.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-10-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

DaphneApollo
They're not making it easy on any of us out here, everyday citizen, are they?
In the words of Bill Clinton " I feel your pain " pffft, yeah right.

He may feel it really matter nothing was done then and it sure itsnt gonna be done now.Its their goal to put everyone in the poor house.Well they are doing a great job of it huh.....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

minkmouse
I think I have a cool Ted Talk link for you but I suck at getting my links to work on this site. I'll try and find it though and post it for you.

what is ted talk?? and thank you

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My husband and I have played catch up for as long as we have been married... going on 17 years. There have been times when it wasn't quite so paycheck to paycheck, but the times that it has been far outweigh those. We make ends meet though and keep chugging along. I resigned myself long ago to knowing I would never live like Hugh Hefner.
That helped a bit.

The only advice I can give? Don't give up. Keep living honestly and do what you know is right. It is hard, but somehow you will find a way to pull through this time like you did last time and like you will next time.

I don't think it's going to get any easier for any of us in the coming months (years?) either. You just have to keep on keeping on somehow and know you aren't alone in the struggle.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
My husband and I have played catch up for as long as we have been married... going on 17 years. There have been times when it wasn't quite so paycheck to paycheck, but the times that it has been far outweigh those. We make ends meet though and keep chugging along. I resigned myself long ago to knowing I would never live like Hugh Hefner.
That helped a bit.

The only advice I can give? Don't give up. Keep living honestly and do what you know is right. It is hard, but somehow you will find a way to pull through this time like you did last time and like you will next time.

I don't think it's going to get any easier for any of us in the coming months (years?) either. You just have to keep on keeping on somehow and know you aren't alone in the struggle.

Thank you,I just needed to vent.We will make it like you said this time just like last time and the next time. Its so hard to live here these days is all.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyLurker

Ma'am, me and my girlfriend is going through the same thing. For the past year and a half it has been financial tough on the both of us. What gets me is my expenses has been the same for the past three years but yet we are having a hard time getting by. I am up to my neck with everybody and everything in it. Our struggles has just made us bitter and there are still wealthy a-holes out there still trying to take advantage of us.

I feel you.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No you will never get ahead playing their game, opt out of their game and live well.
Simple.
3rd line.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

TED stands for "Technology, Entertainment, Design" There are thousands of cool talks on a huge variety of topics. Google TED talks and you're in. The link I posted, for some reason, seemed to mesh with your feelings which you presented in the OP.

edit on 23-10-2013 by minkmouse because: Fixing gibberish in hope of global understanding!

edit on 23-10-2013 by minkmouse because: Nothing to do with me...Cat on keyboard!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Probably not. Not trying to down your world and everything, just being honest and not sugar coating your rant with rainbows and cookies and stuff.You might become more comfortable over time but more than likely not ahead, 'less you win the lottery or something. You're in Corporate America.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Ya times are tough. Have you thought about starting your own business? I had an idea not long ago for a small business. It could even be a cash business. It's a jack of all trades type of business venture.

What you do is you start by investing in buying a pickup truck or a van. Buy something "dirt cheap". Like under 1000 dollars. Then what you do is you place ads online offering to do junk removal and light deliveries / moves. Once you start making some money you invest in a few items.

You buy (all used)
Painting supplies
old lawn mower / weed wacker
old portable carpet cleaner
old portable furnace cleaner
cleaning supplies
snow blower / shovels

now you also offer all those services as well. You place ads on craigslist and your local free online classifieds offer these services. Get some cheap business cards made up.

if you get to a point where you can handle 2 small jobs a day chances are you could make say 200 a day. Thats' an additional 48k per year only working 20 days a month. If you get busier and you can't handle all the work you hire a second worker and you buy another cheap van or pickup truck. And soon it could grow.

I'm not sure if it would work or not. I haven't tired it. But the guy who started 1800 got junk... he started this way. And he make it huge!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

minkmouse

Found it. I'm not in anyway suggesting that you watch this and you're problems are fixed but has some cool insight into your complaint perhaps.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-10-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

That would be great, but they were already ahead when they started. Yes they had debt, but they had more than many of the people who are currently struggling.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
To help your dollars stretch, go to second hand stores for clothing and what-not. We truly live in what I call a throw away society. Many items I have purchased still had tags on them. I got a gorgeous long wool coat for 8.oo once that looked brand new. Once I got a knit dress with angora fur and beads for about the same price. That thing would have cost at least a hundred bucks normally!! I have gotten real crystal glasses, a ton of books, jewelry and everything under the sun for dirt cheap. Dollar stores are awesome too, though each one is different even if they are in the same city. Some suck and some are treasure troves.

There are also places like craigslist that offer things for free, all you have to do is pick it up. yard sales can be useful as well. people are in a hurry to get rid of things they have collected over the years and sell cheaply.

I have made gorgeous gift baskets by buying cheap baskets in perfect condition, adding pretty colored paper tissue to line the basket and beautiful ribbon for the handle found at the dollar store or even on sale at a craft store. Dollar stores have tons of great toys and things for kids. They even have medicines, wonderfully smelling lotions creams and powders, make-up, even food items.

I have big beautiful floral arrangements made from silk flowers from cheap stores. People think I spent a fortune on them when they hardly cost me anything at all.

Also...you can sell your own items in consignment shops for extra cash.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I don't know what the laws are like here, having just recently moved, but where I used to live, you could be busted with fines and jail time if you got caught doing that without a business license if you make more than 1k in a year.

And if you want to advertise

I want to leave handbills at homes to advertise my business. Is that covered by the business license? No. A handbill permit is required in addition to the business license. Please contact our office before distributing any handbill or flyer. Distribution of handbills or flyers on car windshields is always prohibited .

Posting signs, handbills, or flyers on any utility pole, traffic pole, fence, tree, pier, bridge, mailbox or other public structure is prohibited .

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

calstorm
reply to post by spartacus699

I don't know what the laws are like here, having just recently moved, but where I used to live, you could be busted with fines and jail time if you got caught doing that without a business license if you make more than 1k in a year.

And if you want to advertise

I want to leave handbills at homes to advertise my business. Is that covered by the business license? No. A handbill permit is required in addition to the business license. Please contact our office before distributing any handbill or flyer. Distribution of handbills or flyers on car windshields is always prohibited .

Posting signs, handbills, or flyers on any utility pole, traffic pole, fence, tree, pier, bridge, mailbox or other public structure is prohibited .

My friend did his business under his own name for like 35 years. They won't do jack to you! If anyone asks if you have a business license you just say "I'm not running a business". If they say, "well it looks like a business, just say no it's not, I just do the odd favor for friends". That's the loophole to get around doing a small biz. If you eventually start to make say over 100k per year and you're getting to the point where you can't avoid calling yourself a business and or you want to put it under a corporation, then and only then do you look into that sort of thing. But in all honesty the moment you let tptb know you've decided to open a business you're asking for trouble. And if you start making any money you'll be visited by the MIB. You think I might be joking but Im not. Keep it low key, don't let anyone know your'e in business. Again just consider it a pilot project. Eventually if and when you actually get to any significant level of business at that point you might want to weigh your options. But I'd suggest as long as you can run it without having to declare that you're in business then that's the way to do it. The fact is there's tons of people that do favors for other people on a regular basis for money, but are don't consider themselves "in business" or "a business". And you can have a card, fliers, website, ads etc. Just because you do advertising that too doesn't mean your "in business". Testing out a way to make some extra money doesn't automatically put you "in business". Not even close. A business typically has a physical building, staff, a corporation, does significant daily volume, etc etc. They want you to believe that anything you do to make money instantly constitutes it as "a business" but the fact is, it's not. Not until it's somewhat of an ongoing concern, where you have daily sales, you might need staff, a location etc etc. Until then you're just doing odd favors for friends. I mean you have to do your own research but trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Just do the business under your own name. If you do a sale ask the person to make the check out in your name. Or pay you via paypal. If you eventually actually get somewhere and you want to go legit, then you should talk to a lawyer, get some advice, talk to an accountant, and then eventually open a corportion. But at that point you must keep impecable books. Like I mean every freaking penny must be accounted for with documentation. For example you take someone to lunch, then you keep the receipt and you write on the back what the business lunch was about. and you keep all that carefully itemized. So that when you get audited (I said when, not if) you will be able to prove every last penny and you'll be protect. If you don't they'll wipe you out. That's how the system works. You go into business and you will be audited that's a guarantee. And if things aren't 110% perfect you lose everything pretty much.

new topics

top topics

join