It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHOCKING! Secret List of donors opposing GMO labeling legislation revealed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well let me make it really clear, were talking superweeds,
insects that build further resistance through GMO corn, ends in failure...
What failure? The farmers keep planting it.

Were talking cotton crop failures that drive farmers to suicides,
Myth.
www.agprofessional.com...

were talking more and more glysophate every year....
That's true, because there are more glyphosate resistant crops being planted. We are also talking about less use of more harmful herbicides and pesticides.
edit on 10/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nikkib0421

When I get get home from work I will be writing them a letter.

You might want to ask them why they object to the initiative.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Can there be a legitimate reason to worry about
Government regulations being oppressive to Capitalism
when we can't even get them to list the ingredients of what we are putting
in our stomachs ?
I mean really ?
Less Government oversight=More Corporate CONTROL
I'll take my chances with the one thats not always trying to trick me
or turn me upside down to see what change falls out of my pockets.
edit on 24-10-2013 by sealing because: Puncuation

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

when we can't even get them to list the ingredients of what we are putting

The ingredients are listed.
All this law would do is cause the list to include "May contain GM material" whether it does or not. All this law would do is subject your neighborhood store to large fines for carrying unlabeled food which is shown to have GM material.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I don't know where it is from. I just saw it one day and thought it was totally cool.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by livinglifeseekingtruth2

LOL Ok, I guess YOU don't know what GMO means for pete's sake.

It is injecting insecticides and herbicides into the genetics of the plant, to make them resistant. Did someone inject you, to give you your X linked genetic disorder?

And them doing these things, are now causing mutant bugs, that are resistant to the insecticide, and super weeds, that are resistant to the herbicide. Which is causing farmers to have to use more roundup, which in turn is getting into more and more waterways.

edit on 24-10-2013 by chiefsmom because: addition

Did you even read everything I wrote? Or did you just skim through and replied with an opinion that was already set in your mind?

Of course I Know what GMO is! I also know a little about Farming.... It is the source of income that has provided my family with a comfortable lifestyle so we can provide food to people and pay taxes so those in need can receive food stamps.... It is actually a good living.

I don't know where you are getting your misinformation.... But you Are WRONG! Please show me some visual proof of these Mutant Bugs and Super Weeds resistant to herbicide... I spent almost everyday walking through fields and have yet to see one. I have an interest in entomology and would be really excited if I found a "Mutant" bug so I could study it. A few years ago.... I discovered one of the very first insects imported from Europe that were released to combat Leafy Spurge.... it was the first reported in my state. They were not doing a very good job.
It was from the Sphingidae Family.

You are DEAD WRONG that Farmers have to use more roundup these days even in a GMO crop. They are actually using less.... Farmers are actually using less roundup... so Less of this stuff is getting into the water. So what is your argument??? GMO's or Chemicals that might possibly enter the water? That would be an entirely different argument.

I have a better and very unique view into this than you ever will. being part of a farm system that not only starts and finishes in the field...but also processes and holds a final product until it is sold to a company to will further process it and put it in a can on a shelf for you to purchase.... and also packages one that will go straight to a shelf so that you can cook it up yourself.

Having this kind of unique insight.... If I were you..... I would be more concerned about how the raw product is being stored and treated in some places before it is sold. Bet you don't know how a bin full of moldy corn is treated so it can be sold and shipped.
I do....You GMO haters would never eat from an "Organic" crop again if you knew what I know.

OF COURSE NO ONE INJECTED ME WITH AN X-LINKED DISORDER! It is something that my family carries... an inherited mutant DNA.... But if someone told me they had found a way to Disable it in the egg stage.... I would be on board ASAP! Do you even know anything about X-linked or DNA? No offence.... and I say this in the nicest way possible over the internet..... but I think you are a nit-wit.
perhaps you are just uneducated... and that is ok.... You have a right to be wrong....

I might be new here.... But trust me.... It is very hard to win an argument with me.

Please post a list of the offending chemicals and plants you feel are a threat to your consumption of sustenance. Not companies.... If you need some help.... I would be happy to provide the details to you myself. You would be surprised what I know.... Every piece of grain, corn, ect.... has a specific name and can be tracked down to the grain dealer that sold it for seed due to the stuff that offends you... If it made you sick.... identify the specific piece that did and I will be happy to direct you to someone who can tell you who grew it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

FFS4000

Wow, and you dont see that your diatribe could also be considered in the same way. People like you are part of the problem and not the solution, and your perfectly happy to be experimented on without your knowledge and with no indication on whether it's safe for you or not. Jesus, have you ever read the monicker for ATS ? deny ignorance.

Of Course I read the Moniker...

Did you even take the time to read my entire post? I sure hope you are not to ignorant to read my reply....

Sorry....I am Agnostic. So No "Jesus" for me. But I respect your opinion to worship....

But you should have the ability to respect my ability to provide you with factual information as well.

I am not trying to turn you against Jesus... Just trying to present my personal knowledge of this misinformation.

But if I may.....
Even though I am now Agnostic..... back in the day when I was schooled in religion and bible stuff.... I remember being told the story about how Jesus turned water into wine and other crazy stuff......

Perhaps "Jesus" was actually a scientist?
If you think about that long enough....well you might hurt yourself.... Your feeble minded brain might explode or something.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Just to clarify a bit further.... I Did NOT vote for the current Commander in Chief.

I might agree with the Republican party on some points....Agree with the Tea party on some points...

Even a few Democrats have a point I might agree with....

I might actually have the ability to think for myself and form an opinion based on personal experience....

Not rely on what others tell how to think or feel.

Think about it.... form your own opinion...

If you want to be part of the sheep... live well and I hope you enjoy the life you live and make it count.

I am also AGAINST the nutcase Self Proclaimed NEO-NATZIES. What Normal person acts like that???

Sorry if I made a few of you think too hard.... I hope it didn't hurt too much.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I guess a few ignorant Nit-Wits didn't like being shot down the first time on this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Hope I did that link thing right)

And commissioned someone to start a new one.

Good luck arguing GMO's with me.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join