It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP WATCHING US!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

StopWatching.us is a coalition of more than 100 public advocacy organizations and companies from across the political spectrum. Join the movement at rally.stopwatching.us.... This video harnesses the voices of celebrities, activists, legal experts, and other prominent figures in speaking out against mass surveillance by the NSA. Please share widely to help us spread the message that we will not stand for the dragnet surveillance of our communications.

Stop Watching Us, good rallying cry.
rally.Stopwatchingus.org

The NSA is spying on everyone's personal communications. It’s operating without any meaningful oversight.

On October 26th, the 12th anniversary of the signing of the USA Patriot Act, we're holding the largest rally yet against NSA surveillance. We’ll be handing more than a half-million petitions to Congress to remind them that they work for us — and we won’t tolerate mass surveillance any longer.

A stellar group of whistleblowers, activists, researchers and others from both sides of the political spectrum will be speaking at this historic event. The list includes:

Seems like a damn fine move, more of these actions need to be happening, people need to be aware and get involved.
edit on 23-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nice. Thanks for sharing. I agree that more people to need to wake up to what is going on around them and take some sort of action. It only takes a tiny ripple to start a massive wave and every little bit helps. I hope more keep supporting movements like this one if for no other reason than to let government we know what they are doing and we will not go quietly into the night.

edit on 10/23/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Best line in it.

"In a surveillance state, democracy is dead"

Please watch to the end, spread it around.

Americans, we can do so much better, we can be so much better, we just need to stand united against this type of Tyranny.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

lets hope its not to late these people have been spying on us for years now and for years the public protest the government put a band aid on the situation,and nothing ever changes we still are at the crossroads after how many years of speaking out,i say the time for just protesting is OVER and we should look at more intense ways of getting the government that work for us to listen.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oz2013

Beware the agent provocateur, use the system we have, you wont like what ever comes after that.

Vote them all out, stop voting party affiliation, if its a Rep or Dem on the ticket vote the other guys, No matter what.

ETA: lets not forget the topic and reason for this video.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

benrl
Best line in it.

"In a surveillance state, democracy is dead"

Please watch to the end, spread it around.

Americans, we can do so much better, we can be so much better, we just need to stand united against this type of Tyranny.

I post It On My Facebook as you say Spread it..

SnF Sir!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What's truly unfortunate is, as long as Americans have a full belly, and FEEL safe. They will never stand up against this tyranny. It is only when they fear for their very lives, and the lives of their children, that all hell will break loose. Lets hope it isn't already too late when that day comes.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
History does repeat -

The government’s ongoing violation of fundamental civil liberties would have been very familiar to the men who gathered in 1791 to adopt the Bill of Rights.

The Founding Fathers battled an 18th century version of the wholesale surveillance that the government is accused of doing today – an expansive abuse of power by King George II and III that invaded the colonists’ communications privacy.

Using “writs of assistance” [another name for "general warrants"] the King authorized his agents to carry out wide-ranging searches of anyone, anywhere, and anytime regardless of whether they were suspected of a crime

www.zerohedge.com...

It's good to know more people are waking up to this intrusion and trying to stand up against it, but pretty sure Americans are no longer made of the same stuff as these guys though - shame, we sure could use them.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

When the ruling political establishment in my country learned that the NSA are monitoring and spying on all ordinary people and is gathering information about everybody (24/7), they pretty much ignored it. After a few days of silence they issued a short statement in the newspapers that it was not illegal and that it was totally acceptable.

However. Some weeks later they also learned that NSA spied upon and monitored the ruling political establishment and all communication that went in and out of their offices. Then pretty much hell broke loose. For a few days the politicians in my country was so angry that they even spoke about that the relation with America could be hurt because of this.

The moral of this is thus; that NSA are not allowed to spy on any politicians in the world, but they are welcome to monitor and spy upon billions of ordinary people in any country if they like.

The Americans and the NSA are telling everybody that this worldwide monitoring of ordinary people are necessary in order to prevent acts of terrorism, but who in their wildest dreams would believe that potential terrorists in these days would plan or reveal their plans of such by using social media on internet, mail , Google, twitter, Skype or cell phones or any other electronic media?

Thus history has once again failed to learn politicians of past mistakes. Systems and actions of controlling the population are always initially introduces by the ruling political establishment as something which is done for the better good. It always (and without exceptions) turns out that it is the ordinary people who eventually becomes the losers and the victims.

The EU (and all it’s member countries) has their own electronic spy and monitoring systems. In addition to this, all these countries also have thousands of people and spying organizations on their payroll . Their primary objective is to monitor political correctness. In my country alone there are over hundreds of these kind of political correct monitoring organizations. The purpose of these organizations is to spread political correct propaganda on the internet , in news and in newspapers, as well as to prosecute ordinary people who violate the rules of political correctness. Thus more and more people are victimized as having said something that is no longer tolerated. Most people are let go with a warning or some kind of harassment, but lately an increasing number of people are now beginning to lose their jobs or even get prosecuted.

In my view. Political Correctness is just a new way of quieting and controlling the masses just like communism once worked (and still do). They always seems to pop up in new wrappings. The freedom of speech is again under threat. I’m however glad to read here that someone is actually doing something.

It’s really sad. Internet, GPS systems and cell phones was initially welcomed and seen upon as the greatest improvement of freedom of speech for ordinary people. Now these systems has become their worst enemy.

Please note that my post is not a criticism of America or the American people.

edit on 23-10-2013 by helius because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2013 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Klassified
reply to post by benrl

What's truly unfortunate is, as long as Americans have a full belly, and FEEL safe. They will never stand up against this tyranny. It is only when they fear for their very lives, and the lives of their children, that all hell will break loose. Lets hope it isn't already too late when that day comes.

People are getting there, Americans bellies are not full, Unemployment is still a major issue, the economy is still on life support.

People may be getting to the point where enough is enough, MASSIVE reforms are needed, until they happen the general Populace will continue to suffer.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

benrl

Klassified
reply to post by benrl

People are getting there, Americans bellies are not full, Unemployment is still a major issue, the economy is still on life support.

People may be getting to the point where enough is enough, MASSIVE reforms are needed, until they happen the general Populace will continue to suffer.

How many people do you and I know between us, that didn't eat supper last night? Or did without so their children could eat? I'd venture to say, not many. When more people are doing without supper, than are eating supper, that's when things get ugly.

We are still too comfortable. The problems, as huge as they are, still haven't hit home with most Americans. And they won't, until most Americans begin seeing those problems manifest in their personal lives.

People may be getting to the point where enough is enough

I hope you're right benrl.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Klassified

benrl

Klassified
reply to post by benrl

How many people do you and I know between us, that didn't eat supper last night? Or did without so their children could eat? I'd venture to say, not many. When more people are doing without supper, than are eating supper, that's when things get ugly.

We are still too comfortable. The problems, as huge as they are, still haven't hit home with most Americans. And they won't, until most Americans begin seeing those problems manifest in their personal lives.

People may be getting to the point where enough is enough

I hope you're right benrl.

Your talking to a man that lost everything in the housing bubble, started from scratch and crawled way back to a decent semblance of living.

Fortunately I bounced back leaner and smarter from it all, and currently am housing 5 extra people in my home who where not as fortunate as me.

Through my luck I am helping those who didn't have it so well, So to be fair, I know enough.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I hear what you're saying. I've lost everything more than once. I've also been fortunate enough to be able to help others. But that isn't what we're talking about here.

I'm saying, Americans as a whole, have not come to their breaking point because they're still too comfortable in their misery. When the misery outweighs their comfort, then we'll see them come together, and focus on what they believe to be the cause of their misery. Until then, they'll tolerate the tyranny.

Just my opinion, though.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I found that video incredibly moving, because there has obviously been a huge shift in the consciousness and awareness of the American public for that video to have been made. This was unimaginable just a few years ago. There is a significant percentage of the American public that now has enough support for a platform like this video to exist, to be supported, viewed, commented on. The fact is, a large enough percentage of American citizens know what's next. Microchips, constant surveillance, tyranny and fascism. We were expected to have been made sufficiently dumbed down to just say yes to it.

It doesn't have to be every American who understands this. It has to be a sufficient percentage to be the straw who breaks the camel's back.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Abovetopsecret.com should join this

just saying......

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

this is what why i like to say wierd chit on the phone, internet, in person, whatever. i mean if we got nothin' to hide why keep secrets? but hey i guess the government can keep all the secrets and our orifices must be checked for every step we take. that's why there's rubber gloves.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Dakota,

While the message sounds fine and all, I feel I would be remiss if I didn't point something out.
This travesty has been going on for over a decade now but if if your telling me the only way people are going to wake up to the police state is for CELEBRITIES to tell everyone it's wrong...then America is already finished.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You've been on a roll with your threads lately, benrl. This one is no different. While I am completely opposed to NSA snooping as exposed by Snowden, what the hell is up with maggie gyllenhaal? Is anyone else sick of seeing her in these public service announcements? How many causes does she have? Just had to get that off my chest

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

If they told you or anyone on here that they were closing shop would anyone believe that? With as much as the guv has invested into it, I don't think there will be a change. Maybe press releases will come out that say that it has been shut down. I predict if that happens that there will be more whistle blowers. The only way there would not be more whistle blowers is if they can make humanoid drones to manage all of the data, and AI to interpret it. 2013 is almost over and they have not accomplished that yet as far as we know.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They had to go all the way back to Nixon to make their point? What a joke this is. They have a sitting president that's doing this. Why don'y they have the balls to use his image? This ad or what ever you want to call it is a joke! Call it like it is! Call out the president, if you have the balls!

benrl

StopWatching.us is a coalition of more than 100 public advocacy organizations and companies from across the political spectrum. Join the movement at rally.stopwatching.us.... This video harnesses the voices of celebrities, activists, legal experts, and other prominent figures in speaking out against mass surveillance by the NSA. Please share widely to help us spread the message that we will not stand for the dragnet surveillance of our communications.

Stop Watching Us, good rallying cry.
rally.Stopwatchingus.org

The NSA is spying on everyone's personal communications. It’s operating without any meaningful oversight.

On October 26th, the 12th anniversary of the signing of the USA Patriot Act, we're holding the largest rally yet against NSA surveillance. We’ll be handing more than a half-million petitions to Congress to remind them that they work for us — and we won’t tolerate mass surveillance any longer.

A stellar group of whistleblowers, activists, researchers and others from both sides of the political spectrum will be speaking at this historic event. The list includes:

Seems like a damn fine move, more of these actions need to be happening, people need to be aware and get involved.

edit on 24-10-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join