It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Gubernatorial race : Libertarian polled 12% but is being blocked by Dems & Reps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Nothing new but still something worth talking about and sharing with friends and family. Any attempt by third parties to get traction in electoral politics gets T-Boned by the two party system. A libertarian polling 12% is actually pretty high for a state-wide race yet he is being shut out because the elephonkey is mad.

benswann.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

It's too easy to pick a team and thus blame everything that is wrong in your life on the team you don't belong too!

The last two elections, I have voted strictly for either a Libertarian candidate OR an Independent, and as I watched the results come in, I just sat there and had to say, "You people whom insist on voting for the two parties that have already made their beds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well you have made your beds as well!".

Everyone wants to point the finger, but NOBODY, wants to accept any responsibility for how their country is being destroyed........

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

The elephonkey.

The donkephant.

The eledonkant.

This is kind of a fun game.

But, no matter what we name it, it still needs taken out back and put down.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

seeker1963

Everyone wants to point the finger, but NOBODY, wants to accept any responsibility for how their country is being destroyed........

That's because it's easier to stick ones fingers in ears and go "La la LA LA LA!!" at the problems with the status quo than it is to grow a pair & try to fix what's broke. Change, even just in political affiliation, is a very scary thing to Americans. To be blunt, America's chickensh**ery is what keeps the country irreparably screwed up.
edit on 10/23/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

That's because it's easier to stick ones fingers in ears and go "La la LA LA LA!!" at the problems with the status quo than it is to grow a pair & try to fix what's broke. Change, even just in political affiliation, is a very scary thing to Americans. To be blunt, America's chickensh**ery is what keeps the country irreparably screwed up.

I agree with you!

However, as growing up as a Democrat and being brainwashed into thinking that if I ever voted Republican my life would be doomed because I came from a working family, it took a lot of thinking to change my beliefs! (Cognitive Dissonance) Yet when I switched like a good little robot and voted Republican, I noticed that NOTHING EVER CHANGES!!!

I was caught in a vicious circle that NEVER solved any problems!!!! They just kept making things worse! Now that was 20 years ago!!!

I don't know why suggesting to someone that you are thinking about killing yourself, ends up with an unpleasant stay in a hospital for awhile and years of treatment and drugs, but voting for a D and R is perfectly acceptable!!!!!

I think they all end badly, except for the fact that one solution ends your pain quickly, while the other leads up to a slow and painful death........................

top topics

join